v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

Also something a little strange.

2nd level of Dragons eye, right up the top right corner there is a path that heads straight down and is infested with groups of bombardier beetles. Anyhow 3 of the beetles so far are using the sprites/animations for yxunomei!

When you mouse over the monster it says 'Bombadier Beetle' and has all the movement speed, attacks and poisons that a beetle does, just the sprite is Yxunomei with a big red circle to match... Came as quite the suprise!

Fixpack/tweakpack v7.1 is out; download it and reinstall component 0 of icetutu_tweaks. (No need to start a new game or anything.) This fixes the weird animation problem, lets paladins use their innate abilities, and maybe (but probably not...) fixes the map crash bug.

This is as trivial as they come, but I happened to notice that the "Export Allowed" flag is checked for the Ice Tutu Tweaks NPCs. Is this intentional?

Is it ticked in-game or just in the CRE files in ice_tutu_tweaks/cre? (It's supposed to get wiped at install time - I generally do most of my file editing in WEIDU at install-time, not in the CRE file itself.)

Fixpack/tweakpack v7.1 is out; download it and reinstall component 0 of icetutu_tweaks. (No need to start a new game or anything.) This fixes the weird animation problem, lets paladins use their innate abilities, and maybe (but probably not...) fixes the map crash bug.

This is as trivial as they come, but I happened to notice that the "Export Allowed" flag is checked for the Ice Tutu Tweaks NPCs. Is this intentional?

Is it ticked in-game or just in the CRE files in ice_tutu_tweaks/cre? (It's supposed to get wiped at install time - I generally do most of my file editing in WEIDU at install-time, not in the CRE file itself.)

I was looking at the CREs, so yeah, sorry for the false report.

I was looking at the CREs, so yeah, sorry for the false report.

Not a problem. (Possibly it's a consequence of the kind of mods I write, but I learned a while ago to have a first stab at CRE-file editing in NI, and then to make all subsequent edits in WEIDU. That way I've got a very clear record of exactly what I've done. It probably doesn't make for the most readable code, though - sorry!)

As for other bugs:

- the "Gnomish tools" is, as masterpoobar noted, actually a bug in Item Upgrades. I've done a couple of hotfixes for Item Upgrades and Unfinished Business; they're pinned on the main IWD-in-BG2 forum.

- the blank items in Orrick's store is directly a bug in the "include BG2 spells in IWD" component of the Tweakpack, but really it's a core-converter problem (Blindness, a second level spell in IWD, has to be 1st level in IWD-in-BG2 so that illusionists can choose a first level spell; I forgot to map the Blindness scroll over to use the new spell; the automatic code that assigns scrolls to spells [yes, I'm lazy] got confused.) Since it's pretty trivial, I'll delay uploading it for now, but it's fixed locally.

There's also a fixed sahuagin animation, courtesy, Miloch, to include in the next upload. Again, this is pretty trivial; good luck noticing it in game.

Ok another bug.

Severed Hand tower, Where the ghostly goblins (lev1) and goblins & wolves (lev 2) port in/become visible, the just keep popping in and out, multiple times a second.

My summoned undead go crazy trying to follow them around - As far as i can tell each ghostly mob rapidly flicks between 2 or 3 locations in cycle.

They dont move from these locations, and damage can only (very occasionally) be done by a quick ranged shot.

Each time they port you get those little white texts pop up "smack" "chomp" "growl" etc.

[EDIT]

Doesn't happen for the mobs that are "there", rather the mobs that port in/become visible after an ambush.

Turn undead stops them from blinking and makes them run - but when that wears off they return to blinking.

OK, I understand this. It's the first v7 systematic bug - i.e., a bug caused by a general error in the logic of the converter, not some particular glitch. And unfortunately it's entirely my fault: I've managed to break the delicate structure Cam put in place for BitGlobals. Fixpack update to follow shortly...

EDIT:

OK, fixpack 7.2 should fix this (it does on my install, at any rate), and is now available.

Explain to me why the "press enter to close" is good.

Firstly, I believe pretty much all programs installed in a windows environment ends with a message instead of the installer vanishing.

Secondly, I believe the vast majority of WEiDU mods also end with something akin to "SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED" and letting the user close the terminal window.

Thirdly, for something so "advanced" as this conversation is - there is a point in of itself for the user to be able to see the batch ended as it should (also giving the possibility to scroll up for any error messages).

In summary, unless it's not non-trivial for you to append some kind of pause-at-EOF I think end-users would appreciate that (I know I would). :)

Tweakpack: yes. I took it as self-explanatory.

Fair enough. It might not be, or rather, the amount of content you actually miss out on might not be obvious for a non-experienced IWD player. But then again, maybe this is not for that person?

Katanas: no. (There aren't any in IWD, so there aren't any in IWD-in-BG2.)

Good to know. I take it that the same goes for all non-IWD weapons and equipment (so non Monk/Barbarian-only equipment).

Bugs:

Hitpoint-shenanigans

Description: The starting HP for Monks and Barbarians are not correct.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a (single or multiplayer) game

2. Create a Monk or Barbarian

3. Assign 18 to CON

4. Finish CG, and check HP

Expected results: The Monk should have 10 HP, and the Barbarian 16 HP.

Actual results: The Monk has 19 HP, and the Barbarian 14 HP.

Other: I believe the Monk should not have "Fighter-CON-bonus", and in any case 19 HP is weird/wrong. The Barbarian rolls a D12 for his HP (as opposed to a D10 for Fighter/Monk). See screenshots. Initially when testing this, I had the very strange case of female Monks getting 17 HP - and only in multiplayer - I can't seem to be able to reproduce that behaviour though. EDIT: Rangers also seems to have erroneous HP (they should have CON-bonus).

Soundsets galore

Description: Too many soundsets?

Steps to reproduce:

2. Create any character

3. Choose soundset

Expected results: There should be a few male and female soundsets.

Actual results: There are several soundsets with non-standard naming conventions.

Other: Possibly the component "~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Remove NPC soundsets from list of PC choice options: v7.0" does not work as intended? See screenshot.

Button mishap

Description: The Character arbitration-button is replaced under certain circumstances.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a multiplayer game

2. Create any character

3. Go to Record

Expected results: The bottom button should be Character arbitration.

Actual results: The button is replaced with the button for Options. It still functions as the Character arbitration button though.

Other: This only happens in multiplayer. See screenshot.

Other feedback:

Quit button

IWD and BG2 (as well as BG1) asks "Are you sure you want to quit?" when Quit Game is clicked. IWD-in-BG2 immediately quits to desktop. Intended behaviour?

Clicking-very-early-HP

If, when starting the game, you click "R" (for Record, but any button would probably do) immediately after the intro voiceover and before Hrothgar's talking-to, you will have 34-44 HP (it varies with class). After the first talk, HP is back to normal (albeit wrong for Monks and Barbarians).

W_PackMule

Would you consider calling this mod compatible? As of v 1.1 it now adds a mule to Kuldahar in IWD-in-BG2, per request.

WEiDU:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Remove NPC soundsets from list of PC choice options: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.0

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 conversion, v1

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate class for Holvir -> Holvir, inquisitor

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate class for Korin -> Korin, archer

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // Alternate class for Severn -> Severn, blade

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #400 // Presio's Duel: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v5

~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v3

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

post-2725-0-16585100-1325896326_thumb.jpg

Explain to me why the "press enter to close" is good.

Firstly, I believe pretty much all programs installed in a windows environment ends with a message instead of the installer vanishing.

Secondly, I believe the vast majority of WEiDU mods also end with something akin to "SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED" and letting the user close the terminal window.

Thirdly, for something so "advanced" as this conversation is - there is a point in of itself for the user to be able to see the batch ended as it should (also giving the possibility to scroll up for any error messages).

In summary, unless it's not non-trivial for you to append some kind of pause-at-EOF I think end-users would appreciate that (I know I would). :)

Okay, that's fairly persuasive. (Especially as I wipe the weidu.log after installation, so you can't check that way - or rather, you can, but not simply.)

Having said that, it can't be fixed in the fixpack, and I don't think it's significant enough to justify a new release of the core converter, so it may not happen for a while.

Tweakpack: yes. I took it as self-explanatory.

Fair enough. It might not be, or rather, the amount of content you actually miss out on might not be obvious for a non-experienced IWD player. But then again, maybe this is not for that person?

I'll spell it out a bit more, then.

Katanas: no. (There aren't any in IWD, so there aren't any in IWD-in-BG2.)

Good to know. I take it that the same goes for all non-IWD weapons and equipment (so non Monk/Barbarian-only equipment).

Yep. (Or rather: the core converter doesn't add any. It would be a natural thing for a mod to add.)

Hitpoint-shenanigans

Description: The starting HP for Monks and Barbarians are not correct.

Steps to reproduce:

2. Create a Monk or Barbarian

3. Assign 18 to CON

4. Finish CG, and check HP

Expected results: The Monk should have 10 HP, and the Barbarian 16 HP.

Actual results: The Monk has 19 HP, and the Barbarian 14 HP.

Other: I believe the Monk should not have "Fighter-CON-bonus", and in any case 19 HP is way wrong. The Barbarian rolls a D12 for his HP (as opposed to a D10 for Fighter/Monk). See screenshots.

Thanks: that's very clear and helpful. I suspect I'm mangling the level-1-hp code.

Soundsets galore

Description: Too many soundsets?

Steps to reproduce:

2. Create any character

3. Choose soundset

Expected results: There should be a few male and femaile soundsets.

Actual results: There are several soundsets with non-standard naming conventions.

Why is this a bug? Icewind Dale has about thirty soundsets. I take twelve away for NPCs; that still leaves lots. (Also, you probably don't need that component installed, since you're not using the NPCs that come with the Fixpack/Tweakpack.)

Button mishap

Description: The Character arbitration-button is replaced under certain circumstances.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a multiplayer game

2. Create any character

3. Go to Record

Expected results: The bottom button should be Character arbitration.

Actual results: The button is replaced with the button for Options. It still functions as the Character arbitration button though.

Other: This only happens in multiplayer. See screenshot.

Weird (but not too surprising: most of my testing is in single-player mode.) It'll be a cosmetic glitch in the GUI.

Non-bugs:

IWD and BG2 (as well as BG1) asks "Are you sure you want to quit?" when Quit Game is clicked. IWD-in-BG2 immediately quits to desktop. Intended behaviour?

I can't reproduce this. When you say "quit game is clicked", can you be more specific?

Okay, that's fairly persuasive. (Especially as I wipe the weidu.log after installation, so you can't check that way - or rather, you can, but not simply.)

Having said that, it can't be fixed in the fixpack, and I don't think it's significant enough to justify a new release of the core converter, so it may not happen for a while.

That's totally ok, I'll be here whenever v8 comes a'calling. :)

I'll spell it out a bit more, then.

Cheers! If you want to outsource the phrasing I could do it, just let me know.

Hitpoint-shenanigans

Thanks: that's very clear and helpful. I suspect I'm mangling the level-1-hp code.

I did some editing on my post before you replied, there is now some extra information in the original report. EDIT: Rangers also seems to have erroneous HP (they should have CON-bonus). There might be other instances, but I'll refrain from reporting until after you've checked the code.

Soundsets galore

Why is this a bug? Icewind Dale has about thirty soundsets. I take twelve away for NPCs; that still leaves lots. (Also, you probably don't need that component installed, since you're not using the NPCs that come with the Fixpack/Tweakpack.)

Oh. I mis-remembered how many soundsets there were in IWD. But the "non-standard" naming of the existing soundsets is what prompted me to believe something was bugged/weird. Compare vanilla IWD soundset names to the ones in IWD-in-BG2 in the attached screenshots below.

[And regarding that component, I actually thought it was the other way around - that if you do NOT use the NPC's, you'd use the component to remove their soundsets... Go figure :)]

post-2725-0-16585100-1325896326_thumb.jpg

post-2725-0-04749100-1325901157_thumb.jpg

Button mishap

Weird (but not too surprising: most of my testing is in single-player mode.) It'll be a cosmetic glitch in the GUI.

Yeah it's very minor (and weird!) but I thought I'd report it anyway. I don't really play in MP (only for testing purposes), do you want reports of MP-bugs?

Quit button

I can't reproduce this. When you say "quit game is clicked", can you be more specific?

Ah, sorry. At the main screen, the bottom button "QUIT GAME" doesn't ask for confirmation. And I see now there is a source of confusion here (on my part, at least): pressing "QUIT" after you chose either IWD or "TotLM" will ask for confirmation, it's the "QUIT GAME" of the very first screen that doesn't. See screenshot. EDIT: This behaviour mimics the one of BG2, that asks for confirmation when SoA or ToB is chosen, but immediately quits if you QUIT GAME in the first screen. In other words, disregard at your leisure.

Also, please note that when I edited my previous post I also added Clicking-very-early and W_PackMule under Other feedback. :)

post-2725-0-04749100-1325901157_thumb.jpg

Another small glitch - Possibly due to me playing around with .ITM files - But unlikely as im not changing the text, just which classes can use what weapons.

The item descriptions for a few items are incorrect.

ULXBW2A.ITM (Finest Light Crossbow)

Has the description:

The long bow is similar to the short bow, except that the staff is about as high as the archer is, usually 6 to 6.5 feet. It has two advantages over the short bow: better range and hence, it is much more accurate.

STATISTICS:

Damage:

THAC0: +1

Weight: 3

Speed Factor: 7

Proficiency Type: Long Bow

Type: 2-handed

Minimum Strength of 12 required

Not Usable By:

Druid

Cleric

Mage

Thief

Same deal with:

ULXBW3A.ITM (shares description with BLCKBOW.ITM)

ULXBW3B.ITM (Seems to think its a nonmagical Flail)

Ditto with ULXBW5A.ITM

Oh and i dunno about you guys, but the Majority of times i install WeiDU mods on my Win7 (32bit) PC i get a message saying "this application may not have installed correctly" then a 2 option choice.

If i recall the 1st option is "diagnose problems" and the 2nd option is "it installed sucessfully"

Soemthing I've just learnt to ignore. :)

Archived