Assassins spamming potion of invisibility?

Do you have a script example where this was working reasonably well? I can just look it up if you give me the name. (Goes for RR etc. too but I'm more interested in a BG1 working script that could be generalised to the BG2 engine.)

No, unfortunately I cannot because it turns out that it does not work due to the way I have implemented it with the rest of the AI. I just did a test of the backstab code on it own, though, and it works. Walk away, hide, backstab, without any delay. I can PM you the code if you want to have a look at it.

Have you noticed any enemies getting "stuck" offscreen (due to the lack of Enable AI Offscreen in BG) until the player moves to reenable scripting on those enemies?

I am not sure if they got stuck but the AI can be a bit odd when offscreen but it works on some level. In FotD I have monsters and animals randomwalking when offscreen so if you are just hanging out in Larswood enjoying a sunny day a bunch of critters may show up to crash the party.

Every time I come across a thief/assassin, they spam like potions of invisibility one after another backstabbing for quadruple damage and only target my mages, this is absolutely infuriating. Ive just visited the government district for the first time (litterially just got out of iranicus dungeon), and was making my way back to wakeems promenade, but every time i attempt to go there, it says you have been 'waylayed by enemies' and every time, the slaver thief of the ambush group uses these potions like no tomorrow. Potion>backstab>potion>backstab>potion>backstab D: Deffo do not remember theives having an endless supply of potions from vanilla SOA

Im just wondering if this is because of the tweaks from this website, or the tactics mod http://weidu.org/tactics.html as I need to uninstall this asap.

[edit]

Just want to note, even after they spam the potions an kill nalia within minutes, they absolutely rape the rest of my group. It seems I have boarded the rapetrain.

Well, at least Keldorn and my character survived..

it's from SCS2. pretty annoying but not difficult. prebuff with stoneskin/mirror image/invisibility or drink invis. potion at the start of the fight. cast emotion, confusion/chaos, slow, glitterdust, hold person, etc. and wipe them out. or uninstall "improved random encounters" component form SCS2.

And here folks we have the winning answer to the OP's post.

Every time I come across a thief/assassin, they spam like potions of invisibility one after another backstabbing for quadruple damage and only target my mages, this is absolutely infuriating. Ive just visited the government district for the first time (litterially just got out of iranicus dungeon), and was making my way back to wakeems promenade, but every time i attempt to go there, it says you have been 'waylayed by enemies' and every time, the slaver thief of the ambush group uses these potions like no tomorrow. Potion>backstab>potion>backstab>potion>backstab D: Deffo do not remember theives having an endless supply of potions from vanilla SOA

Im just wondering if this is because of the tweaks from this website, or the tactics mod http://weidu.org/tactics.html as I need to uninstall this asap.

[edit]

Just want to note, even after they spam the potions an kill nalia within minutes, they absolutely rape the rest of my group. It seems I have boarded the rapetrain.

Well, at least Keldorn and my character survived..

it's from SCS2. pretty annoying but not difficult. prebuff with stoneskin/mirror image/invisibility or drink invis. potion at the start of the fight. cast emotion, confusion/chaos, slow, glitterdust, hold person, etc. and wipe them out. or uninstall "improved random encounters" component form SCS2.

And here folks we have the winning answer to the OP's post.

Nice, seeing as Im nearly able to defeat Firkraag already, think Ill be installing SCS2 again as Im just rolling though everything.

Archived