Chateau Irenicus

CamDawg

Chateau Irenicus  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I've had a few little comments in the past on Aklon's presence in Chateau Irenicus and I was wondering what everyone's thought were on the subject.

Aklon doesn't have to be there, but the PC must rescue him from someone, because Aklon won't sighn up with a random party of adventurers he meets on the street. He's got his own plans for the future and they don't include leaping mindlessly into danger for a living.  :D

The slaver ship would work as well, or one of the back rooms in the Copper Coronet.

..or upstairs in the Copper Coronet! :wink.gif He could well be chained up and being brutally beaten! :D

Yes, but would he be thankful for being rescued? :D

Seriously, though, please don't put him in CI. Not being able to use DBG is a major turn-off; just look at how much flak Chloe took for it.

There's no reason for Aklon to be in Chateau Irenicus that I can see... unless you have a very compelling plot device linking Aklon to Irenicus in a way that would further Joneleth's plans for godhood/revenge.  Barring that, having him there is just too convenient... kind of clunky.

Having him enslaved at the CC with Hendryk & company is an excellent suggestion... The only motivation the slavers need to hold him captive is... well.... that's what they do!  

Mae'var would be a little trickier, but you could probably come up with a way Aklon crossed the guild, wittingly or un...

It's just that 'imprisoned by Irenicus' would be the most difficult to explain, if not impossible.

The idea that Aklon is one of the enslaved pit fighters in the CC is starting to grow on me. He would make for excellent sport--as a monk, he would be one of the few slaves who would be able to hold his own unarmed against the creatures.

The one problem might be for evil parties who do this quest. Isn't there an evil method where you end up killing Hendak and the slaves?

The idea that Aklon is one of the enslaved pit fighters in the CC is starting to grow on me. He would make for excellent sport--as a monk, he would be one of the few slaves who would be able to hold his own unarmed against the creatures.

The one problem might be for evil parties who do this quest. Isn't there an evil method where you end up killing Hendak and the slaves?

yes.

if you talk to leithian after talking to hendak, you can get the quest to kill him...

and morninglory hates you... :D

but you can do it that way...

but just about no one ever does it that way...you miss out on some good loot... :D

Seriously, though, please don't put him in CI. Not being able to use DBG is a major turn-off; just look at how much flak Chloe took for it.

With some permission and a few code additions could he not be made DBG compliant?

The Copper Coronet was one of the other places I had in mind. It would be difficult, but not impossible, for the slavers to hold him. Even stripped naked he's still equivalently wearing plate mail and he could kill guards as easily as monsters. Still, it's not a bad idea. I'll have to strip a few things out, but if people are less annoyed that way, I'll do it.

Maybe I should set up a poll to see where people would like to find him...

I think finding him in the CC as part of the slave thing makes the most sense.  After all, they're looking for warriors to fight monsters.  Although, you have a point, Rob, in that Aklon could probably kill the guards with his little finger!  :D

Chateau Irenicus is certainly recieving lots of negative feedback  :D

While it would be hard to hold Aklon without magical assistance (part of the reason that he was gonna be in CI anyway), it wouldn't be impossible. They held Hendak, after all, and forced him to be a pit fighter. He was even allowed to keep weapons in his cell, so they must have had a means to control as dangerous a man as him....

I just had a little look through the Copper Coronet situation and I think I could set up a way so that people who really feel the need to kill Hendak could still get Aklon. You cold simply buy him from Leithian after killing Hendak.

Of course, Aklon may have words (or other things) for Leithian, but what the hell. :D

Or, I could shove Aklon into the Slaver ship, where he's awaiting transport to somewhere else.

perhapse he's been outfitted with a magical collar that limits his fighting abilities???

as per morrowind slaves???

and while the beastmaster's key broke the spell, he still can't get rid of the collar, and later on an enemy somehow managed to aquire the controlling device for the collar, so the party has to take down the enemy to release aklon???

possibly even firky...wouldn't it be like that old lizard to have his spys spy on the bhaalspawn, find out she's involved with this monk feller, and have his agents buy or steal the control device???  its fittingly sadistic...very reptilian...

perhapse he's been outfitted with a magical collar that limits his fighting abilities???

as per morrowind slaves???

and while the beastmaster's key broke the spell, he still can't get rid of the collar, and later on an enemy somehow managed to aquire the controlling device for the collar, so the party has to take down the enemy to release aklon???

possibly even firky...wouldn't it be like that old lizard to have his spys spy on the bhaalspawn, find out she's involved with this monk feller, and have his agents buy or steal the control device???  its fittingly sadistic...very reptilian...

It could be an interesting side plot to add to Aklon. You might have to look around quite a lot to find the control device.....

Very interesting. I'll have to have a think about that. Thanks, UU.  :D

Archived