Xan won't talk at all

DrElementary

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Xan. I know he's a bit whiny and all, but in my game he's so down he won't say anything!

His dialog "The sky!" doesn't trigger when leaving the mines, nor does anything else comes out of his mouth at any point after. I've done a clean install of BG:EE and have the BG1 NPC project and the Romantic Encounters installed.

Any ideas?

BG1 Romantic Encounters shouldn't be blocking any of his talks (we give Xan a couple of dialogues related to the Girdle of Gender, but someone has to actually be wearing it for them to trigger).

Am not in any way an expert on the Project, but - Xan's "The sky!" dialogue is a love talk and theoretically only triggers if your PC is a possible match. And, who else is in your party, and have they been talking? If so, is it just banters between themselves, or talks addressed to the PC? EDIT: Are you outside? Are there any status effects (like deafness) on Xan or your PC? What happens when you initiate dialogue with him?

PC is a half-elf female. The rest of my party is Jahiera, Khalid, Ajantis, Rasaad, and Garrick. I kicked Garrick to make room for Xan. All the rest have been talking to me, and I have certainly not tried to get in a romance with Ajantis. I pick Xan up, go right outside, no status effects. When I initiate dialog, I get the million difference choices that he has one line answers too, but that's it. I've played about 20 days with him in my party, and he hasn't spoken up once.

That's a real shame. (Xan's a great guy, even if I sometimes want to kick him into the middle of next week, and he's awesomely sweet.)

If you've got the console going, could you check:

GetGlobal("X#XANMatch","GLOBAL")

GetGlobal("X#XARomanceActive","GLOBAL")

GetGlobal("X#XALoveTalk","GLOBAL")

GetGlobal("X#XaFriendTalk","GLOBAL")

If any of them are not at 1, try setting them to that. Good luck. (This is as much as I can garner from looking at his files in Note++.)

When I do any of those it just says that they do not exist. If I try to change any to 1 I get some console error about "active stack".

It's like it's not even installed, but I've looked and made sure it was. There were no errors or anything. It's very weird!

Just as a side note, after many hours I gave up waiting and started the Coran romance, and that works just fine...it just seems to be Xan.

Archived