Version 1 is available!

Kulyok

"Jon Irenicus is burning down the orphanages and youth centers of Athkatla! A-Team, you're our only hope!"

MrT2.gif

Anomen and Aerie...Ajantis and Alora from BG1 (and isn't somebody making a BGII Ajantis?)...and really Nalia counts too, since her "last name" is technically Arnise. Just like Leonardo's last name isn't "da Vinci."

"Jon Irenicus is burning down the orphanages and youth centers of Athkatla! A-Team, you're our only hope!"

MrT2.gif

Anomen and Aerie...Ajantis and Alora from BG1 (and isn't somebody making a BGII Ajantis?)...and really Nalia counts too, since her "last name" is technically Arnise. Just like Leonardo's last name isn't "da Vinci."

:):):)

Gotta pick up Anchev in TOB, too.

I must now go Baldurize Mr. T for posterity. Maybe he could be a new merchant for the A Team, selling amulets, axes, and ammunition.

I must now go Baldurize Mr. T for posterity. Maybe he could be a new merchant for the A Team, selling amulets, axes, and ammunition.

Maybe he could be like Cromwell and make a +6 vorpal sword out of a +1 shortsword, three silver necklaces, a scroll of "detect alignment" and some Goodberries...

Edit: Well what do you know wikipedia, Mr. T never actually said "I pity the fool" on the A-team...I guess just like Kirk never said "beam me up, Scotty," Holmes never said "elementary, dear Watson," there is no such thing as the "Vulcan death grip" and Jeeves was a valet and not a butler...

On topic (Shock! Horror!) I'm a good way into my BG2 + Angelo game now (sahuagin city, albeit with limited sidequests done in chapter 2/3) and I have to say the player initiated dialogue setup is the most pleasing I've seen to date in a mod, or even in any RPG.

What I like is that the general options allow for a good few things to talk about initiatlly, the sequential options make it so there's new stuff to talk about when you re-initiate dialogue for quite some time into the game, and the option to ask about your other party members and the current situation prevent the content from standing in a vacuum, anchoring Angelo much more strongly in the plot, integrating him into the party.

I also like the player initiated dialogue because it's unintrusive. Some other mods have to mod character interject tons and tons to make the character's presence felt. This feels much more jarring because none of the Bioware NPCs do. Now, none of the Bioware NPCs have player initiated dialogue either, but as it's your choice on when to talk to him it doesn't jar me.

Final note: Now I wish someone would make a mod with player initiated dialogue in this style for all the bioware NPCs. :-p

:) Thanks! Now, there's something worth thinking about...a sort of "BG2 NPC project"...

On topic (Shock! Horror!) I'm a good way into my BG2 + Angelo game now (sahuagin city, albeit with limited sidequests done in chapter 2/3) and I have to say the player initiated dialogue setup is the most pleasing I've seen to date in a mod, or even in any RPG.

What I like is that the general options allow for a good few things to talk about initiatlly, the sequential options make it so there's new stuff to talk about when you re-initiate dialogue for quite some time into the game, and the option to ask about your other party members and the current situation prevent the content from standing in a vacuum, anchoring Angelo much more strongly in the plot, integrating him into the party.

I also like the player initiated dialogue because it's unintrusive. Some other mods have to mod character interject tons and tons to make the character's presence felt. This feels much more jarring because none of the Bioware NPCs do. Now, none of the Bioware NPCs have player initiated dialogue either, but as it's your choice on when to talk to him it doesn't jar me.

Final note: Now I wish someone would make a mod with player initiated dialogue in this style for all the bioware NPCs. :-p

If they do, I hope they make each NPC a separate option at install. With mod added romances to Imoen, Nalia, one day Mazzy, one day Keldorn, one day Valygar, etc., I'd prefer to use the PID that comes with the romance mod.

Archived