Tutu?

Grim Squeaker

As I now have two offers of Tutu NPCs (Mur'neth and Indira) I think I might extend this project to Tutu. It'd be the same download, I'll just used some REQUIRE_FILEs and FORBID_FILEs to prevent you from installing the Tutu component on BG2 and vice-versa.

1) Can anyone see any problems with it? Yes, I know once/if material gets voicing then it'll get pretty large but I reckon I'll do three seperate voice downloads (Tutu, SoA and ToB) coz it'd really piss someone off if they had to download shitloads of audio just to get their one Indira-Mur'neth banter ingame or something.

2) Could someone recommend a Tutu file that I can use for the REQUIRE_FILE?

1) Other than the sound files you've already mentioned, no.

2) I usually just check for the existence of one of the area files in the override folder--FW0100.are (NW Baldur's Gate) or FW1500.are (Werewolf Isle) if 'm checking for Tutu + TotSC.

It'd be the same download, I'll just used some REQUIRE_FILEs and FORBID_FILEs to prevent you from installing the Tutu component on BG2 and vice-versa. 

1) Can anyone see any problems with it?  Yes, I know once/if material gets voicing then it'll get pretty large but I reckon I'll do three seperate voice downloads (Tutu, SoA and ToB) coz it'd really piss someone off if they had to download shitloads of audio just to get their one Indira-Mur'neth banter ingame or something.

Isn't this a good argument for separating the BG2 and the Tutu packs entirely, then?

I would also like to throw figs at "separate voice downloads."

I think separating them into two downloads (one Tutu, one BGII) is a Good Idea. Perhaps even 3, if you separate SoA and ToB. Though I think they should all be able to happily coexist in one forum. :)

I think sound should be packaged with the dialogue, though - I don't think it'll take much space.

Archived