Comming from Android programming: how can I help

qnestor

lynx,

I don't have that file built, when I bash prep_env throws:

cp: cannot stat `[mypath]/gemrb/gemrb/android/libogg-vorbis-android/libs/armeabi/libogg.so': No such file or directory

I thought it was because the script gets the repository: 'git clone git://github.com/jcadam/libogg-vorbis-android.git' and after attempts to copy the file; but that file is not in the repository. What was built in "[gemrb]/gemrb/gemrb/android/libogg-vorbis-android" is what's in github.com/jcadam/libogg-vorbis-android.git there's no libs folder. Which I think makes sense right?

The ndk thing is not so important. What I meant was that I have to enter the path to where I downloaded the ndk to execute ndk-build but in the prep_env script it assumes otherwise

Ah, the script assumes you have it in your $PATH for simplicity.

libogg.so is built after downloading (the code). I'm asking if it got built somewhere else than libs, since upstream could have changed their build system. But it's clear now you just have the same ndk path issue there. Are you sure there weren't any other errors before?

Lynx,

You were right. The problem was that I renamed the commands ndk-build in the script wrong and 'make' wasnt doing anything. It is fixed after adding ndk dir to path. However I ran into another issue, after prep_env finishes successfully, when I run ndk-build in /build/gemrb I get :

jni/src/main/gemrb/plugins/SDLVideo/SDL20Video.cpp: In member function 'virtual void GemRB::SDL20VideoDriver::showFrame(unsigned char*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, int, unsigned char*, GemRB::ieDword)':

jni/src/main/gemrb/plugins/SDLVideo/SDL20Video.cpp:250:47: error: 'RectFromReigon' was not declared in this scope

It's similar to the error I was getting that first time when I was not compiling github version

That doesn't look like a problem in my build specifically, right?

I still think something should be corrected with that SDL_android_main.cpp file.

What I tried was simply this: in the script copy SDL_android_main.c to SDL_android_main.cpp. After finished, /build/gemrb/ndk-build gives me an error:

/home/android-ndk-r8e/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./obj/local/armeabi/objs/main/__/SDL/src/main/android/SDL_android_main.o: in function Java_org_libsdl_app_SDLActivity_nativeInit(_JNIEnv*, _jclass*, _jobject*):jni/src/../SDL/src/main/android/SDL_android_main.cpp:21: error: undefined reference to 'SDL_Android_Init(_JNIEnv*, _jclass*)'

Don't know how to fix that though

Checked SDL. I got the project to build using an old SDL_android_main.cpp. I think that file may have been deleted by accident

Thanks for your help guys I'll be updating soon

you don't want to build with new SDL and an old SDL_android_main.cpp; we need add our changes to an updated SDL_android_main file. Same applies for the SDL java file too (if we change it). what we ought to do is maybe subclass the activity instead of altering the original.

Ok I talked to the guy who changed DSL android lib and it was intended. So the files gemRB build should be fixed, I did that already in github and requested an update.

I'll be putting some time in a tool to make the config easier as discussed previously

Archived