Imoen the Bard

Buck Naked: not sure what you mean.  The only place I can see that tells you where to download the mod is the first post in this thread, and the download is right there ???.

Scott3614: No, it just means SoA doesn't end after you defeat Ireniucs for the final time and return to Suldanessellar.

What he means is that it's not listed in the G3 website anywhere, only here. I had a hell of a time trying to figure out where I got it from after taking a look at the one I DLd.

Still hoping for a Tutu compatible version. I tried to to change here class myself using the editor I have, but she still keeps coming up a Theif after Tutu is installed. ;)

Eventually this mod will be revived, and yes I'll add a component for Tutu players to have Imoen as a bard.  In fact, I might as well also do BGT while I'm at it.

Excellent! However, one thing I like about having a Bard is the Lore bonuses, it makes it much easier for identifying items. Not really a problem in SoA/ToB since I have those glasses, but it's very handy in BG1. That's one reason I always pick Garrick in Beregost. Any chance you could also make the Lore penalty optional? Not really sure why you feel the need to give her a disadvantage myself, Bards aren't really a gamebreaking character class to begin with. Their role is more supportive than key.

Incidentally, can you point me to any good Bard scripts out there for SoA? I really liked the one in IWD II, so it would be nice to have something comparable. One for IWD I would be nice as well.

I've tried out your mod, but Imoen still has the ability to set traps. I haven't really played with a bard in BG2 but I'm guessing they don't have that ability normally.

She's supposed to.

ARCANE ROGUE: Whereas the typical bard is an entertainer who has taught himself arcane spellcasting and sleight-of-hand, the arcane rogue devotes himself to the simultaenous study of wizardry and thieving. As such, he has several extra thief abilities and improved access to spells, but no unique bard abilities.

Advantages:

- May backstab for a lesser amount than the thief class (level 1-8: x1, level 9-16: x2, level 17+: x3)

- Can set traps

- Memorises one extra spell per level

- Bard Song gives bonuses to allied thieves' abilities (except stealth)

Disadvantages:

- Can only be proficient in the weapons a mage/thief can use

She's supposed to.

ARCANE ROGUE: Whereas the typical bard is an entertainer who has taught himself arcane spellcasting and sleight-of-hand, the arcane rogue devotes himself to the simultaenous study of wizardry and thieving. As such, he has several extra thief abilities and improved access to spells, but no unique bard abilities.

Advantages:

- May backstab for a lesser amount than the thief class (level 1-8: x1, level 9-16: x2, level 17+: x3)

- Can set traps

- Memorises one extra spell per level

- Bard Song gives bonuses to allied thieves' abilities (except stealth)

Disadvantages:

- Can only be proficient in the weapons a mage/thief can use

I see. I just thought it was a bug and figured I'd let you know. Never mind.

Eventually this mod will be revived, and yes I'll add a component for Tutu players to have Imoen as a bard.  In fact, I might as well also do BGT while I'm at it.

Excellent! However, one thing I like about having a Bard is the Lore bonuses, it makes it much easier for identifying items. Not really a problem in SoA/ToB since I have those glasses, but it's very handy in BG1. That's one reason I always pick Garrick in Beregost. Any chance you could also make the Lore penalty optional? Not really sure why you feel the need to give her a disadvantage myself, Bards aren't really a gamebreaking character class to begin with. Their role is more supportive than key.

Yeah, I'm also a little disappointed to see that her Lore bonus is so weak. That is the main thing I almost always include a bard for in the BG series--easy item identification! I don't see Immy having reasonably high Lore ability as a gamebreaker either.

Because Imoen is such a chatterbox, and so intelligent and inquisitive, and so forth, she's really a natural as a Bard. That's how I picture her, anyway. And I also don't see her primarily as a musical singer but rather a storyteller-in-the-corner-tavern type. I do see her having a keen interest in storytelling--of far off exotic, foreign lands, of stirring tales of epic adventures, of tales that convey timeless morals and messages, and so forth. Although her insight into deeper meanings wouldn't be extraordinary since her Wis is 11. Anyway, she'd be more of the poetic, storytelling type it seems to me. I think in terms of her personality she's the kind that would soak up verbal information like a sponge. But perhaps not too strong in the booklearning department.

Anyway, I would recommend setting Immy's Bard Lore bonus same as a Blade. I found that Haer'Dalis, for example, even though a Blade, reached 100 Lore quickly enough. He was able to identify everything from then on. I'd appreciate having someone other than Haer'Dalis and Keto to choose from to perform that function within the party.

The other features of the Arcane Rogue look very intriguing, I'm very eager to try this version of Imoen when I take my current Tutu Wild Mage into BG2.

In another thread Nightmare mentioned that Imoen can be played as a 'true class' regular old vanilla bard with this mod. But I don't see exactly how to do that. When I begin a new game, Immy immediately gets converted into the Arcane Rogue Kit. I didn't see an option during installation to select a 'true class' bard for her. Have I overlooked something?

Archived