Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

Up to now, I've found 4 items that should definitely be usable by blackguards but aren't due to the items being forbidden for all paladins.

These are the Sword of Chaos +2 (SW2H16), the Helm of Despair(HELM02), the Kangaxx ring(RING39) and the Silver Sword(SW2H15).

Also, the drow full plate armor(PLAT01) gives 45% physical reduction instead of 20 base + 5 for drowcraft.

Edited by GrimLefourbe

Up to now, I've found 4 items that should definitely be usable by blackguards but aren't due to the items being forbidden for all paladins.

These are the Sword of Chaos +2 (SW2H16), the Helm of Despair(HELM02), the Kangaxx ring(RING39) and the Silver Sword(SW2H15).

It may be tricky to make items usable by blackguards but not regular paladins. Does anyone know if there are any such items in vanilla BGEE/BG2EE?

Maybe some new method added in the EE engine can accomplish this sort of thing?

Otherwise, we may have to live with this or change the items so they are restricted from all good characters instead of just paladins.

There are, OHREAVER is one but it is only usable by blackguards and not anyone else.

However, I think the 2.0 patch added an opcode to restrict items from kits.

I remember some talks about how shaman can use axes and druids can't. IIRC, all axes are usable by druids and shaman both but then receive an opcode to limit their usage from druids. Again I don't know much about the details but Subtledoctor has worked a lot with kits so i'm sure he'd know the answer.

Some of these items could be fixed by being unusable by good characters anyway I think.

I remember some talks about how shaman can use axes and druids can't. IIRC, all axes are usable by druids and shaman both but then receive an opcode to limit their usage from druids.

Good pointer in the right direction. (I notice we'll probably also have to fix our axes because we use the old way of making the whole item unusable by druids.)

Yeah, I checked IESDP and saw opcode #319, but the description was confusing about whether it served to restrict items from certain creatures or restrict items to certain creatures. I recall when CamDawg first posted about it and seemed to indicate it could do both. I'll have to experiment with that.

We should be able to get what we want by making the item usable by paladins, then adding #319 effects to restrict it from TRUECLASS, CAVALIER, INQUISITOR, and UNDEADHUNTER kits. Unfortunately this won't make it unusable by mod-added paladin kits, but we could maybe include a fix for that in the weapon changes component.

Hum, at the risk of being a bit too demanding from him, subtledoctor's also working on Faith and Powers alongside Grammarsalad which make huge changes to paladins with the plan "to better support non-good paladins, and to allow all to select a deity (or demon, whatever)." so maybe they've already thought about how to limit weapons in a dynamic way?

Two additional bugs I didn't catch before: Warblade has undocumented "Sundering" effect, Eagle Bow +2 inexplicably requires 6 strength instead of 3.

(edit): Text inconsistency: Ripper is somewhat out of sorts.

THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: +1 bonus
Proficiency Type: Long Bow
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 5
Requires: 18 Strength
Type: 2-handed

->

THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: +1 bonus
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Long Bow
Type: 2-handed
Requires: 18 Strength

As per other Composite Longbows.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I just started using IR V4 and tought I should do my part in testing the beta.

So far, I've only found a minor error with Xan's moonblade. The description says it should give +40% fire resist, but it actually gives +50%. This was already reported last year by someone else, but since there has been many update since, I thought it might be best to report it again.

Posted by PartyPuffin on 12 February 2015 - 04:51 PM in Item Revisions

Found a minor oversight, the moonblade's description (2 AC, 40% Fire Res) doesn't match its actual stats (1AC, 50% Fire Res)

The AC description was changed to 1 and matches the actual bonus, so that parts fine.

We should be able to get what we want by making the item usable by paladins, then adding #319 effects to restrict it from TRUECLASS, CAVALIER, INQUISITOR, and UNDEADHUNTER kits. Unfortunately this won't make it unusable by mod-added paladin kits, but we could maybe include a fix for that in the weapon changes component.

Easy enough to loop through kitlist.2da, starting *below* the row containing the Blackguard, and for each paladin kit, add a 319 effect to these items targeting those kits.

Or just add the 319 effect for every paladin kit, and then go in later and DELETE_EFFECT the one for Blackguard.

I'm running IR + SR + SRS, several fixpacks, and a bunch of npc and quest mods. So it's possible these bugs are not related to IR.

- Staff of the High Forest + 2 can't be used by druids. According to its description, it should. It's also one of Cernd's starting items.

- Cloak of the High Forest can't be used by Cernd. According to its description, it can only be used by Cernd.

Edited by solstheim