mods: stacking & compatibility

briplex

Greetings good ppl & fellow players.

Me & my friends play BG2 long time. Took a pause for a few years and now were back. It was nice to get extra content out in the pause period and thats where the questions come from.

Btw we played all of the similar game BG, IWD, etc but BG2 is n0.1 and were sticking to that.

It is vary simple. Put as much content in 1 install.

So far we made this and tested it. All is compatible and works good. No bugs.

Sometimes game crashes when u run arround invisible to areas u didnt previously explored and which contain key game elements. Its better that way anyway.

This is the install order and list:

-BG2: SoA

-BG2: ToB

-BG2: ToB oficial patch

-bg2fixpack-v9 WeiDU

- bp-bgt-worldmap-v901 - huge map

-TDD v1.14 - all kits used, any other kits in other mods are not used

-Weimer-Valen-v45

-Weimer-TacticsMod-v25 without Improved Small Teeth Pass

-Weimer-Underrep-v6

-Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v103

-Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.24

-LongerRoad_v1.5.1

-Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v38

-bg2_tweaks-v10

Thats it so far. Problem is NOT ENOUGHT CONTENT.

If anyone knows any other mod that can be added to the list above and its install order we would much aprreciate it.

Please keep in mind 2 things before giving advice:

1. CONTENT (the more added the better)

2. STABILITY (whats the point of having content if u cant play with it)

Thx every1 for sugestions.

Working on the same thing here: I've been working on getting a stable enough installation to play BG2 with up to 130 mods or so for several years now. I kept following the BWP installation order because I thought it would yield the most compatible installation with the least unwanted issues in-game, but It never gave me a playable game. With guidance from a veteran modder, I'm now following a rearranged mod install order that looks promising, at least on my system.

The idea is to install mods by category. In my case, the order of mod categories is:

Corrections (BG2 Fixpack)

Improvements (1PP)

Quests

Tactical Encounters

Stores & Items

Kits

NPC-related mods (friendship/relationship mods)

NPCs

Tweaks

Graphic, Sound, and Portrait mods

Fixer mods (Nythrun Fix) <- without this mod, I always get a CTD when resting the party.

From the Tweaks category through the end, I install in this order:

Wheels of Prophecy

Rogue Rebalancing (NOT HLA changes)

aTweaks

1PP Flame swords, Colourable Quarterstaves <- these go after all NPCs have been installed

Crossmod Banter Pack

The Bigg Tweak Pack

BG2 Tweaks

Containers

SCSII

BuTcHeRy

Rogue Rebalancing (HLA changes)

1PP HQ Music

AceAltMusicLite

BG2CPM

W_GUI

Nythrun Fix

testo

There's some room for variation, and you can test the game after each category (and I've been making separate .zip archives of the entire installation after installing the mods I want from each category) to check if modded content appears and functions as it should.

If and when I arrive at a playable multimod installation, following this strategy, I'll post the results, including the weidu.log contents.

So, you might want to give this install-by-category approach a try.

what i listed up works good with out any crashes. If i manage to add more content and make it stable ill let u know.
So I guess you are using Mac then ?

As other vice, the BiG World Project covers nearly 400 mods, but it works only on PCs.

Ericp07 and Jarno Mikkola, you are heroes! Eric, I used your order for my new install and it works beautifully. Jarno Mikkola, I found some old posts of yours over at SHS and am now avoiding some of the big problems that occur with large installs. I do not understand at all what BWS really is, but I did realise that I was stacking too much ammo and such (going over 200) and some of your other tips. I am running into fewer annoying problems and can now have more mods and less lag.

I just had to thank you both. :)

I do not understand at all what BWS really is, but I did realise that I was stacking too much ammo and such (going over 200) and some of your other tips.
Well, the BWS is a BG2 mod installation program(for PC of course), well that and it downloads and extracts them too if you are online. And all the mods are of course optional, which allows you to customize the whole lot of things You of course need to read about that in the Megamod FAQ post I wrote, which is linked in my signature.

I am running into fewer annoying problems and can now have more mods and less lag.
Well, if you won't tell us what those problems are, we can't help you. So if you would like ... naughty.gif

Archived