Version 10 of the Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack Released

CamDawg

On my BG:EE "Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor" seems not to work. Other mods like remove helmet, infinite stacks etc. works but with Spellcasting while wearing Full Plate (without shield) I get 100% misscast. The mod worked fine on BG TuTu. It might be issue with my mod installation on BG:EE but since I got no errors from Setup and other mods work fine and I still can try casting spells, I doubt it.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for those mods.

Yep, got this one as well for v11. It's a simple math error--it's applying a negative miscast error, which wraps around to some ridiculously high positive number instead, causing everything to fail.

Hello, I'm attempting to use this with BG:EE but am having a problem. When I attempt to open "setup-bg2_tweaks.exe" I get an error in the command console that states: "Error: Unable to find Chitin.key". It is apparently looking for Chitin.key in only two locations: "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" and "D:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA". Neither of those are related to my BG:EE directory, which is: "D:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate EE" (and the Chitin.key file is further located in "...\Baldur's Gate EE\Data\00766"). Is there any way to fix this?

Hello, I'm attempting to use this with BG:EE but am having a problem. When I attempt to open "setup-bg2_tweaks.exe" I get an error in the command console that states: "Error: Unable to find Chitin.key". It is apparently looking for Chitin.key in only two locations: "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" and "D:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA". Neither of those are related to my BG:EE directory, which is: "D:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate EE" (and the Chitin.key file is further located in "...\Baldur's Gate EE\Data\00766"). Is there any way to fix this?

setup-bg2_tweaks.exe needs to be run in the same folder as chitin.key and dialog.tlk. It sounds like you've extracted the mod to the wrong location.

Great to see the release of v10, but it seems one change that was to be included is missing. :( After aVENGER made the 9.03 preview, I proposed this. aVENGER agreed on it and I waited for it to be included in the preview, but nothing happened (at least not publicly). Now I wasn't able to check the forums in the last couple of days to maybe post a reminder when 9.07 happened, and now it seems it was forgotten. :(

Meh, there's no need to remove it. I've added the same checks so it won't be presented if the BGT version is already installed.

That's okay I guess, but wouldn't it be more reasonable to complete the full migration of this component? After all, the reason I first proposed this has not changed:

... this particular tweak simply belongs to the BGT Tweaks by simple logic: It's a component which is selectable only and exclusively for a BGT install, and it is specifically designed for BGT - yet it is found in the BG2 Tweak Pack ...

... if someday a new version of the BG2 Tweak Pack will be released, then this tweak could be removed from it in order to "clean things up".

It's about inter-mod order. Nobody would argue that any of the other components in the BGT Tweak Pack would also have to be in the BG2 Tweaks. Now that the Reputation Reset as well is where it belongs, why would we make an exception?

So please keep the component only if you definitely think it will be better that way.

It still generated error for me CamDawg when i run it from 00766. Might be a lack of 'override' folder in vanilla. Might try it just by creating override folder, but above steps works fine on my install.

Yeah, step one of those mod install instructions is to verify you have an override folder and create one if you don't.

Great to see the release of v10, but it seems one change that was to be included is missing. :( After aVENGER made the 9.03 preview, I proposed this. aVENGER agreed on it and I waited for it to be included in the preview, but nothing happened (at least not publicly). Now I wasn't able to check the forums in the last couple of days to maybe post a reminder when 9.07 happened, and now it seems it was forgotten. :(

Meh, there's no need to remove it. I've added the same checks so it won't be presented if the BGT version is already installed.

That's okay I guess, but wouldn't it be more reasonable to complete the full migration of this component? After all, the reason I first proposed this has not changed:

... this particular tweak simply belongs to the BGT Tweaks by simple logic: It's a component which is selectable only and exclusively for a BGT install, and it is specifically designed for BGT - yet it is found in the BG2 Tweak Pack ...

... if someday a new version of the BG2 Tweak Pack will be released, then this tweak could be removed from it in order to "clean things up".

It's about inter-mod order. Nobody would argue that any of the other components in the BGT Tweak Pack would also have to be in the BG2 Tweaks. Now that the Reputation Reset as well is where it belongs, why would we make an exception?

So please keep the component only if you definitely think it will be better that way.

Rep resets is a very order-agnostic component, and wouldn't harm anything even if it managed to get itself installed multiple times due to how it's scripted. Since there's no harm with it being in multiple mods, removing it simply makes it marginally more inconvenient for players.

Just an update on this after some testing this morning.

It appears the opcode to create inventory items (122) used in both Shapeshifter Rebalancing and the two 2H weapon components is ignoring timing mode. It should be creating these items permanently, but instead BGEE is setting expiry times on them, meaning they eventually just disappear. If you simply create the items via console they have no such issues, so it's not a matter of charges or something wrong in the item files.

I'm looking for workarounds, but this might be something that we have to wait for an official patch.

Despite the current claims of the readme Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields was not available for BGEE, but it will be for v11. Ioun stones from Exotic Items will no longer protect from critical hits if the relevant TobEx component is installed.

@CamDawg

Thx for pointing me here :D

On BG EE, I get an error that says dialog.tlk was not found. I copied it from from \lang\en_US to root folder to fix the issue. I am still in the middle of installing. I will replace the dialog.tlk in \lang\en_US when I done installing.

Edit: Also "START_XP_CAP" in STARTARE.2DA and STARTBP.2DA are capping the start XP's I guess. So when restarting a new game with a leveled character over the cap it may be a problem.

Edit: By running Near Infinity I couldnt see 2da files named "cdstores.2da", "dualclas.2da" and "splsrckn.2da"

Edit: Also "START_XP_CAP" in STARTARE.2DA and STARTBP.2DA are capping the start XP's I guess. So when restarting a new game with a leveled character over the cap it may be a problem.

Yeah, the XP cap remover gets both of those.

Edit: By running Near Infinity I couldnt see a 2da file called "cdstores.2da"

Could or couldn't? It's really just a reference file generated by the component to modify shopkeeper lore and doesn't actually do anything.

Small typo (sorry if this is already fixed or something :p)

Line 6781 in the TP2:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%spell%~ BEGIN

should probably have been:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%item%~ BEGIN

Causes the component to fail in a BGT/BWP install as seen here :)

Yeah, already spotted this for v11. It's what was causing the gem/jewelry stacking to fail.

Archived