Enhanced Edition Compatibility with L1NPCs

Avehn

So sad this isn't EE compatible, was gonna get BG2:EE now that 1.3 is out, but all I want is to customize these NPCs, if I can't do that I won't bother playing EE :-(

Please Miloch if you can and care make my BG dreams come true and update this mod, which is my favourite mod ever. If not thanks for the previous playthrough I really enjoyed so much more because of this mod.

I could help on making it EE compatible (as I've done with many other mods, of which none are released because I don't have time to test them nor contact their creators about the update(READ: I don't want to test anything because I prefer playing BGT or modding and... well... let's say I'm not too shy...), but I wouldn't want to take full support for the mod (just EE and other mods compatibility... I'm too scared of someone expecting me to search for errors and/or better ways of doing something in all that code).

Please update it :) Playing BG without this mod seems fairly pointless to me nowadays, the stock NPCs are so bad (class/kit/ability/proficiency and so on) that playing with regulars feels like gimping yourself, and playing in a custom party is not that fun without the good ol' interaction and voiceovers.

I'm actually waiting for this mod to be updated before I buy BGEE & BG2EE. Making all my favorite mods work is super important, BG is not BG to me without them (I already suffer when I think I'll play two separate games rather than one epic adventure in BGT).

READ: I don't want to test anything because I prefer playing BGT or modding and... well...

If you make the effort to make a beta, I can assure you that there will be plenty of people trying it and helping out.

I have seen how good your skills are, and we need that.

It only needs to work on one platform first... I managed to make the mod able to edit the Classic Adventures total conversion NPCs by closing all the non related NPC components, and then adding the NPCs I needed to edit, and the mod worked perfectly when there was no item editing stuff to worry about. After you have done your beta, it can then be re-expanded to work with all the other stuff, by our resident well-mannered barbarian drow orc, whose absence or lurking is just so obvious due to his other stuff in his life, large backlog etc.

Now of course your project is likely to be much larger than mine, so see if you can make a beta, make a new topic and invite people to test it there. It doesn't need to be perfect at first. (unlike the official releases in G3)

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Please update it :) Playing BG without this mod seems fairly pointless to me nowadays, the stock NPCs are so bad (class/kit/ability/proficiency and so on) that playing with regulars feels like gimping yourself, and playing in a custom party is not that fun without the good ol' interaction and voiceovers.

I'm actually waiting for this mod to be updated before I buy BGEE & BG2EE. Making all my favorite mods work is super important, BG is not BG to me without them (I already suffer when I think I'll play two separate games rather than one epic adventure in BGT).

Yeah, I also feel that (hence why I am still playing BGT until EET is finished).

READ: I don't want to test anything because I prefer playing BGT or modding and... well...

If you make the effort to make a beta, I can assure you that there will be plenty of people trying it and helping out.

I have seen how good your skills are, and we need that.

It only needs to work on one platform first... I managed to make the mod able to edit the Classic Adventures total conversion NPCs by closing all the non related NPC components, and then adding the NPCs I needed to edit, and the mod worked perfectly when there was no item editing stuff to worry about. After you have done your beta, it can then be re-expanded to work with all the other stuff, by our resident well-mannered barbarian drow orc, whose absence or lurking is just so obvious due to his other stuff in his life, large backlog etc.

Now of course your project is likely to be much larger than mine, so see if you can make a beta, make a new topic and invite people to test it there. It doesn't need to be perfect at first. (unlike the official releases in G3)

OK, cool. Hope I don't break too much like I did when trying to update the Multikit mod (yeah, I'm doing that too, I can't play without it). I'll be back in some time with (hopefully) something that installs. I'm not sure what I am going to do if I wanted to let the player change Hexxat, Wilson and {that Drow whose name now escapes me} Baeloth (I REMEMBERED!) but I think somebody could give good advice about that later (I actually would love to make Hexxat a F/T... dat STR potential... and that spoiler potential, too...).

Edited by CrevsDaak

I'm not sure what I am going to do if I wanted to let the player change Hexxat, Wilson and {that Drow whose name now escapes me} Baeloth (I REMEMBERED!) but I think somebody could give good advice about that later (I actually would love to make Hexxat a F/T... dat STR potential... and that spoiler potential, too...).

Actually, it is this kind of stuff that made me shelf an update for now, because we need to add NPC components (for new EE NPCs and also those that have been requested/approved in the pinned threads) and I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands. I fixed a lot of the nastier outstanding bugs in the mod; indeed, most if not all of them that were reported here, including some of the more tricky theoretical things involving basic EE engine compatibility. So adding NPCs is relatively straightforward if rather tedious monkey-work. Basically it's a matter of cloning and changing existing NPC mod components (starting around line 50,000 in the tp2 or wherever, after the other components) for each NPC. But multi-platform testing is also an absolute must for this mod. Or at least basic testing that it works at all... there are too many things that can go wrong otherwise. If you feel up to the task (if not, no worries, most don't) and want to draft some code for new NPCs, maybe I can try to squeeze in some time to take a look at it and hopefully push an update of this.

Miloch, perhaps you could release a form of BWS compatible beta without the new NPCs earlier? I mean, from your post it seems like that beta would be pretty much ready without much work already, and for those people who don't use new NPCs (ie. me), that would be grand!

I'm not sure what I am going to do if I wanted to let the player change Hexxat, Wilson and {that Drow whose name now escapes me} Baeloth (I REMEMBERED!) but I think somebody could give good advice about that later (I actually would love to make Hexxat a F/T... dat STR potential... and that spoiler potential, too...).

Actually, it is this kind of stuff that made me shelf an update for now, because we need to add NPC components (for new EE NPCs and also those that have been requested/approved in the pinned threads) and I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands. I fixed a lot of the nastier outstanding bugs in the mod; indeed, most if not all of them that were reported here, including some of the more tricky theoretical things involving basic EE engine compatibility. So adding NPCs is relatively straightforward if rather tedious monkey-work. Basically it's a matter of cloning and changing existing NPC mod components (starting around line 50,000 in the tp2 or wherever, after the other components) for each NPC. But multi-platform testing is also an absolute must for this mod. Or at least basic testing that it works at all... there are too many things that can go wrong otherwise. If you feel up to the task (if not, no worries, most don't) and want to draft some code for new NPCs, maybe I can try to squeeze in some time to take a look at it and hopefully push an update of this.

I'll do the update for the EE NPCs (and the mod ones that are listed, too... only if I don't die from a heart attack before...). I also found some bugs and missing NPC weapons to be corrected (because a lot were missing o.0 from vanilla), but if you already have an updated code then I'll leave everything as it is and only update the NPC components (and add missing weapons-to-correct).

Miloch, perhaps you could release a form of BWS compatible beta without the new NPCs earlier?

The existing mod is compatible with BWS/BWP (and has been for some time).

I also found some bugs and missing NPC weapons to be corrected (because a lot were missing o.0 from vanilla), but if you already have an updated code then I'll leave everything as it is and only update the NPC components (and add missing weapons-to-correct).

Items that NPCs start out with are accounted for automatically by some laborious subroutine. So it's only NPC-specific quest items that they receive later that we need to account for specifically. And I'm sure there are more of those, but the pinned thread lists some extras too that I've added. Have you found more of these or were you talking about pre-equipped items?

Items that NPCs start out with are accounted for automatically by some laborious subroutine. So it's only NPC-specific quest items that they receive later that we need to account for specifically. And I'm sure there are more of those, but the pinned thread lists some extras too that I've added. Have you found more of these or were you talking about pre-equipped items?

I'm talking about the NPSW01-06.ITM and other of the vanilla items (for NPCs only) that weren't in the list (I know, I didn't wrote what I actually meant to say). I added the quest items for the EE characters, but I don't know of any other quest items for vanilla BG2 NPCs.
I'm talking about the NPSW01-06.ITM and other of the vanilla items (for NPCs only) that weren't in the list

AFAIK, we accounted for those that we needed to (i.e. those that the NPCs don't have when they start) and let the automated routine deal with the rest. I saw some report that Jan's gear didn't get changed, but couldn't reproduce it (the item usability changed when I changed Jan's class).

I'm talking about the NPSW01-06.ITM and other of the vanilla items (for NPCs only) that weren't in the list

AFAIK, we accounted for those that we needed to (i.e. those that the NPCs don't have when they start) and let the automated routine deal with the rest. I saw some report that Jan's gear didn't get changed, but couldn't reproduce it (the item usability changed when I changed Jan's class).

OK, that had escaped me. Then I'll list new NPCs and done.