Dragon Age

FredSRichardson

I've been really impressed with Dragon Age. It had a lot of the IWD feel and it had me thinking. Would a conversion of IWD1 to DA be possible with their tool set? Granted it would all have to be done by hand, pretty much only the voice acting would be preserved. Oh yeah, all the monsters are missing to, no bone golems. Hmm...

Given the languishing state of any form of "This BioWare-derived RPG to That BioWare-derived RPG" (even by your own hand), I'd wager that it's pretty much impossible.

Technically? Sure. Realistically? Not a chance in hell.

Though, if it gets you active again, fire it up! I bet it won't take much effort at all! :-)

Given the languishing state of any form of "This BioWare-derived RPG to That BioWare-derived RPG" (even by your own hand), I'd wager that it's pretty much impossible.

Technically? Sure. Realistically? Not a chance in hell.

Though, if it gets you active again, fire it up! I bet it won't take much effort at all! :-)

ROFL! Yes, you've got me pegged. I haven't found it in me to pick this up in quite some time...

I think it would require a remarkable amount of work. Though I have to see if it's possible to create "the hand" with the DA tool set. There is a really good mages tower in DA. Almost all the monsters are lacking (except maybe orcs and goblins).

What would be the point? DA has a different spell system.

Also, DA to BG2 engine would much better :] .

Yes, any kind of port would be voice acting only. Everything would have to be done by hand. Not much chance of DA to BG2 for that matter. DA has the advantage of a better toolset.

Guest Cooooo!
I've been really impressed with Dragon Age. It had a lot of the IWD feel and it had me thinking. Would a conversion of IWD1 to DA be possible with their tool set? Granted it would all have to be done by hand, pretty much only the voice acting would be preserved. Oh yeah, all the monsters are missing to, no bone golems. Hmm...

IWD in the DA engine would be a downgrade.

(Wow, been ages since I've been here.)

That sounds like even more work than your earlier idea of porting BG1 into ToEE (Which would have been awesome beyond belief, but more work than a single man can handle in a life time).

Besides that, I keep hearing more and more comments that DA might just be worth a try, I think I have it packed away somewhere unopened, I should give it a shot.

Anyways, at least make iwd1tutu work past chapter 1/the demo before giving up on it! :)

Archived