What's needed for SCS v31?

Updated DS is probably the most important thing. Wisp has already updated RR so maybe se what he changed there. Hopefully it could be close to a drop-in fix... though when I looked at it I got lost.

As for the othe things, I know a few, but it might really be best to simply start with kreso's "variant SCS" as the base, even though it's not the pure product. Kreso's version had lots of fixes and was rock solid on 2.3. That plus the DS fix will likely work great on 2.5.

Wisp has already updated RR so maybe se what he changed there.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's still pre-EE version there, without spellstate support. The latest one is https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions/blob/master/spell_rev/lib/ds.tph though I may be unaware if any further issues have been discovered with it.

Edited by Ardanis
That has the K4thos's stat wants for EET.

That's easy, but be advised it can't automatically update RR, aTweaks, SCS and Big Picture code to actually use spellstates instead of stats in EE. Someone's gonna bite the bullet and provide platform-sensitive dual triggers to EVAL in their scripts.

Also, all AI mods will need to be updated, otherwise if at least one of them installs stats instead of spellstates, then it'll screw whatever Kathos wants regardless.

Edited by Ardanis
Probably a next version of the DS. That has the K4thos's stat wants for EET. That's then intergrated into the SCS'es AI component.

don't worry about the stuff I'm working on, it's not SCS job to adjust to something needed by other mod. It would be nice if mods that do simple true/false checks didn't use stats.ids entries, but let's focus on things that actually need fixing (change introduced in patch 2.5 that breaks old DS implementation): https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67571/the-big-is-it-a-bug-or-supposed-to-be-like-this-thread/p6

As for the othe things, I know a few, but it might really be best to simply start with kreso's "variant SCS" as the base, even though it's not the pure product. Kreso's version had lots of fixes and was rock solid on 2.3. That plus the DS fix will likely work great on 2.5.

voting for this. If Kreso's version won't be used as base then I'd like to request internalizing my old patch (it adds EET support, nothing else changed)

Edited by K4thos

I'm looking for the minimum to get it installing correctly, out of the box, for all platforms. Updating DS to not fail, yes; rewriting DS to use spell states instead, not so much. :)

Is RR's implementation the most recent, or should I look to lift code from elsewhere?

I may be stupid or missing something very obvious, but what exactly is broken with DS? I've seen Kjeron's post over there, but I'm not observing anything like that in the builds I have.

Yeah, I'm only talking about the DS update that stops it corrupting .SPL files for the EE 2.5 versions of Spell Deflection et al.

Is there any link or thread to read about it?

Is RR's implementation the most recent, or should I look to lift code from elsewhere?

The github link is above. Edited by Ardanis

what exactly is broken with DS?

The 2.5 patch was causing some files to be corrupted... see here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/971515/#Comment_971515

I surmised that "I think what happens is, some mods (including but possibly not limited to those with Detectable Spells) that patch SPIN920 and similar spells end up corrupting the files; and the next mod thst comes along and tryes to patch them throws errors. So probably need to examine load order and/or change-log and see which mods altered those files previous to the error."

Turns out, SCS was choking on those files for several people, but they had been corrupted by an earlier mod - RR. I can't find the thread where the problem was finally diagnosed... it might have been on SHS, which is currently down. But Wisp figured out that something in DS was failing when it tried to read the information in the 'resource' field in effects in the 2.5 Spell Deflection spells. And he updated RR. I think it's in 4.93? But I only see 4.92 on the RR Github page. The 4.92 readme says "Updated detectable spells" as of May 19th... but I don't know if that was to fix this problem. I thought this issue only popped up in the last couple weeks.

Sorry. That's the best of my recollection. Wisp should be around over on PPG, maybe someone could drop a note there asking him.

@CamDawg I have package which you can use as base but I'm currently not at my place. When I'm back, I can give it to you.

Juuuuuust about an hour too late.

SCS is now on Github (DavidW gave his permission a long time ago). Starting off the v30 base, I've included DS v3.95 from RR as well as K4thos' EET compatibility fixes.

Juuuuuust about an hour too late.

Well, I bet ALIENQuake can still submit his package as an "alternative" code base, and you could diff the alterations and weight which are good vs evil. As you gave the link to the Github.

PS, where's the RC1 release ? Aka, isn't there supposed to be a setup-stratagems.exe in the thing. The .bat could infect us with a viorus for all we know. Us, not out computers. :p

And the .bat doesn't work without a weidu.exe ... which you have not included to the package. And my bet is that it doesn't work with weidu.exe v185 euther.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I'm now working through the BW fixes; one conflict is in sarevok.tpa:

//end-of-game script - not needed for BGT and EET

ACTION_IF !(GAME_IS ~bgt eet~) BEGIN
           LAF extend_area_script STR_VAR area=~%Undercity_TempleofBhaal%~ top=dw#end location=resource END
     END

K4thos' EET compatibility fix includes EET in the GAME_IS exclusions (the code above); BWP Fixpack does not.

edit: BW fixes are in.

Edited by CamDawg