Few questions.

Guest Mordokai

Guest Mordokai

So, as it happens, I found about this mod by accident, and now I'm here. I must say, it's nice to see somebody shares my idea about NPC's owning their own strongholds. As much as I love Baldur's gate: SoA, I've always found it funny that Jaheira or Cernd can't become great druids, that Edwin can't own a Planar sphere and so on. If I can just add my two cents: you really think Valgyar will allow Edwin to own Planar sphere? If I remember correctly they aren't excatly fond of each other :)

I just wanted to ask Kish, how is the progress going? I know you must be sick of this question by now, but seeing the last update dating back almost two years now isn't very promising, I hope you agree with me on that one.

Also, I'm interested how much influence will PC have on NPC decisions if they have romance? I read FAQ, but it isn't very specific on this topic. I imagine that Aerie and Jaheira will give much more weight on your opinion if they see you as a lover, not just as a commander. Well, at least Aerie, maybe Jaheira a little less. Stilll, I would like to see some nicely writen dialogues in this way, I'm big fan of romances, and if you can make them deeper(for a lack of better term :D ), I'm willing to put you up an altar, an start worshiping grounds you walk on ;) If I understand correctly, Viconia won't have her own stronghold, and I don't really give a rat ass about Anomen, he's a jerk anyway :D To me at least, no offence to any of his fans.

So, in conclusion, I'm looking forward to this mod, whenever it will be finished. But every piece of information you can give, I will appreciate. The best of luck to you.

So, as it happens, I found about this mod by accident, and now I'm here. I must say, it's nice to see somebody shares my idea about NPC's owning their own strongholds. As much as I love Baldur's gate: SoA, I've always found it funny that Jaheira or Cernd can't become great druids, that Edwin can't own a Planar sphere and so on. If I can just add my two cents: you really think Valgyar will allow Edwin to own Planar sphere? If I remember correctly they aren't excatly fond of each other :)

He probably won't be thrilled with the idea.

I just wanted to ask Kish, how is the progress going? I know you must be sick of this question by now, but seeing the last update dating back almost two years now isn't very promising, I hope you agree with me on that one.

No, it's not. I'm going to try a different writing approach. I was planning to do each of the strongholds in order, but I'm finding this leads to periods of time during which no progress gets made because I'm struggling with dialogue, so when this happens I'm going to just put a placeholder there to come back to later, and go on with the coding aspects that just require work, not imagination.

I'm moving in less than a week; I'm hoping to make some progress in October.

Also, I'm interested how much influence will PC have on NPC decisions if they have romance?

The romance will make some difference; I'm not entirely sure how much myself yet.

So, in conclusion, I'm looking forward to this mod, whenever it will be finished. But every piece of information you can give, I will appreciate. The best of luck to you.

Thanks.

Archived