Photo

IWDification Returns with a Shiny New Beta

51 replies to this topic

#46 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4659 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

The v32 fragment I uploaded will (I think) fix this too.

#47 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

The v32 fragment I uploaded will (I think) fix this too.

Yep, I confirm: the special field of opcode #328 is now correctly set to 1 BUT:

• Only Level 7+ Thieves should get it (in the CLAB table the ability is listed under the level 7 column) ----> for some reason, Borda (level 6/6/6) gets it while he shouldn't.....
  • Carbos and Shank lose their Poison Weapon ability ----> they don't have it memorized (I didn't install RR this time). This is probably unrelated with the fix you provided for opcode #328, but it's still worth mentioning......

Edited by Luke, 25 September 2018 - 12:50 PM.

#48 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4659 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

Only Level 7+ Thieves should get it (in the CLAB table the ability is listed under the level 7 column) ----> for some reason, Borda (level 6/6/6) gets it while he shouldn't.....

Unless I am missing something (which, for this kind of code-insert, is always possible) that's nothing to do with SCS - I'm not adding or subtracting things in the CLAB files, unless they're granted spells (and this is an AP_xxxx, I think).

One possibility (I don't have BGEE handy right now) is that Borda is a spellcaster whose level is being adjusted down from 7. In which case, there's nothing I can really do about it: I can't auto-adjust third-party CLAB settings without systematically parsing the CLAB file, which is what people (including, on reflection, me) would prefer I didn't do.

#49 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:13 PM

Only Level 7+ Thieves should get it (in the CLAB table the ability is listed under the level 7 column) ----> for some reason, Borda (level 6/6/6) gets it while he shouldn't.....

Unless I am missing something (which, for this kind of code-insert, is always possible) that's nothing to do with SCS - I'm not adding or subtracting things in the CLAB files, unless they're granted spells (and this is an AP_xxxx, I think).

One possibility (I don't have BGEE handy right now) is that Borda is a spellcaster whose level is being adjusted down from 7. In which case, there's nothing I can really do about it: I can't auto-adjust third-party CLAB settings without systematically parsing the CLAB file, which is what people (including, on reflection, me) would prefer I didn't do.

Yes, I'm talking about an AP_xxxx, so it's probably caused by that level adjustment......

#50 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2852 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

This is related to neither SCS nor IWDification so I suggest the discussion be moved to the appropriate forum, and this thread be left for actual discussion of the shiny new IWDification beta.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#51 VagPen

VagPen
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for the great work! Almost all the new spells work as intended with the exception of Mordy's force missiles, wich fails to produce the right number of missiles/missiles wander around instead of landing on enemies. Also, the monster summons, even the high level ones are a bit on the weak side.

#52 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2852 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

I made a pull request adding compatibility with Spell Revision's "NWN-style Spell Deflection" component.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users