Unofficial bugfix

Salk

Okay, thanks Taimon.

Having both in the .tp2 won't cause any harm, right?

By the way, if you or anybody else is interested in having an updated .tp2 (with DavidW's permission, of course), just drop me a line: so far I collected 16 instances where the .tp2 required modifications.

ATTENTION: To complete the fixes, download also the zipped SCSaddons file here and replace the two existing files with those new versions.

EDIT: ADDED BY DAVID

The release-new-SCS date keeps slipping away, partly because of demands from SCS2 and partly because of RL. Until then, though, various worthies have been collecting their own unofficial fixes, which you can get from this thread. Many thanks to them, especially Salk. Download the attached file (scroll down a bit), drop it into your BGTUTU or BGT folder (it'll overwrite an existing setup-scs.tp2 file), and reinstall.

I'm not in a position to vouch for the accuracy of any of these fixes, but from what I've seen, they look sensible. This will be obsolete when I actually get around to releasing v9; until then, though, thanks guys.

Okay, thanks Taimon.

By the way, if you or anybody else is interested in having an updated .tp2 (with DavidW's permission, of course), just drop me a line: so far I collected 16 instances where the .tp2 required modifications.

Sure. Feel free to post it, in fact.

Correct.

Will do, when I finally will be able to start a new game someday. Maybe you can compare your fixed tp2 with the one from the BiG World Fixpack v5.2, to see if they or you missed something.

Sorry, this comes a bit late, but I think erebusant's fix explicitly checks for BGT, and may leave Tutu players with an unpatched sarevo.cre. (I didn't mention it before, because I knew Salk is/was playing BGT.)

It's possible to modify erebusant's code to work on both platforms, but I think fixing the READ_LONG will be cleaner.

/Edit:

Updated to reflect future BGT 1.06 changes for the baresh fix and included the hobgoblin shout fix. As always, untested. :)

Another update to reflect WeiDU v208 changes to IF_EVAL handling.

setup_scs.zip

It's possible to modify erebusant's code to work on both platforms, but I think fixing the READ_LONG will be cleaner.
So does that mean that the one attached to Salks post is for BGT and the one in your is for BGTutu :):D

Taimon, is it OK that you removed only % in the Final Battle part, not ~ and %?

Another question to you or to Salk. Why the following code was removed:

//Step 2.5: modify the wtasight and wtarsgt blocks so that monsters have an active stop-calling-for-help

//step. This is only needed if smarter AI isn't also installed.

is it OK that you removed only % in the Final Battle part, not ~ and %?

Yes, although removing the tildes (~) wouldn't hurt. (WeiDU doesn't care.)

Why the following code was removed:
//Step 2.5: modify the wtasight and wtarsgt blocks so that monsters have an active stop-calling-for-help

//step. This is only needed if smarter AI isn't also installed.

BGT incompatability

Archived