SCS inherent difficulty

Guest kthxbye

Guest kthxbye

Hi @ all.

I'm playing a heavy modded game right now, with both SCS and SCSII installed (trilogy run, since SCS and SCSII are fully compatible I installed the first to enhance the BG1 portion of the game and the other one to enhance the SoA/ToB portion). I found the new IA to be much more realistic than the vanilla one, and I really like it.

However, while generic monsters are much smarter but fine, I have some problems with unique encounters. I don't know if it's a SCS expected behaviour or if SCS and SCSII clash in some ways even if the readme says they are fully compatible.

The problems (and some examples) are as follow:

- in Beregost, Silke prebuffs with stoneskin and has a lot of mirror images and magic missiles (5 missiles each) spells ready. She wiped out my entire party in seconds, without I having any possibility to hurt her, since Beregost is a really low level area. Anyway Silke isn't a mandatory fight, so with metagaming it could be avoided and left to be dealt with in future.

- in Nashkell, Neira wiped out half of my party with a single unholy smite spell. Again, Nashkell should be a low level area, but Neira isn't mandatory so thanks to metagaming one could avoid the inn for quite some time.

- right after Mulahey, the amazons' party and the other party of assassins are extremely powerful. The amazons hit my Minsc npc with every blow without effort, again unholy smite (this time used by both the priestesses) wiped out almost my full party (level 5-6), and they also save very easily against all the spells I could throw at them (considering that unholy smites are the first thing they do, the only thing the player can do is just drink healing potions but the casters cannot survive that assault because of their low hp). The other group of assassins did the same thing, plus each and every hit they landed was for at least 20 damage. This fight is unavoidable, and considering that one could, with some effort, clear the Nashkell mines at level 3 or 4, is a game stopping encounter without metagaming (avoiding the mines 'till very high levels to delay the assassins' party).

'till now I did only these unique encounters, and the last one did stop my game since I am level 5-6, can't possibly get better equip (I bought all that I could think of), all my mages got killed within the first round of combat 'cause of the unholy smites and can't move 'cause at the first area transition I find the assassins behind my back.

Anyway, all the examples I wrote forced me to metagame, thing I didn't want to do and thing I think wasn't supposed to become part of the game with SCS (but, maybe I'm wrong).

Is all of this an expected behaviour of SCS? If so, for what medium level party was SCS designed for, and how does a party gather so much exp before the Nashkell mines? If not, could it possibly be a SCS-SCSII clash (like SCS mages using SCSII scripts)?

I'd like to clarify I'm not here to whine, but just to give my personal feedback on the mod since I really like the general AI improvements, and I was quite sad when I found I had to metagame in order not to get killed. I hope that my considerations will be useful (if all of it is an expected behaviour, of course) for future releases or, if it's the cause, to enhance SCS-SCSII compatibility.

Thanks for your patience. :)

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Here's the short answer first: yes, SCS is designed to be playable without metagaming. But it's also a fairly difficult mod.

Now for the long answer.

I think all the encounters you're describing are due to SCS (that is, I don't think SCS2 is having any effect here).

There's basically two things going on here: one for the assassins, and one for the other encounters.

For the non-assassin encounters, I haven't really "scaled" it at all: I've taken the existing creatures, and given them BG2 spells and a more sensible AI. So Neira is a 5th level cleric, and I give her the spells appropriate to a 5th level cleric in BG2, which includes Unholy Blight. Silke is a 10th level bard; at that level she gets 3 first level, 3 second level, 2 third level, and one fourth level spell.

Should you be able to cope with that without metagaming? This seems to vary a lot from player to player, but lots of people seem to have managed. It probably depends on your play style and your party mix. Also, low levels in BG1 are very lethal because your characters have very little staying power. One thing that helps is to adopt a relaxed attitude to NPC death - it's quite hard to cope if you reload whenever anyone dies, which I know some people do. And of course, if you want intelligent foes but find the challenge a bit too annoying, try lowering the difficulty slider, at least temporarily - that doesn't change the intelligence, just the damage levels. If Unholy Blight in particular is frustrating you, you could always install the BG1 version of "smarter priests", which doesn't use that spell.

As for the assassins, this is a "tactical challenge" rather than just an AI upgrade, so it's supposed to be difficult. (Although I haven't upgraded the assassins, just moved them somewhere else.) They are (I think) takeable at around level 4, but it's hard, and again is likely to lead to casualties. Uninstalling that component is the simplest solution if you find it too hard. (Note that if you do this after you've been to gullykin and/or the wilderness area around the Nashkel Mine back door, the assassins won't appear at all, even in their original location).

Other people are probably in a better position than I am to give advice, since it's always difficult to advise on the difficulty of your own mod.

EDIT: if it really is the case that each assassin does 20+ points of damage, though, that does seem odd (and not just SCS-driven). Even with strength potions, they shouldn't be that good. What difficulty level are you playing on? SCS is certainly not designed to be played on Insane difficulty without metagaming!)

Guest kthxbye

First, thanks a lot for the quick and detailed answer. :)

For the non-assassin encounters, I haven't really "scaled" it at all: I've taken the existing creatures, and given them BG2 spells and a more sensible AI. So Neira is a 5th level cleric, and I give her the spells appropriate to a 5th level cleric in BG2, which includes Unholy Blight. Silke is a 10th level bard; at that level she gets 3 first level, 3 second level, 2 third level, and one fourth level spell.

Should you be able to cope with that without metagaming? This seems to vary a lot from player to player, but lots of people seem to have managed. It probably depends on your play style and your party mix. Also, low levels in BG1 are very lethal because your characters have very little staying power. One thing that helps is to adopt a relaxed attitude to NPC death - it's quite hard to cope if you reload whenever anyone dies, which I know some people do. And of course, if you want intelligent foes but find the challenge a bit too annoying, try lowering the difficulty slider, at least temporarily - that doesn't change the intelligence, just the damage levels. If Unholy Blight in particular is frustrating you, you could always install the BG1 version of "smarter priests", which doesn't use that spell.

As for the "relaxed" aptitude I have no problems on that, as I don't care to revive some party members if needed - it also adds to the "realistic" side of the thing, so I "like" (don't take it too literally) that sometimes it is needed indeed. :)

Those two encounters (and some other) are examples of avoidable encounters, and one can also manage to run away if needed, so that was just to point out (and ask, obviously) that (if) they were much more powerful than in BG1, where one should be able to handle them at level 2-3.

As for the assassins, this is a "tactical challenge" rather than just an AI upgrade, so it's supposed to be difficult. (Although I haven't upgraded the assassins, just moved them somewhere else.) They are (I think) takeable at around level 4, but it's hard, and again is likely to lead to casualties. Uninstalling that component is the simplest solution if you find it too hard. (Note that if you do this after you've been to gullykin and/or the wilderness area around the Nashkel Mine back door, the assassins won't appear at all, even in their original location).

Again, casualties aren't a problem. The problem is, half of the casualties were in the first round of combat: I had my main (C\N blade 6, 42hp), Minsc (lvl 5, 60hp), Dynaheir (lvl 5, 30hp), Imoen (thief5/mage4, 25hp, made half-elven multiclass using Shadow Keeper), Keiria (DSotSC npc, bard lvl 6, 48hp), so a fairly high level party for that point of the game. Anyway, both Dynaheir and Imoen got killed in the first round of combat, Keiria is usually took down on round 2 or 3, since she's wounded from the first AoE spells and the archer does 10 damage (more or less) each hit, hitting more than once without problem each round. I have no time to put up any strategy this way (tried to interrupt the priests casting with wands of missiles too, no good).

I know that a lot of BG2 spells are deadly 'cause of the lack of hp in the BG1 portion of the game, but that encounter seemed a bit too powerful compared to the vanilla one. Obviously I could be wrong, and nothing would make me more glad than to know that I was just plain unlucky with my party formation or anything else.

EDIT: if it really is the case that each assassin does 20+ points of damage, though, that does seem odd (and not just SCS-driven). Even with strength potions, they shouldn't be that good. What difficulty level are you playing on? SCS is certainly not designed to be played on Insane difficulty without metagaming!)

I'm playing on core rules, and that's the main reason I decided to post here. If only for the spell changes, I could think I wasn't able to prevent their casting, or that I used faulty strategies - but taking more or less 20 damage each hit isn't related to strategies or other things. I also made sure they weren't critical hits, as Minsc got hit from one of the priests for 27 damage (the priest did use a potion of strenght), and the ranger was wearing an helmet.

I honestly don't know why they did so much damage..

I hope not to having bothered too much, and thank you for your answer once again.

I'm glad that, apart from the assassins' melee damage, this is the expected behaviour: I will try again with other strategies and party members. It is possible that the assassins are too much trouble only because of my party formation, since my casters are low-hp good characters (and so are taken down much more easily than others).

I will obviously keep both SCS and SCSII since I enjoy the smarter AI, and will give other feedbacks if you think it could be useful.

Guest kthxbye

Given it some other tries, but I haven't found any way, with my good party, to avoid the first two rounds slaughter because of unholy smite besides higher hps (so higher levels).

Suggestions are welcome. :)

DavidW, I've given a look at the assassins that made 20+ damage on melee with ShadowKeeper and they look normal. The one who made 27 damage without a critical hit has 13str and a +1 weapon, nothing more. The only difference is that the assassins I faced used potions of strenght, so that could be the reason. As soon as I come across a potion of strenght I'll try it out to see if it works like expected or if it is the "bugged" thing.

Hope it helps. :)

DavidW, I've given a look at the assassins that made 20+ damage on melee with ShadowKeeper and they look normal. The one who made 27 damage without a critical hit has 13str and a +1 weapon, nothing more. The only difference is that the assassins I faced used potions of strenght, so that could be the reason. As soon as I come across a potion of strenght I'll try it out to see if it works like expected or if it is the "bugged" thing.

Hope it helps. :)

Did it backstab you? As in, from invisible attack as the thieves in the games can backstab you from the front because the AI can't handle directions correctly. The backsbbing gives them at least 3x damage, that with the +1 weapon, strength potion and everything else makes huge difference on the damage out put.

kthxbye:

(i) Stop apologising :) I really don't mind feedback, even if it's critical.

(ii) if you have a chance, perhaps you could post your WEIDU.log. I'm interested in this 20+ hp damage thing - I don't think that can be SCS (not least because I haven't heard it reported before) and would like to track down the cause.

(iii) One suggestion possibly got lost in my long previous post: clerics will be much less dangerous if they use the BG1 rather than the BG2 spell set. If you're finding the Unholy Blights really annoying but you still want intelligent clerics, you could change to that component.

Guest kthxbye

Here's my WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v7

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v7

~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 1.11

~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores: 2.2

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer

~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.07

~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu: v215

~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #100 // Dark Side Interparty Banter: v215

~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu: v1.70a

~SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix NTotSC Issues: v1.71

~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu): v2.40

~SETUP-BONEHILLV245.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod Upgrade (Requires Bonehill Core Package): v2.45

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v16

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience?: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1218 // Ajantis Ilvastarr: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1219 // Alora: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1202 // Anomen Delryn: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Branwen: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1203 // Cernd: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1221 // Coran: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1222 // Dynaheir: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1204 // Edwin Odessiron: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1223 // Eldoth Kron: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1224 // Faldorn: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1225 // Garrick: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1205 // Haer'Dalis: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1208 // Jan Jansen: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1226 // Kagain: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1209 // Keldorn Firecam: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1227 // Khalid: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1228 // Kivan: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1210 // Korgan Bloodaxe: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1211 // Mazzy Fenton: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1229 // Montaron: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1213 // Nalia De'Arnise: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Quayle: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1231 // Safana: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1217 // Sarevok: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1232 // Shar-Teel Dosan: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1233 // Skie Silvershield: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1234 // Tiax: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1214 // Valygar Corthala: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1215 // Viconia De'Vir: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1235 // Xan: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1236 // Xzar: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1237 // Yeslick Orothiar: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1216 // Yoshimo: v1.2

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: 7

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance: 7

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v18

~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 4.1

~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)

~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian

~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable Spells: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow enemy AI to detect the party's magic items: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Correct various errors on race, class etc: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1001 // Make Protection from Normal Missiles block magical missiles -> Only +1 and better missiles penetrate Protection from Normal Missiles, and +1 missiles are replaced by nonmagical Masterwork versions: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More consistent Breach spell (doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Make elemental arrows more like their BG2 counterparts: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2011 // Replace many magic weapons with fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Standardise spells: BG1 vs BG2 -> Introduce BG2 spell scrolls into BG1: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Faster Bears: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Better NPC management: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Smarter general AI: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Better calls for help: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5031 // Smarter mages -> Mages use spells from BG1 and BG2; mages do not pre-buff: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5041 // Smarter priests -> Priests use spells from BG1 and BG2; priests do not pre-buff: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Smarter deployment: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5070 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #5090 // Smarter basilisks: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Improved doppelgangers: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6050 // Improved Ulcaster: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Improved Bassilus: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6110 // Improved Drasus party: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6120 // Improved Red Wizards: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Undercity party: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6140 // Improved minor encounters: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6150 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6160 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6170 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6190 // Tougher chapter-six end battle: v10

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved final battle: v10

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.03

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.03

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Only remove nonmagical ammo from random containers: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Give fiends more staying power by increasing their hit points (this component has no effect unless Improved Fiends is installed): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6050 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6060 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6070 // Give Celestials slightly more staying power: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6080 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons cast spells like normal wizards: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6111 // Smarter beholders -> Don't given beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6121 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids can see through invisibility: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6130 // Improved Vampires: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6135 // Smarter githyanki: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6140 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6151 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6161 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6170 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6180 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priests get HLAs: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6210 // Smarter Illasera: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6220 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6230 // Smarter Abazigal: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6240 // Smarter Gromnir: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6250 // Smarter Melissan: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6260 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6270 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7020 // More resilient trolls: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Improved Random Encounters: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Slightly improved Faldorn: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Sahuagin: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7111 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7120 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7160 // Improved Minor Encounters: v8

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v1.10

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v1.10

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability: v1.10

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1130 // Reputation Resets in BG2 (BGT Only)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.1 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...: v7.1

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v7.1

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #400 // Add Semaj's Cloak and Upgraded Koveras' Ring of Protection: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1800 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Alora: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1801 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Branwen: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1802 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Eldoth: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1803 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Kagain: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1804 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Kivan: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1805 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Sharteel: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1806 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Skie: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1807 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Xan: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1808 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Yeslick: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1809 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Bub Snikt: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1810 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Conchobhair Strongblade: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1811 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Ferthgil Trollslayer: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1812 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Jet'laya: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1813 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Keiria Silverstring: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1814 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Skeezer Lumpkin VI: 8

~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1815 // Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn: Will Scarlet O'Hara: 8

I've installed quite a ton of mods, but avoided components that could clash with one another (when it was documented, of course) and did a quick search on what everyone of them changed.

The great majority of these mods are questpacks or huge questlines, like Unfinished Business, D/NSotSC, SoBH. Anyway I checked for changes introduced from these mod as well, and didn't anything any change but only custom contents which shouldn't clash with the existing one.

I didn't install the core BigPicture AI 'cause I wanted to use SCS-SCSII and have read that having them only should make things go smoother. I don't remember if I installed the questpack AI, but if so I did it before SCS since I've read in the install guide that this way SCS gets the priority.

In the end I didn't find any documentation about changes in the post-mines assassins encounters so I don't know the reason of the 20+ damage. Moreover, enemies use their potions without problems and do a lot of damage (compared to BG1 standard) but never went over 16-18 damage per hit without critical hits, and always was the maximum (so very seldom damage values).

Mmhh uninstalling and reinstalling the mage/cleric components of SCSI in order to make them use BG1 spells will break my install and/or my game? Right now I'm trying again with the very same config, but it could be a solution too. :)

Guest kthxbye

One thing I noticed only now that I posted the log: I made it so that BG1 mages don't prebuff (presumibily because there wasn't an option like the SCSII prebuff only if created in sight), but mages do prebuff with a few uninterruptable, casting time zero spells. It is, anyway, realistic and don't make battles too difficult - it was a thing I didn't expected but that I liked. In case it is the expected behaviour I thought it was useful to point that out anyway.

I will register ASAP so that I will be able to edit posts instead of double-posting. :)

Be warned: DSOTSC modifies lots of in-game creatures, giving them better saves, better equipment, better THAC0, better hit points, and better levels (and SCS detects the changed level and uses it to assign spells and potions). For instance, Morvin and Molkar both become 9th level.

Even with the "no prebuff" option installed, SCS spellcasters put up long-term buffs (basically Stoneskin and Minute Meteors).

You should be able to change most SCS options (including the choice between BG1 and BG2 spells) mid-game without breaking things. The only minor problem is that clerics on maps you've already visited will have BG2 spells but not be scripted to use them, which may slightly decrease their effectiveness.

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1218 // Ajantis Ilvastarr: v1.2

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)

Why are these here before the Multi-Class Grandmastery, don't you want to be using them(before you start)? Like putting 4 stars to Axes on your dwarf fighter-thief called Korgan or the like... as I would install them even after the Worldmap mod... and yes, you need to install the component #0 at that same time, if I am not wrong...

And I can see a potential water hazzard coming from the BPs Ascension component, as you haven't used the BWPs Resource Fixer... if you bump into deep problems, I would suggest to reinstall the whole thing with the help of these(the .pdf file) links. And yes, the BWP is fully customisable, you just have to do a little number editing if you don't want the mods to install every component(that means that you can leave most of the mods out, and the auto-installation works perfectly fine without them). That is, if you ever get to ToB. :)

@DavidW

So it's (or could be) an unreported DSotSC feature? How I'd like every mod had a detailed readme like SCS and other G3 ones.. :)

Anyway, I'll try again with the BG2 spells config and, if it's too much, I'll revert back to BG1 spells. I think that playing with the BG2 spells could be a really fun challenge, provided that the main character starts at level 3 at least in order to have enough hp (along with the party members too) to survive the first strike. That way one should also be able to completely avoid metagaming, with some tactic (for example against Silke the very first time in Beregost) other than charging blindly.

Maybe I'll try that out now, a no-reload no-metagaming megamod play.. Sounds both crazy and interesting. :)

Good enough that most of the difficulties I found, besides Unholy Blight, where from undocumented DSotSC changes since I really like how SCS works.

Thanks for your time! :)

@Jarno

To tell the truth I completely forgot why I installed the mods in that particular order, but I've read all their readme files when I chose the mods and wrote down the best order from the documents. If memory serves, I read that the Level1NPC mod should be installed after mod X but before mod Y, and tweaks should instead go last. Anyway, even at charcter creation in vanilla BG you can't assign more than two dots in a single weapon proficency with a pure class fighter, so I wouldn't give more than two dots to any npc using the level1npc mod anyway. I can assign third, fourth and fifth dot with level ups, so it works well even if installed after.

The BGTTweaks were installed after the worldmap since I decided to use them too late.. :-!

I don't know what you mean about component #0.

EDIT: just read your edit, I'll check the links right now, thanks!

Should you be able to cope with that without metagaming? This seems to vary a lot from player to player, but lots of people seem to have managed.

This answer could only be fairly given by players that never played Baldur's Gate (1&2) before and I doubt there are any. All the experienced ones know what's going to happen, which I guess is the first layer of metagaming.

Should you be able to cope with that without metagaming? This seems to vary a lot from player to player, but lots of people seem to have managed.

This answer could only be fairly given by players that never played Baldur's Gate (1&2) before and I doubt there are any. All the experienced ones know what's going to happen, which I guess is the first layer of metagaming.

Yup, a bit of metagaming is unavoidable I think.

What I meant with "no metagaming" is that even if you, as a player, know what's happening don't avoid it if your character don't know it roleplaying-wise. Hard as hell if you ask me. :)

@kthxbye

DSotSC changes many normal encounters, especially the assassins. Both groups get very good equiqment and in the case of Lamalha's amazon assassin party two additional NPCs.

Just for comparison:

One of Molkar's hit squad originally has the following equiqment: war axe, chain mail, medium shield, helmet

With DSotSC he gets: a +2 two-handed axe, an AC 2 plate mail with elemental resistance, a +2 or +3 shield, a magical helmet with elemental resistance.

Not all of them get such a huge boost, but most of them get at least +1 equiqment with extra abilities like extra attack or chance to inflict damage.

Lich

Archived