#16 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9222 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

Understudy of biffs. ;)

Yep, we're done here. :)

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#17 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6893 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

Seems there is a problem with weidu , FILE_EXISTS, files of size >1 GB, and Windows systems that prevents the check from working. See here.

#18 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6195 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

Seems there is a problem with weidu , FILE_EXISTS, files of size >1 GB, and Windows systems that prevents the check from working. See here.

Or how about you just get on with the picture and check a smaller file, not the sod-dlc.disabled that's technically not even part of the game after, as you can delete it, like say for example the SoDSTO.bif file. ... it's in the game files if the DLC has been unpacked.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#19 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

The point of this check is to detect a non-modmerge'd game. The sole indicator for a non-merged SoD game is the presence of sod-dlc.zip in one of the supported DLC folders.

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Modders
  • 1571 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

The point of this check is to detect a non-modmerge'd game. The sole indicator for a non-merged SoD game is the presence of sod-dlc.zip in one of the supported DLC folders.

Are you sure?

I have a gog game and after modmerge I have all the SoDxxx.bif (e.g. SoDAreas.bif) in a sod-dlc folder. Unless Weidu would also find those files in the zip file, a check should work, or not?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#21 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

A modmerge'd game can easily be detected by GAME_INCLUDES ~sod~ already. However, WeiDU can't distinguish a pure BG1:EE game from a BG1:EE+SoD game if SoD is included as DLC, so it would patch the wrong files (since DLC content is inaccessible). That's the whole point of this modmerge detection (imo).

#22 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3710 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

omg, that's unfortunate.

#23 StefanO

StefanO
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

The 1 GB limit makes no sense at all. 20 years ago there was a 2 GB limit on file sizes, but you don't have to open a file to see if it exists. Maybe the weidu people can help.

Edited by StefanO, 20 August 2017 - 10:16 PM.

#24 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

WeiDU is coded in OCaml which comes with all kinds of weird restrictions. Wisp is already aware of this issue, so it might be fixed in a future release.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users