Sorry, and asking for permission

jkeion

Hey,
I recently uploaded a mod on the Beamdog forums that worked as a standalone mod as well as an addon for Divine Remix consisting of a few priest kits I was working on. To ensure consistency I was looking at both the Divine Remix .tra file and your .tp2 file and I think I copied some parts of it by mistake (I noticed it when I decided rebuild my own tp2 file for an update). I removed the mod from the site and edited the post already.
I know it's a bit late but Is it okay if I integrate some parts of your code into the mod I was making? I will put full references. If not, I shall not post my mod online.
(I am FailGeek on the Beamdog forums).

I also PMed CamDawg on the Beamdog forums.
Apologies

As jastey says, most modders don't mind if you want to borrow macros or coding techniques they've used. They're more likely to take issue if a mod idea is stolen and rebranded. It's not a bad idea to ask the original mod author about borrowing some code, because they might tell you they wrote that code ages ago and there's a better way of doing things now.

It sounds like you'd be fine if you just added a comment to the code mentioning where it was borrowed from.

Archived