PotC: At World's End **Spoilers!**

Evaine Dian

*Spoilers ahead!*

I don't know what to think about it. Curse of the Black Pearl was great, Dead Man's Chest seemed unfinished and a bit weird, but the plot of At World's End beats both, it is just plain crazy.

The first scenes in Singapore were nice and funny and I started to hope that it would turn out almost or even as good as the first one, but instead it went all downhill from there. I found most of Jack's scenes ridiculous and/or lame, especially when he was talking to those... images in his head (and on his shoulders).

There were many plot holes (I think) and many things remained unanswered (what's up with the whole Calypso subplot?)

I liked the minor characters and funny little details, though. I think they pretty much "saved" the film from being a total disaster; whenever it got too silly/strange/lame, some of the unimportant crew members did or said something I found funny and improved the whole thing immensely. Especially Barbossa (whom I had greatly disliked in Curse of the Black Pearl) unexpectedly turned out to be the coolest of them all, he really kicked ass. The main characters disappointed me - Will is lame as usual, Elizabeth a slut, and sadly, Jack is completely crazy, but not really funny anymore.

I don't like the ending, but at least it was not (entirely) that typical happy ending I had expected.

All in all, it's ok and quite entertaining, but it could have been so much better.

So, I don't know if you saw Shreck 3, but if you were say having the in-laws visiting, and could leave them with the baby, and sneak away on a date with your husband, which movie sucks less?

Pirates suck much less. See them. Shrek - don't go. Just don't go.

I don't know what to think about it. Curse of the Black Pearl was great, Dead Man's Chest seemed unfinished and a bit weird, but the plot of At World's End beats both, it is just plain crazy.

Yeah.

The first scenes in Singapore were nice and funny and I started to hope that it would turn out almost or even as good as the first one, but instead it went all downhill from there. I found most of Jack's scenes ridiculous and/or lame, especially when he was talking to those... images in his head (and on his shoulders).

Yeah.

There were many plot holes (I think) and many things remained unanswered (what's up with the whole Calypso subplot?)

Yeah.

I don't like the ending, but at least it was not (entirely) that typical happy ending I had expected.

I don't know about that, but both the guys with whom I've been watching said exactly the same thing.

All in all, it's ok and quite entertaining, but it could have been so much better.

(sigh) Yeah...

Yes, I'd recommend 'Hot Fuzz' as well. Loved it.

It's been out a while though, so it might be a dvd catch for some.

Slight Spoiler next

("Narp....Narp....Narp...*pause*...Yarp") Heh :)

Entertaining but not enough entertainment considering how long it was.

The whole Calypso thing was lame.

It seemed to wrap up too fast at the end.

Jack Sparrow isn't funny, and hasn't been since the beginning of the first movie.

The Curse of the Black Pearl is still the best of all of them, imo.

It is running in the background now, as I am writing, and somehow, I find that I like it more this way. Sparrow-Beckett line still doesn't make sense without reading extra materials(I really dislike it when a part of a film is branded "fans only"), but characterizations look better in hindsight, and it makes more sense. I think I might actually enjoy watching the whole trilogy again some day, and on the whole, it's not a bad way to finish the series. Again, this is only my impression.

We got shown the scene with the kid before the credits in the cinema, but when I downloaded the movie, the scene wasn't there. Judging by the feedback on local message boards, some people were shown it, and some were not.

Archived