As per Weimer's Item Upgrade Mod documentation, it fixes Carsomyr +5 and +6 so that they use the same "dispel magic" opcode as the Staff of the Magi. That is, they will actually dispel things. They also increase MR by 50% rather than setting it to 50%.

I have also checked G3 fixpack documentation and it states to change the weapon being flaky earlier in its ability to dispel but still confused whether the changes are addressed in the same fashion as the "Item Upgrade".

Therefore, I request proper advice whether Bg2fixpack solves Carsomyr Dispel issue completely or Should I install "Item Upgrade" in addition to fixpack to upgrade Carsomyr?

Not answering your question per se, but my recommendation would simply be to install Item Revision. Carsomyr works like this in IR:

Carsomyr +4

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dispel Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any creature in a 30' radius (25th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +20% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispelling: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Holy: deals 3 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 4

Requires: 16 Strength

Usable By:

Paladins

Notes: The spell version of Dispel Magic has been greatly improved going from 15th caster level to 25th (it now works 50% of the times even against liches) but i think it deserves to be "more powerful" than its on hit version.

Dispel on hit now allows a save vs. spell: previoulsy I had used a % chance but this way i think it can propably work even better. It's still incredibly powerful against low-mid level opponents (which will probably fail the save 50-75% of the times), but it should be less overpowered while still very useful against high level opponents (which will fail the save about 25% of the times).

The increased damage now works vs. any evil creatures instead of chaotic evil only! ;)

Originally the sword would have set magic resistance to 50%, but that solution was quite "broken". After changing it to a +X value it now correctly stacks with any other source of magic resistance, but I've drastically reduced the value from 50% to +20%, I'm sure this weapon is still one of the best in the game.

Enchantment level is reduced by 1: this is "necessary" in order to differentiate it from the upgraded version, and it also helps reducing the sword's power.

Carsomyr +5

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dispel Magic: dispels all magical effects upon any creature in a 30' radius (30th level of the caster)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Dispelling: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)

Holy: deals 6 additional points of damage against all of evil alignment

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 5

Requires: 16 Strength

Usable By:

Paladins

Notes: the improved Carsomyr is "nerfed" to +5 (weapons with +6 enchantment bypass Absolute Immunity, which is unfair imo), granting +5% magic resistance, +3 damage vs. evil and better Dispelling abilities compared to the unimproved version.

As per Weimer's Item Upgrade Mod documentation, it fixes Carsomyr +5 and +6 so that they use the same "dispel magic" opcode as the Staff of the Magi. That is, they will actually dispel things. They also increase MR by 50% rather than setting it to 50%.

Setting MR to 50% (instead of increasing) was confirmed as intended behavior, so it's not a fix. Carsomyr's dispel-on-hit failed because it was dispelling at too low of a level, which is fixed by Fixpack; I actually have no idea what IU does to Carsomyr in terms of dispel.

Carsomyr's dispel-on-hit failed because it was dispelling at too low of a level, which is fixed by Fixpack

This. I believe you mean that weapon will at least dispel on hit successfuly with no save penalties. For a Fighter/Thief hit makes the difference rather previously caster level penalties imposed by vanilla version making this class fail dispeling effects on opponents.

Thanks CamDawg and Dakk

Archived