Amaurea's Portrait Mod

Amaurea

Hey! Nice job on Jan. Much younger looking, and his expression is a pleasant mix of worry (as in "Have I gotten far enough away from my last customer before he realizes what exactly it was that I sold him?") and possibly feigned trustworthiness.

As an NPC, Jan is great. I love his brand of humor. Yes, I should probably seek therapy.

I have been real excited with everything you have been doing. Every portrait has been great. Well ... until I saw Viccy. I hate to even bring this up because I am such a big fan of your work, but she's not pretty. I mean all the other women are knock outs. I always thought Viccy should be stunningly beautiful, especially with some of the dialogue. Anyway I hope you might take another look at her portrait and maybe reconsider. I am really looking forward to this being released.

I have been real excited with everything you have been doing. Every portrait has been great. Well ... until I saw Viccy. I hate to even bring this up because I am such a big fan of your work, but she's not pretty. I mean all the other women are knock outs. I always thought Viccy should be stunningly beautiful, especially with some of the dialogue. Anyway I hope you might take another look at her portrait and maybe reconsider. I am really looking forward to this being released.

Check again :) I had planned on and did do two versions of Viconia ... and the second one is the bombshell. The first is for people who are po'ed that Bioware turned a frumpy chick with a mild suntan into a blue-skinned stunner :)

Will do! BTW: packaging will happen this weekend, in all probability, or when you say you're done with BG2 NPCs. I've got a proofreading gig to clear first (I made the commitment a couple months ago, so I'd really better deliver, but I should be done by this weekend.

If you're taking requests, that greenish yellow tinge around Sarevok's eyes is kind of alarming. I like the yellow irises, but I don't know that he needs the yellow airbrush look on his eyebrows.

Oh, and I'm swooning over Valygar!

They are all done through Yoshimo, so whenever you're ready, Berelinde, they are!

Thanks for mentioning Sarevok, I had a version of him without the glow that I had meant to add to the page. I had completely forgotten about it. He's there now.

Well, I guess it's onto Ajantis now for the BG1 gang...

Thanks to everyone for their interest in this!

How do these descriptions grab you? To avoid forcing the player to check the readme for every single portrait, I've included a brief description for the alternates.

Aerie

Anomen 1.0 (dashing)

Anomen 1.1 (chivalrous)

Anomen 1.2 (fresh-faced)

Cernd

Edwin

Haer'Dalis

Imoen 1.0 (sweet)

Imoen 1.1 (bratty)

Jaheira 1.0 (stern)

Jaheira 1.1 (gentle)

Jan 1.0 (older)

Jan 1.1 (younger)

Keldorn

Korgan

Mazzy

Minsc

Nalia

Sarevok 1.0 (incandescent gaze)

Sarevok 1.1 (wolfish)

Valygar

Viconia 1.0 (bitchy)

Viconia 1.1 (sexy)

Yoshimo

I won't be able to package until this weekend, I'm afraid. Gotta get that proofreading done.

How do these descriptions grab you? To avoid forcing the player to check the readme for every single portrait, I've included a brief description for the alternates.

Aerie

Anomen 1.0 (dashing)

Anomen 1.1 (chivalrous)

Anomen 1.2 (fresh-faced)

Cernd

Edwin

Haer'Dalis

Imoen 1.0 (sweet)

Imoen 1.1 (bratty)

Jaheira 1.0 (stern)

Jaheira 1.1 (gentle)

Jan 1.0 (older)

Jan 1.1 (younger)

Keldorn

Korgan

Mazzy

Minsc

Nalia

Sarevok 1.0 (incandescent gaze)

Sarevok 1.1 (wolfish)

Valygar

Viconia 1.0 (bitchy)

Viconia 1.1 (sexy)

Yoshimo

I won't be able to package until this weekend, I'm afraid. Gotta get that proofreading done.

Those descriptions are PERFECT! And please, don't worry about any time frame!

These look great, and the vaguely familiar feel that some of them give me is quite intriguing. However, I do have a couple of nitpicks. :)

Viconia 1.2 looks amazing (:)), but I prefer my drow skin tones to be pure black. If you could do an edit of this, it would make me extremely happy. Of the other portraits, I can easily see myself using all of them except Edwin's (his nose seems a bit strange) and perhaps Cernd's (he seems a bit lifeless).

Again, you're doing an amazing (and surprisingly speedy) job, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the BG1 characters.

Amaurea, your Ajantis is gorgeous. Just one thing: there's a small offset between the portrait layer and the background layer. You can see the back ground over the top of his head as a thin pink line, probably no more than a pixel or two wide.

Archived