Fun little snippets that can only be gathered if you do silly things in-game - the Easter egg is as old as computer gaming itself. One more recent addition to Easter eggs in games are conditional talks that can be triggered if you do something that is really a sideline in the game. In BG2, you can drink, and get intoxicated. The only thing this does is reduce your combat stats for a time, as a single drink or two is more than enough to get rumors at bars, is really not necessary, and as far as I know has no relation to anything at all in the gameplay. Several modders have played with this intoxication, though, using it for entertainment, and Aran seems to be a bar-hopping type of guy. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not, preferring a quiet, reasonably aged scotch in the company of friends and/or family over wild shenannigans. (Yep. I actually used 'shennanigans' in a sentence. +10 points for SAT prep tests).

So, aside from the scripting of the trigger (CheckStat:intoxication), here is a first pass at a series of three 'drunk talks', and a call for ideas to add/take away. The goal is for short, humorous, interesting exchanges that would happen when Three Sheets To The Wind™, Blotto™, or just short of Praying to the Great Porcelain God®. We have plenty of other spots for deep introspection, fun flirts, or other silliness. Here, the player will need to get Aran drunk in order to trigger this set, so we can assume that the player is purposefully searching for a fun relief from the 400th playthrough of required quest cycle, and wants a bit of humor to spice up the game.

/* This is fun - Let's paint the town red! */
IF ~Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN c-arandrunk1
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, tha... that last round, it packed one hell o' a... hell o' a wallop. Hey, stop weavin' about so much, <CHARNAME>.~
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] You seem to have had too much to drink. Perhaps we should get you to bed.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300)~ c-drunk1fem
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] You seem to have had too much to drink. Perhaps we should get you to bed.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300)~ c-drunk1male
END

/* womenfolk */
IF ~~ c-drunk1fem
 SAY ~[ARAN] Too kind o' you, lookin' out for me an' all. But I think you'd be a mite bit disappointed in my performance, eh? On account o' I might not be able to see where to fit th' key in the hole wi' everythin' spinnin' around so much, so to speak.~
 ++ ~[PC] Is everything you say and do about sex?~ + c-aboutsex
 ++ ~[PC] Did you just proposition me?~ + c-proposition
 ++ ~[PC] I wasn't expecting much from you anyways. Forget it.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] You would never say that to me if you  were not very, very drunk.~ + c-verydrunk
END

IF ~~ c-aboutsex
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hells, yes. Well, no. I mean, there be fightin', an' writin', an' sometimes a nice bit o' commentary on th' state o' Waterdeep politics. But mostly, it be about sex. Either havin' it, not havin' it, or whom th' havin' or not havin'... what was I sayin'?~
 ++ ~[PC] You were saying how you really wanted to go to sleep right now.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] You are stupid and rude, and I think you can just stay here and fend for yourself.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] You are drunk. I think I might be, too, a little. I will see you tomorrow.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] Politics, sex, having your way with me, you know... the usual. Aran? Are you awake? Aran?~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-proposition
 SAY ~[ARAN] Did I? I do believe I did. Well, if I could remember what I said. Why, you interested?~
 ++ ~[PC] You are stupid and rude, and I think you can just stay here and fend for yourself.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] You are drunk. I think I might be, too, a little. I will see you tomorrow.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
 ++ ~[PC] Yes.~ + c-dammit
 ++ ~[PC] Never in a million years.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] This is why I do not get drunk. It saves all sorts of embarassment the next morning.~ + c-million
END

IF ~~ c-verydrunk
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be right on that. But probably I won't remember in th' mornin'. I don't know, <CHARNAME>... there be so much about you that sets me on fire. But then you scare me, too. Don't know if I am comin' or goin', goin', or... what was I sayin'?~
 ++ ~[PC] I would not sleep with you, Aran, even if you were a Masked Lord of Neverwinter. Never in a million years.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] This is why I do not get drunk. It saves all sorts of embarassment the next morning.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] Well, you are drunk, and I might be, too... but I want to be special to someone right now. I say yes. Let's go upstairs.~ + c-dammit
END

IF ~~ c-dammit
 SAY ~[ARAN] Shun's... Zune's.. hells, whatever-her-name-is' Schlippery Schlopes. I want you, an' you say yes, an' then it all falls apart on account o' I am just about to...~
 ++ ~[PC] Aran? Aran? Wake up, Aran...~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-million
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, good thing I got a tough hide, eh? Used to rejection. Now, that there cute little thing over there, she might just say yes. Her... th' one standin' next to her twin...~
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, you are pointing vaguely in the direction of a table. I think you... too late. Bartender, can you get someone to haul him up to his room?~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
END

/* menfolk */

IF ~~ c-drunk1male
 SAY ~[ARAN] No, naught o' talk like that! We got th' whole rest o' th'... ok, we got mayhap a few hours, but still, we should get out there an' find us somethin' to do! There be a lot o' women attracted to power, boyo. Some o' it might rub off on me.~
 ++ ~[PC] I am spoken for. But you go along and find some poor girl to make wish that she had stayed home tonight. Just don't get arrested.~  + c-spoilsport
 ++ ~[PC] I am spoken for. But a fling might be just the thing. She has been getting very possessive and controlling lately. We are not married.~ + c-controlling
 ++ ~[PC] Come on, let's find some women who have loose morals and low standards. That should take care of you, and then I will go find someone with class and refined tastes for myself.~  + c-bigtalk
 ++ ~[PC] Is everything you say and do about sex?~ + c-allaboutsex
END

IF ~~ c-allaboutsex
 SAY ~[ARAN]  Hells, yes. Well, no. I mean, there be fightin', an' writin', an' sometimes a nice bit o' commentary on th' state o' Waterdeep politics. But mostly, it be about sex. Either havin' it, not havin' it, or whom th' havin' or not havin'... what was I sayin'?~
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were babbling randomly again. I lost track somewhere about the time you opened your mouth.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were babbling randomly again. I lost track somewhere about the time you opened your mouth.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were babbling randomly again. I lost track somewhere about the time you opened your mouth.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] Do not worry, Aran. we will get you upstairs and keep you out of trouble. In this condition, I do not think you even know what you are saying.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] Well, this is amusing. You are drunk, boyo.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] Hey, I think you should get a few more drinks in you, while I bet on how many it takes to make you pass out.~ + c-evilfriend
 ++ ~[PC] Come on, let's find some women who have loose morals and low standards. That should take care of you, and then I will go find someone with class and refined tastes for myself.~ + c-bigtalk
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, Aran.. say this... 'she sells sea shells by the seashore'. Come on, I dare you!~  + c-sheshellsh
END

IF ~~ c-bigtalk
 SAY ~[ARAN] Oh, big talk, big talk. I can see 'em linin' up for you, right now, eh? Price o' fame, I guess. So many women, so many beautiful women... Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, what in th' nine hells was I sayin'?~
 ++ ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to buy another round.~ + c-nocoin
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-evilfriend
END

IF ~~ c-spoilsport
 SAY ~[ARAN] Spoilsport. You should come wi' me, an' help me land one o' these women in my bedroll, eh? So many women, so many beautiful women... Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, what in th' nine hells was I sayin'?~
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT() ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT()~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-evilfriend
END

IF ~~ c-controlling
 SAY ~[ARAN] Exactly my point. Women, they need to know they be not th' only choice out there. Keep em' on their toes, I always say. But I say a bit more'n I should, an' naught comes o' it, either. I think. Do I think? I was thinkin' o' somethin. So many women, so many beautiful women... Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, what in th' nine hells was I sayin'?~
END

IF ~~ c-goodfriend
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be a damned good fr... friend, <CHARNAME>. Deneir's Sharp Quill, it were a g... good day when I signed on wi' you. Prince among swine, or men, or someth'n like that, an' all... a Mystra-Kissed Hero o' th' Realms.~
 ++ ~[PC] Easy, easy... you are starting to wobble. Stay seated...~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Careful. I have had a few too many drinks myself, but your breath smells like you have been drinking D'Tranion.~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Another reason not to drink. Whether I am available or not, I am about to be the only one of the two of us who could do anything but slobber and pass out.~ + c-passout
END

IF ~~ c-neutralfriend
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be a damned good fr... friend, <CHARNAME>. Well, no, that be wrong. You be a tough man what to understand. Hoar's Swift Justice, you go one way an' then th' next, semmin' to stay neutral, you kn... know. Hey. Stop spinnin' aout like that.~
 ++ ~[PC] I am not spinning, Aran. But here, you might want to keep a bucket handy...~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Careful. I have had a few too many drinks myself, but your breath smells like you have been drinking D'Tranion.~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Another reason not to drink. Whether I am available or not, I am about to be the only one of the two of us who could do anything but slobber and pass out.~ + c-passout  
END

IF ~~ c-evilfriend
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be a damned good fr... friend, <CHARNAME>. Umberlee's Undulations, that be wrong. You be th' meanest, nastiest Son' o' Bhaal ever let loose on' th' face o' Toril. But I got your back, an' I c... can't rightly complain. I like to be on th' winnin' side, eh? Bastard.~
 ++ ~[PC] Interesting revelation. You love me, but you hate me. Useful.~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, you should go run your head through that door over there. You could do it. 5 gold says you can do it...~ + c-passout  
 ++ ~[PC] Bartender, my friend here says that I am on his tab for the night. Get me your best drink!~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] You. Yeah, the ugly one. My friend Aran here says your girlfriend looks like a cow. And something about your mother being an orc.~ + c-passout
END

IF ~~ c-sheshellsh
 SAY ~[ARAN] She shellsh... See sell... she sh... Red Knight's Rump, I be shpittin... Hells. You say it. I be lookin' for someplace where to lie down. Nice table... ~
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO c-passout
END

IF ~~ c-nocoin
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right, by Oghma's Oracular Aura! Ano... 'nother round! Only I can't bloody well find my coinpurse, eh? I th... think it fell somehweres down here. Nice table... it be a bit smelly down here under t, but th' floor feels right s... soft it do.~
END

IF ~~ c-passout
 SAY ~[ARAN] Shun's... Zune's.. hells, whatever-her-name-is' Schlippery Schlopes.~
END

/* DT2: Hey, those skirts are short - cool. */
IF ~Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN c-arandrunk2
 SAY ~[ARAN] Sharess' Sensual Caress, I do love th' Waterdeep fashions. Low bodice, high skirt, just flirty enough to drive a man crazy. A toast to Waterdeep, an' a hope that next year be th' year o' th' invisible dress!~
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] I think you need to slow down. Do you remember what happened last time you had too much to drink?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",4) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300)~ + c-noidontfemale
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] I think you need to slow down. Do you remember what happened last time you had too much to drink?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",4) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300)~ + c-noidontmale
END

/* DT3: We have to stop doing this. Where's the FR AA Chapter? */
IF ~Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BEGIN c-arandrunk3
 SAY ~[ARAN] ~
 ++ ~[PC] ~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",6) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300)~ EXIT
END

Hmm. With Ascension64's Talk-to-the-Charmed Exe Fix ©®. Can we now do "fun evil talks-while-npc-is-charmed-by-the-enemy" ?

That would be an interesting species of easter egg. :suspect:

Drunk talks, yay! :suspect: Heh. Sooo.. much better roleplaying them, than having them in reality.

/* womenfolk */

IF ~~ c-drunk1fem

SAY ~[ARAN] Too kind o' you, lookin' out for me an' all. But I think you'd be a mite bit disappointed in my performance, eh? On account o' I might not be able to see where to fit th' key in the hole wi' everythin' spinnin' around so much, so to speak.~

I'm stuck with this unpleasant mental image for the morning. :laugh:

IF ~~ c-proposition

SAY ~[ARAN] Did I? I do believe I did. Well, if I could remember what I said. Why, you interested?~

END

"embarrassment"

IF ~~ c-verydrunk

SAY ~[ARAN] You be right on that. But probably I won't remember in th' mornin'. I don't know, <CHARNAME>... there be so much about you that sets me on fire. But then you scare me, too. Don't know if I am comin' or goin', goin', or... what was I sayin'?~

"embarrassment"

++ ~[PC] Hey, Aran.. say this... 'she sells sea shells by the seashore'. Come on, I dare you!~ + c-sheshellsh

END

*snort* Now that is particularly cruel. :D

IF ~~ c-nocoin

SAY ~[ARAN] Right, by Oghma's Oracular Aura! Ano... 'nother round! Only I can't bloody well find my coinpurse, eh? I th... think it fell somehweres down here. Nice table... it be a bit smelly down here under t, but th' floor feels right s... soft it do.~

"somewheres"

Fair warning. This is as brutal as my posts usually are.

In the first state, the PC can only attempt to pack Aran off to bed. What about the PC who's been matching him drink for drink and doesn't mind bit more fun? Or the PC who wants to taunt him a bit, maybe send him off to fetch another round or go talk to some girl across the bar and then laugh at him when he blows it? Or the PC who's embarrassed by Aran's lack of poise while drunk and tries to hush him up? Or who wants to see if drunk people really are 10 feet tall and bulletproof?

That's the problem with throwing out a kind of general opening line. It leaves too much leeway. I know you're trying to keep it light, and keep it focused, but you can include a couple more options and still get to the same point in the end.

Reading further into it, it looks like just about everything is pointing toward sex, either having it with a female PC or finding some with a male PC. So why not start there, instead, and drop the middle states?

Aran: ~Now, tha... that last round, it packed one hell o' a... hell o' a wallop. But I'm good. I shtill got it. An' I reckon I'm game for a bit o' easy lovin'. What about you?~

Female PC replies (note the third one is different because of the altered NPC line):

++ ~[PC] With you? Now? Forget it.~ + c-million

++ ~[PC] You would never say that to me if you were not very, very drunk.~ + c-verydrunk

Male PC replies (reworded a bit to sound a bit more natural):

++ ~[PC] I am spoken for. But you go along and make some poor girl wish she'd stayed home tonight. Just don't get arrested.~ + c-spoilsport

++ ~[PC] I'm spoken for... but a fling might just be in order. She's been getting a bit too possessive and controlling, lately. We aren't married.~ + c-controlling

++ ~[PC] Come on, let's find some women with loose morals and low standards. That should take care of you, and then I will go find someone with class and refined tastes for myself.~ + c-bigtalk

END

Reasons for the changes to the male lines:

But you go along and find some poor girl to make wish that she had stayed home tonight.

The infinitive is throwing me.

But you go along and make some poor girl wish she'd stayed home tonight.

I am spoken for. But a fling might be just the thing. She has been getting very possessive and controlling lately. We are not married.

PC allergic to contractions? Also, it sounds kind of odd for the PC to be so decisive in the first sentence and then waffle.

I'm spoken for... but a fling might just be in order. She's been getting a bit too possessive and controlling, lately. We aren't married.

In general, this whole dialogue could use more contractions. I understand that you want Aran to be more casual in his speech than the PC, but contractions are really just a representation of the normal fluidity of speech. Separating each word makes the PC sound a bit too rigid, if that makes sense.

Other than that, love it!

Notice And Fair Warning - unseemly language.

Not much time today, so I will follow up on the above stuff later on - a quick sketch of erik's suggestion, though. As always, i'm not a real writer, and I am perfectly happy adding in other folks stuff, so if you have better suggestions or want to see something else added/subtracted, speak up!

/* Charmed Dialog - must be top of the J file stack - Easter Egg if Aran is talked to while charmed. Will not play unless Ascension64's .exe tweak is installed. */
/* Rules: must be blnt, over-the-top, and absolutely no filter. Hopefully humerous. */
IF ~StateCheck(Myself,STATE_CHARMED)~ THEN BEGIN c-arancharmed
 SAY ~[ARAN] Look at all th' pretty colors. Real nice, eh?~
 + ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, repeat after me.... "We must all think for ourselves"...~ + c-think 
 // IF ~~ c-think SAY ~[ARAN] "We must all think for ourselves". Hey, that be a joke, right? I saw a snake charmer named Monty do that bit once.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~RandomNum(4,3)~ + ~[PC] Drink this cup of mud. It will make you feel better.~ + c-drink 
 // IF ~~ c-drink SAY ~[ARAN] (Gulp.) Hey, that tastes like chicken. Or anythin' you decide to cook, for that matter.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~RandomNum(4,2)~ + ~[PC] Hey you have a fly on your nose. Swat it, quick!~ + c-fly  
 // IF ~~ c-fly SAY ~[ARAN] (Swat) OUCH! Banes Bouncing Buttocks, that bloody well hurt!~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~RandomNum(4,1)~ + ~[PC] You owe me money, boyo. Come on, 20 gold, right now.~ + c-dry  
 // IF ~~ c-dry SAY ~[ARAN] Absolutely. You can have th' whole purse. O'course, there be naught in it, but I will pay you back th' very second I have the coin.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] Now I have you where I want you. Kiss my bottom, sellsword.~ + c-tried  
 // IF ~~ c-tried SAY ~[ARAN] I be tryin', but there be too much in th' way. Luckily, your arse be big enough to that I don't even have to kneel down...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~RandomNum(4,3)~ + ~[PC] Go to sleep, Aran, and dream of large women.~ + c-bride  
 // IF ~~ c-bride SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. I don't rightly think that word means what you think it meanZzzzzzzz... (Thud.)~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END // needs an ActionOverride>Sleep

+ ~RandomNum(4,2)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, stand on your head.~ + c-head  
 // IF ~~ c-head SAY ~[ARAN] Which head? I'm not rightly equipped for standin' on either... oh! You mean do a hand-stand like one o' them acrobat types! Right, can do. Hold on... ~ = ~[ARAN] (Thud) ...medic...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~RandomNum(4,1)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, stick a dagger where the sun doesn't shine.~ + c-dead   
 // IF ~~ c-dead SAY ~[ARAN] Now, I feel a hard pull to do what you just said, an' that be strange, on account o' that be a right nasty way to die. I'm not keen on stickin' blunt objects up there, niether.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

++ ~[PC] Are you all right? It looks like you have been charmed or something.~ + c-charmed  
 // IF ~~ c-charmed SAY ~[ARAN] No, I feel right fine. I feel a strong compulsion to do anythin' you say, an' your face is surrounded by some right wild colors, but then again, that don't seem no different from an average day.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END 

+ ~InParty(Player2) Gender(Player2,FEMALE) !Name(Player2,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER2>?~ + c-queen   
 // IF ~~ c-queen SAY ~[ARAN] Drama queen tendencies, father issues, cutest little arse you ever did see, an' I wouldn't kick her out o' bed. At least, not right away.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player3) Gender(Player3,FEMALE) !Name(Player3,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER3>?~ + c-roll   
 // IF ~~ c-roll SAY ~[ARAN] I think she needs a good roll in th' hay, or mayhap some strong drink, or perhaps even a solid knock aside th' head to set her straight. I think I will not be volunteerin' for that job. But you could always order me to...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player4) Gender(Player4,FEMALE) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER4>?~ + c-americanidol  
 // IF ~~ c-americanidol  SAY ~[ARAN] <PLAYER4>? I don't rightly know yet. Get her drunk, let her sing some, an' I'll have me some observations to share. What gig are you auditionin' her for?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player5) Gender(Player5,FEMALE) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER5>?~ + c-and_ass   
 // IF ~~ c-and_ass SAY ~[ARAN] Nice tits.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player6) Gender(Player6,FEMALE) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER6>?~ + c-killbill  
 // IF ~~ c-killbill SAY ~[ARAN] That be strange. I feel a right strong compulsion to say what I think, but somethin' tells me that if I do <PLAYER6> will slice my head off. Or you will. Or you both will. I'm gettin' a mite confused...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player2) Gender(Player2,MALE) !Name(Player2,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER2>?~ + c-uglybastard   
 // IF ~~ c-uglybastard SAY ~[ARAN] Not bad lookin' for an ugly fellow. His kids are goin' to be one hell o' a mess, though.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player3) Gender(Player3,MALE) !Name(Player3,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER3>?~ + c-feet	
 // IF ~~ c-feet SAY ~[ARAN] Not bad in a fight. Not so hot in th' ladies department, though. An' his farts smell like old feet.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player4) Gender(Player4,MALE) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER4>?~ + c-jealous  
 // IF ~~ c-jealous SAY ~[ARAN] Makes me a mite jealous, he does. Not many men can snore, belch, an' fart like that, an' to do all three at th' same time, now that takes bloody fine skills, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player5) Gender(Player5,MALE) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER5>?~ + c-hethinksimcute   
 // IF ~~ c-hethinksimcute SAY ~[ARAN] I don't. Should I? I mean, he be right fine lookin', but I tend to think o' womenfolk. Why, did he ask about me? What did he say?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~InParty(Player6) Gender(Player6,MALE) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER6>?~ + c-standsclose	
 // IF ~~ c-standsclose SAY ~[ARAN] Not th' sharpest o' tacks, though he claims a good bit o' intelligence. What sort o' idiot wanders Toril in th' company o' a mixed group o' adventurers, following some young adventurin' Bhaalspawn to certain death an' destruction, probably by a slow an' painful means? I mean, really, come on. Any smart adventurer would say "Screw this. I'm hittin' th' nearest tavern, an' not leavin' until someone comes up wi' an adventure what don't pit me against opponents what be gods".~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of me?~ + c-notharmed  
 // IF ~~ c-notharmed SAY ~[ARAN] I think if I hadn't met you, naught but boredom an' ennui would o' happened for me. Well sometimes I think that. Other times, I'm just starin' at you an' imaginin' you naked.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of me?~ + c-notharmed  
 // IF ~~ c-notharmed SAY ~[ARAN] I think if I hadn't met you, naught but boredom an' ennui would o' happened for me. Don't rightly know whether to thank you for that, or tell you to stick Helm's Fist up your arse an' give it a good twist.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
END

Well that gave me a good laugh. :suspect:

IF ~StateCheck(Myself,STATE_CHARMED)~ THEN BEGIN c-arancharmed

SAY ~[ARAN] Look at all th' pretty colors. Real nice, eh?~

+ ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] Hey, Aran, repeat after me.... "We must all think for ourselves"...~ + c-think

"Yes! We're all individuals!"

"You're all different!"

"Yes, we ARE all different!"

"I'm not..."

Hee....my favourite part of 'Life of Brian'. :laugh:

+ ~RandomNum(4,4)~ + ~[PC] Now I have you where I want you. Kiss my bottom, sellsword.~ + c-tried

// IF ~~ c-tried SAY ~[ARAN] I be tryin', but there be too much in th' way. Luckily, your arse be big enough to that I don't even have to kneel down...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

"too" (or remove it entirely and just put, "your arse be big enough that I don't even have to kneel down...")

+ ~RandomNum(4,3)~ + ~[PC] Go to sleep, Aran, and dream of large women.~ + c-bride

// IF ~~ c-bride SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. I don't rightly think that word means what you think it meanZzzzzzzz... (Thud.)~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END // needs an ActionOverride>Sleep

Ah..bring on The Princess Bride references, I say.

"No more rhymes now, I mean it."

"Anybody want a peanut?" (One of my favs. I am easily amused.)

+ ~InParty(Player4) Gender(Player4,FEMALE) !Name(Player4,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER4>?~ + c-americanidol

// IF ~~ c-americanidol SAY ~[ARAN] <PLAYER4>? I don't rightly know yet. Get her drunk, let her sing some, an' I'll have me some observations to share. What gig are you auditionin' her for?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

I've been meaning to say this for a while, with all Aran's use of the word 'rightly' I really hope you have a banter with Jaheira, somewhere in the mod, regarding that.

+ ~InParty(Player5) Gender(Player5,MALE) !Name(Player5,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER5>?~ + c-hethinksimcute

// IF ~~ c-hethinksimcute SAY ~[ARAN] I don't. Should I? I mean, he be right fine lookin', but I tend to think o' womenfolk. Why, did he ask about me? What did he say?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

*laughs*

+ ~InParty(Player6) Gender(Player6,MALE) !Name(Player6,"c-aran")~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of <PLAYER6>?~ + c-standsclose

// IF ~~ c-standsclose SAY ~[ARAN] Not th' sharpest o' tacks, though he claims a good bit o' intelligence. What sort o' idiot wanders Toril in th' company o' a mixed group o' adventurers, following some young adventurin' Bhaalspawn to certain death an' destruction, probably by a slow an' painful means? I mean, really, come on. Any smart adventurer would say "Screw this. I'm hittin' th' nearest tavern, an' not leavin' until someone comes up wi' an adventure what don't pit me against opponents what be gods".~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

A lot of use of adventure/ers etc. in this dialogue. Perhaps at least change or remove one of them. "What sort o' idiot wanders Toril in th' company o' a mixed group o' adventurers, following some young Bhaalspawn to certain death an' destruction, probably by a slow an' painful means?"

+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of me?~ + c-notharmed

// IF ~~ c-notharmed SAY ~[ARAN] I think if I hadn't met you, naught but boredom an' ennui would o' happened for me. Well sometimes I think that. Other times, I'm just starin' at you an' imaginin' you naked.

I like that. Honesty. :D (I imagine such a reply wouldn't require a charmed state for Aran, although he might dance around the response a little more without that.)

// IF ~~ c-notharmed SAY ~[ARAN] I think if I hadn't met you, naught but boredom an' ennui would o' happened for me. Well sometimes I think that. Other times, I'm just starin' at you an' imaginin' you naked.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] So, what do you really think of me?~ + c-notharmed

// IF ~~ c-notharmed SAY ~[ARAN] I think if I hadn't met you, naught but boredom an' ennui would o' happened for me. Don't rightly know whether to thank you for that, or tell you to stick Helm's Fist up your arse an' give it a good twist.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

END

I love both of these. Especially the second.

It would be fun to have a response or two where the pc could be just as drunk. There could be some gibberish talk that only someone drunk would be able to truly comprehend or something like a friendly competition such as, who can drink the most before passing out, how many tavern wenches they could kiss without getting slapped, and so forth.

Maybe even a rare occurrence where the pc is too drunk for their own good and Aran is sober enough to see some potential trouble. It could even be an "Aww" moment for female pcs.

That's just my two cents. Take it for whatever it's worth.

OK, looking at it, I dumped talk three permanently, so I can concentrate on just two, and expanded talk 1. It *was* all about sex, which is probably because I have been grumbling and swearing over the mature content lovetalks and bathing/swimming interactions. So this time, let's try to keep his mind in the gutter only some of the time, and allow PC to have some different ways this could play out. Here is draft 2 (thanks, berelinde, for a quick "challenge via constitution" logic tree!) I think talk 2 will be easier, but probably should have some romance paths. This one is getting detailed enough as it is.

Repairs and ideas integrated form the above posts - if you see one I missed including, please let me know :)

( Jessception,

Maybe even a rare occurrence where the pc is too drunk for their own good and Aran is sober enough to see some potential trouble. It could even be an "Aww" moment for female pcs.
This one is not included, because I want to explore it a bit and brainstorm. This one has alot of potential as a friend talk - PC goes out drinking to forget, does Aran see her as a friend and keep her drinking, take advantage, protect her, does she like being protected or tell him off for getting in the way - it is a John Hughes Movie Moment that might be alot of fun to play around with for awhile.)

/* This is fun - Let's paint the town red! */
IF ~Global("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN c-arandrunk1 // in master file, patch this in with numerical start at state a1511
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, tha... that last round, it packed one hell o' a... hell o' a wallop. Hey, stop weavin' about so much, <CHARNAME>.~
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] You seem to have had too much to drink. Perhaps we should get you to bed.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranisdrunk","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)~ + c-drunk1fem
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] You seem to have had too much to drink. Perhaps we should get you to bed.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranisdrunk","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)~ + c-drunk1male
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] Oh, come on. You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranisdrunk","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)~ + c-drinkingfem
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC]  Oh, come on.  You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranisdrunk","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)~ + c-drinkingmale
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE)~ + ~[PC] Hey, keep your voice down. You are starting to attract attention.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranisdrunk","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)~ + c-attentionfem
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE)~ + ~[PC] Hey, keep your voice down. You are starting to attract attention.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arandrunk","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobalTimer("c-aransmalltalk","GLOBAL",300) SetGlobalTimer("c-aranisdrunk","GLOBAL",TWO_DAYS)~ + c-attentionmale
END

IF ~~ c-drunk1fem
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, come on. You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingfem
 ++ ~[PC] I wasn't expecting much from you anyways. Forget it.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] You would never say that to me if you were not very, very drunk.~ + c-verydrunk
END

IF ~~ c-aboutsex
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hells, yes. Well, no. I mean, there be fightin', an' writin', an' sometimes a nice bit o' commentary on th' state o' Waterdeep politics. But mostly, it be about sex. Either havin' it, not havin' it, or whom th' havin' or not havin'... what was I sayin'?~
 ++ ~[PC] You were saying how you really wanted to go to sleep right now.~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] You are stupid and rude, and I think you can just stay here and fend for yourself.~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] You are drunk. I think I might be, too, a little. I will see you tomorrow.~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] Politics, sex, having your way with me, you know... the usual. Aran? Are you awake? Aran?~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] You were challenging me to a drinking contest, and I was bettting that I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingfem
END

IF ~~ c-imouttahere
 SAY ~[ARAN] Shun's... Zune's.. hells, whatever-her-name-is' Schlippery Schlopes. You go on wi' out me. I'm goin' to fall ashleep on this nish, comfy table.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ c-proposition
 ++ ~[PC] You are stupid and rude, and I think you can just stay here and fend for yourself.~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] You are drunk. I think I might be, too, a little. I will see you tomorrow.~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] Yes.~ + c-dammit
 ++ ~[PC] Never in a million years.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] This is why I do not get drunk. It saves all sorts of embarrassment the next morning.~ + c-million
END

IF ~~ c-dammit
 SAY ~[ARAN] Shun's... Zune's.. hells, whatever-her-name-is' Schlippery Schlopes. I want you, an' you say yes, an' then it all falls apart on account o' I am just about to...~
END

IF ~~ c-million
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, good thing I got a tough hide, eh? Used to rejection. Now, that there cute little thing over there, she might just say yes. Her... th' one standin' next to her twin...~
 ++ ~[PC] Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Bartender, four of those. Yes, the strong ones. I have some catching up to do.~ + c-catchup
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, you are pointing vaguely in the direction of a table. I think you... too late. Bartender, can you get someone to haul him up to his room?~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, Aran.. say this... 'she sells sea shells by the seashore'. Come on, I dare you!~ + c-sheshellsh
END

IF ~~ c-verydrunk
 ++ ~[PC] I would not sleep with you, Aran, even if you were a Masked Lord of Neverwinter. Never in a million years.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] This is why I do not get drunk. It saves all sorts of embarrassment the next morning.~ + c-million
 ++ ~[PC] Well, you are drunk, and I might be, too... but I want to be special to someone right now. I say yes. Let's go upstairs.~ + c-dammit
END

IF ~~ c-drunk1male
 SAY ~[ARAN] No, naught o' thoughts like that! We got th' whole rest o' th'... ok, we got mayhap a few hours, but still, we should get out there an' find us somethin' to do! There be a lot o' women attracted to power, boyo. Some o' it might rub off on me.~
 ++ ~[PC] I am spoken for. But you go along and make some poor girl wish she'd stayed home tonight. Just don't get arrested.~  + c-spoilsport
 ++ ~[PC] I'm spoken for... but a fling might just be in order. She's been getting a bit too possessive and controlling, lately. We aren't married.~ + c-controlling
 ++ ~[PC] Come on, let's find some women with loose morals and low standards. That should take care of you, and then I will go find someone with class and refined tastes for myself.~  + c-bigtalk
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, forget all that. You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingmale
END

IF ~~ c-allaboutsex
 SAY ~[ARAN]  Hells, yes. Well, no. I mean, there be fightin', an' writin', an' sometimes a nice bit o' commentary on th' state o' Waterdeep politics. But mostly, it be about sex. Either havin' it, not havin' it, or whom th' havin' or not havin'... what was I sayin'?~
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were babbling randomly again. I lost track somewhere about the time you opened your mouth.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were babbling randomly again. I lost track somewhere about the time you opened your mouth.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were babbling randomly again. I lost track somewhere about the time you opened your mouth.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT()~ + ~[PC] Do not worry, Aran. we will get you upstairs and keep you out of trouble. In this condition, I do not think you even know what you are saying.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] Well, this is amusing. You are drunk, boyo.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] Hey, I think you should get a few more drinks in you, while I bet on how many it takes to make you pass out.~ + c-evilfriend
 ++ ~[PC] Come on, let's find some women who have loose morals and low standards. That should take care of you, and then I will go find someone with class and refined tastes for myself.~ + c-bigtalk
 ++ ~[PC] You were betting that you can drink me under the table.~ + c-drinkingfem
END

IF ~~ c-bigtalk
 SAY ~[ARAN] Oh, big talk, big talk. I can see 'em linin' up for you, right now, eh? Price o' fame, I guess. So many women, so many beautiful women... Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, what in th' nine hells was I sayin'?~
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-evilfriend
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, come on. You remember. You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingmale
END

IF ~~ c-spoilsport
 SAY ~[ARAN] Spoilsport. You should come wi' me, an' help me land one o' these women in my bedroll, eh? So many women, so many beautiful women... Waukeen's Wandering Worshipers, what in th' nine hells was I sayin'?~
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to try to bed that waitress over there.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that you were going to bed to sleep off the drink.~ + c-evilfriend
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,16)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-goodfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,17) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-neutralfriend
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10)~ + ~[PC] You were saying that the night is young, and you wanted to have some fun.~ + c-evilfriend
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, come on. you remember. You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingmale
END

IF ~~ c-controlling
 SAY ~[ARAN] Exactly my point. Women, they need to know they be not th' only choice out there. Keep em' on their toes, I always say. But I say a bit more'n I should, an' naught comes o' it, either. I think. Do I think? So many women, so many beautiful women... Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, what in th' nine hells was I sayin'?~
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, come on. you remember. You haven't had that much to drink. I bet I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingmale
END

IF ~~ c-goodfriend
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be a damned good fr... friend, <CHARNAME>. Deneir's Sharp Quill, it were a g... good day when I signed on wi' you. Prince among swine, or men, or someth'n like that, an' all... a Mystra-Kissed Hero o' th' Realms.~
 ++ ~[PC] Easy, easy... you are starting to wobble. Stay seated...~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, never mind all that. The blonde on the end, over there. She is looking at you.~ + c-blonde
 ++ ~[PC] Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Bartender, four of those. Yes, the strong ones. I have some catching up to do.~ + c-catchup
END

IF ~~ c-neutralfriend
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be a damned good fr... friend, <CHARNAME>. Well, no, that be wrong. You be a tough man what to understand. Hoar's Swift Justice, you go one way an' then th' next, seamin' to stay neutral, you kn... know. Hey. Stop spinnin' about like that.~
 ++ ~[PC] I am not spinning, Aran. But here, you might want to keep a bucket handy...~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, never mind that. The blonde on the end, over there. She is looking at you.~ + c-blonde  
END

IF ~~ c-evilfriend
 SAY ~[ARAN] You be a damned good fr... friend, <CHARNAME>. Umberlee's Undulations, that be wrong. You be th' meanest, nastiest Son' o' Bhaal ever let loose on' th' face o' Toril. But I got your back, an' I c... can't rightly complain. I like to be on th' winnin' side, eh? Bastard.~
 ++ ~[PC] Interesting revelation. You love me, but you hate me. Useful.~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, you should go run your head through that door over there. You could do it. 5 gold says you can do it...~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] Never mind that. The blonde on the end, over there. She is looking at you.~ + c-blonde  
 ++ ~[PC] Bartender, my friend here says that I am on his tab for the night. Get me your best drink!~ + c-passout
 ++ ~[PC] You. Yeah, the ugly one. My friend Aran here says your girlfriend looks like a cow. And something about your mother being an orc.~ + c-passout
END

IF ~~ c-sheshellsh
 SAY ~[ARAN] She shellsh... See sell... she sh... Red Knight's Rump, I be shpittin... Hells. You say it. I be lookin' for someplace where to lie down. Nice table... ~
END

IF ~~ c-passout
 SAY ~[ARAN] Shun's... Zune's.. hells, whatever-her-name-is' Schlippery Schlopes.~
END

IF ~~ c-nocoin
END

IF ~~ c-drinkingfem
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now you may be one o' th' most powerful an' beautiful creatures I know, an' you look right fine, too. Plus you be powerful. An' b... beautiful. Did I say that already?  But don't you be challengin' me on th' dri.. drinkin' front, lassie. You don't rightly know what you be doin'.~
 ++ ~[PC] I know exactly what I am doing. Bartender, a round here. Let's see if you can keep up with me.~ + c-con15
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, I suppose you are right. I guess that I will just have to go find me a real man. One who can drink me under the table.~ + femundertable
 ++ ~[PC] OK, we have established that I am one of the most powerful, beautiful, beautiful, powerful, beautiful women you have ever met. That, and that you are not only drunk - you are very drunk.~ + c-iaminvinceable
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, how many fingers am I holding up?~ + c-justone
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, dear me. I just feel like stretching, and preening my hair a bit... and if I were winning a drinking contest, I just can't imagine how I am going to keep all these hot, heavy clothes on...~ + c-contestyes
END

IF ~~ c-nocoin
 SAY ~[ARAN] By Oghma's Oracular Aura, you be holdin' only one fing... hey! Now, there be no call to be crude. That be downright unladylike, eh? Unless that be some kind o' proposition.~
 + ~RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] So you are too chicken to challenge me at drinking?~ + c-contestyes
 + ~RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] So you are too chicken to challenge me at drinking?~ + c-contestno  
 ++ ~[PC] No matter. I was bored with this anyways. Here, have a drink on me.~ + c-drinkonmefem
 ++ ~[PC] Let's see if you can hold any more liquor. Drink up, Aran.~ + c-iaminvinceable
 ++ ~[PC] Sit and spin, sweetling. But enough of this. You have had way too much to drink. Come on, you need to get upstairs.~ + c-bothtoastextended
END

IF ~~ femundertable
 SAY ~[ARAN] Gond's Bladder, that b... be no way to measure a man, nor naught no w... woman, neither, nohow. St.. stick 'em in battle, an' you know, but dr... drinkin'? That be an art, not no measure o' manhood.~ 
 + ~RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] So you are too chicken to challenge me?~ + c-contestyes
 + ~RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] So you are too chicken to challenge me?~ + c-contestno  
 ++ ~[PC] No matter. I was bored with this anyways. Here, have a drink on me.~ + c-drinkonmefem
 ++ ~[PC] Let's see if you can hold any more liquor. Drink up, Aran.~ + c-iaminvinceable
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, on second thought, you have had way too much. Come on, you need to get upstairs.~ + c-bothtoastextended
END

IF ~~ c-drinkonmefem
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right friendly o' you.~ 
  ++ ~[PC] Hey, on second thought, you have had way too much. Come on, you need to get upstairs.~ + c-bothtoastextended
  ++ ~[PC] Well, we have an early start tomorrow, I think. I'm headed out.~ + c-imouttahere
END   

IF ~~ c-contestyes
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, I didn't say I wasn't, did I, I be a mite c... confused. No matter. Drinkin' contest it be. Bartender!~ 
 IF ~~ THEN GOTO c-con15
END

IF ~~ c-contestno
 SAY ~[ARAN] No,I am not goin' to do that wi' you. I'd be right happy to drink together, but no contest. It just don't seem right.~ 
 ++ ~[PC] That wasn't a request, it was an order. Here, we will start with this.~ + c-con15
 ++ ~[PC] Good decision. You have had way too much to drink anyways, so the contest would be no fun. Come on, you need to get upstairs.~ + c-bothtoastextended
 ++ ~[PC] You are no fun. Well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Bartender, four of those. Yes, the strong ones. I have some catching up to do.~ + c-catchup
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, how many fingers am I holding up?~ + c-justone
END

IF ~~ c-drinkingmale
 SAY ~[ARAN] Why, that be a right fine challenge, <CHARNAME>. You be on! Bartender, two o' your finest, right here, an' keep 'em comin' until one or both o' us are under th' t... table!~ 
 ++ ~[PC] Let's see if you can keep up with me.~ + c-con15
 ++ ~[PC] Loser gets the bar tab.~ + c-con15
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, never mind that. The blonde on the end, over there. She is looking at you.~ + c-blonde
 ++ ~[PC] Actually, I changed my mind. Early start tomorrow, I think. I'm headed out.~ + c-imouttahere
END

IF ~~ c-blonde
 SAY ~[ARAN] What blonde?~ 
 ++ ~[PC] The one smiling at you. Don't you see her? She is right over there. Here, let me write a note for you. Something witty that will get her attention. Bartender!~ + c-blondenote
 ++ ~[PC] Never mind. She is looking at me. You have had way too much to drink, anyways, so the contest would be no fun. Come on, you need to get upstairs.~ + c-bothtoastextended
 ++ ~[PC] Look, there is only one woman over there. Don't tell me you can't see her.~ + c-twoofthem
 ++ ~[PC] The one I am leaving with, tonight. Pity I can't stay. People to see, women to seduce... you know how it goes. Oh, wait... you don't.~ + c-imouttahere
END

IF ~~ c-twoofthem
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, mayhap I meant 'which blonde'. On account o' th' two twins over th... there. But hey, it don't matter. I done signed her an' her twin some Thieves Cant I learned me awhile back. It got at least one o' their attention. She be comin' over here, carryin' her wine right nice an' smilin'. Hey, is my breath bad?~ 
 ++ ~[PC] Absolutely. You smell like a spring flower. Good call on the Cant, too, with her wearing all that black leather and that big tattoo across her cheek. Go get her, Aran!~ + c-blondethief
 ++ ~[PC] Absolutely, if you like charnel houses pickled in liquor. Good call on the Cant, too, with her wearing all that black leather and that big tattoo across her cheek. But she looks drunk too. Go get her, Aran!~ + c-blondethief
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, perhaps we should get out of here. She is not all that pretty. Come on, let's leave.~ + c-blondethief 
END

IF ~~ c-blondenote
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, whatever you d... done wrote, it got her attention. She be comin' over here, carryin' her wine right nice an' smilin'. Hey, is my breath bad?~ 
 ++ ~[PC] Absolutely. You smell like a spring flower. Go get her, Aran!~ + c-blondemad
 ++ ~[PC] Absolutely, if you like charnel houses pickled in liquor. But she looks drunk too. Go get her, Aran!~ + c-blondemad
 ++ ~[PC] Hey, perhaps we should get out of here. She is not all that pretty. Come on, let's leave.~ + c-blondemad 
END

IF ~~ c-blondethief
 SAY ~[ARAN] Too late, she be right here. Hey there, lass...~
 = ~[ARAN] Did you see that? Th' wench poured her wine over my head, an' waltzed out wi' out a howdy-do!~
 ++ ~[PC] What did you sign to her?~ + c-thoughtisaid
 ++ ~[PC] You have an interesting way with women.~ + c-thoughtisaid
 ++ ~[PC] Never mind. You needed a bath anyways. Come on, let's drink until we throw up!~ + c-friendslikeyou
END

IF ~~ c-blondemad
 SAY ~[ARAN] Too late, she be right here. Hey there, lass...~
 = ~[ARAN] Did you see that? Th' wench poured her wine over my head, an' waltzed out wi' out a howdy-do! What in th' nine hells did you write?~
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, nothing much. I just mentioned you were available, and you thought she was cute. At least I think that is what I wrote. My Chondthan is a little rusty.~ + c-friendslikeyou
 ++ ~[PC] Oh, nothing much. I asked how much for the night.~ + c-friendslikeyou
 ++ ~[PC] Never mind. You needed a bath anyways. Come on, let's drink until we throw up!~ + c-friendslikeyou
END

IF ~~ c-thoughtisaid
 SAY ~[ARAN] Tymora's Bright Coin, I thought I said 'You are cute'. But thinkin' about it, that sign be close to 'how much for th' night'. Or mayhap somethin' about her bust size. Hells, I am d... drunk, how am I supposed to know?~
END

IF ~~ c-friendslikeyou
 SAY ~[ARAN] Tymora's Bright Coin. Wi' friends like you, who bloody well needs enemies.~
END

IF ~~ c-contestno
 SAY ~[ARAN] No,I am not goin' to do that wi' you. I'd be right happy to drink together, but no contest. It just don't seem right.~ 
 ++ ~[PC] That wasn't a request, it was an order. Here, we will start with this.~ + c-con15
 ++ ~[PC] Well, we have an early start tomorrow, I think. I'm headed out.~ + c-imouttahere
END

IF ~~ c-attentionfem
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now wh... why should I be carin' about that? We done killed impossible creatures, an bl... blasted through more challenges than most folks do in a lifetime. What in th' nine heslls is some poor little sod goin' to do to us if we raise our voices a mite, eh?~ 
 ++ ~[PC] That's it. You are done. Put the glass down, Whitehand. We need to get you out of here before you pick a fight.~ + pickafightfemale
 ++ ~[PC] Stop it, please. I don't enjoy the extra attention. Here, have the srongest drink in the house, and be quiet.~ + c-iaminvinceable
 ++ ~[PC] I wanted to get you all relaxed, so I could have my way with you. But you seem bound and determined to make a fool of yourself instead.~ + c-dammit
 ++ ~[PC] I wanted to get all relaxed, so I could feel more comfortable about us... well, us fooling around a little. Maybe even kissing. But you seem bound and determined to make a fool of yourself instead.~ + c-dammit  
 ++ ~[PC] Well, we have an early start tomorrow, I think. And i really do not enjoy the scene you are making. I'm headed out.~ + c-imouttahere  
END

IF ~~ c-attentionmale
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now wh... why should I be carin' about that? We done killed impossible creatures, an bl... blasted through more challenges than most folks do in a lifetime. What in th' nine heslls is some poor little sod goin' to do to us if we raise our voices a mite, eh?~ 
 ++ ~[PC] That's it. You are done. Put the glass down, Whitehand. We need to get you out of here before you pick a fight.~ + pickafightmale
 ++ ~[PC] Well, we have an early start tomorrow, I think. I'm headed out. Try not to get arrested. Better yet, try not to get killed.~ + c-imouttahere
 ++ ~[PC] You are on your own. If you get arrested, I will kill you. If you get into a fight, i will kill you. If you get into any woman trouble...~ + c-womantouble
 ++ ~[PC] You can dress him up, but you can't take him anywhere...~ + c-what
 ++ ~[PC] Well, they could be a like that group of half-orcs over there, just looking for an excuse to bash some heads. We wouldn't want to prove them, now, would we?~ + pickafightmale
END

IF ~~ c-what
 SAY ~[ARAN] What? You said s... somethin' about dressin' up. D... don't rightly know about any o' that, <CHARNAME>. Sounds kind o' strange.~ 
 IF ~~ THE GOTO c-imouttahere
END

IF ~~ c-womantouble
 SAY ~[ARAN] I know, I kn... now, you will be killin' me. Only that be implausible, on acc... 'count o' th' women trouble would kill me first, eh?~ 
 IF ~~ THE GOTO c-imouttahere
END

IF ~~ pickafightmale
 SAY ~[ARAN] Grumbar's Fists an' Fl.. Flatulence, that be a great idea. Hey. YOU. Yeah, you, th' t... tall one. You look like a piece o' crap your mother threw out. Wh... what do you say to that, you flamin' arse?~
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, who are you... oh. You are picking a fight with a chair. Time for bed, boyo.~ + thoughtknees
 ++ ~[PC] Go on, hit him, Aran! Hit him hard! No, he is over in that direction. Aran, to your left. In front of you.~ + spinning
 ++ ~[PC] You are on your own. I don't ordinarily brawl, you know. I will bail you out in the morning, though, if you are still alive.~ + thoughtknees
 ++ ~[PC] I have his friend in sight, Aran. Don't worry, we can take them both!~ + takethem  
END

IF ~~ pickafightfemale
 SAY ~[ARAN] Grumbar's Fists an' Fl.. Flatulence, I needs defend your honor. Hey. YOU. Yeah, you, th' t... tall one. Are you embarrassin' this lady? You look like a piece o' crap your mother threw out. Wh... what do you say to that, you flamin' arse?~
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, who are you... oh. You are picking a fight with a chair. Time for bed, boyo.~ + thoughtknees
 ++ ~[PC] Please, stop that... you are making a scene. I don't want the attention.~ + thoughtknees
 ++ ~[PC] Now you have done it. That dwarf over there thought you were talking to him, and he seems to have friends. I don't want a fight. Let's get out of here.~ + thoughtknees
 ++ ~[PC] Remind me to go about banging pots and pans at daybreak right over your head as punishment for this humiliation.~ + c-humiliation
END

IF ~~ c-humiliation
 SAY ~[ARAN] Bane's Blood. There be three o' him, an' two o' his friend. Bad odds. You scoot out right quick, <CHARNAME>, an' I'll knock 'em down. Just point me at... (thud.) no, that be a doorframe.~
END

IF ~~ spinning
 SAY ~[ARAN] Bane's Blood. I think I just punched a wall.~
END

IF ~~ thoughtknees
 SAY ~[ARAN] Bane's Bones. Wish I'd h... have known th.. that earlier, on acc... count o' I just punched him.~
END

IF ~~ takethem
 SAY ~[ARAN] Um... <CHARNAME>? Where did they go? On account o' I think we be leanin' ag... against each other, an... I don't ri... rightly see no opp... ponents. You look like hell. An' I think I shall now throw up.~
END

/* Berelinde's Stat Challenge Code */
IF ~~ c-con15
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, this be a drink what can knock down an ogre at twelve paces, j... just wi' th' smell. Aye, death t... to our enemies!~
 /* They're both toast */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",15,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... that burns as it goes down. I don't.. feel... sho...~ + c-bothtoastimmediate  // both constitutions under 14, both pass out.
 /* Both holding their own */
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",15,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CON)~ + ~[PC] Drink up!~ + c-con16
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",15,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CON)~ + ~[PC] This is no longer fun. You are on your own.~ + c-pcleave
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",15,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CON)~ + ~[PC] I 've had en... enough. G'night.~  + c-pcleave
 /* Aran's done */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",15,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CON)~ + ~[PC] Aran? Are you al... alright? You look like you are about to...~ + c-aranpassout
 /* PC's done */
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",15,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,15,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... I don't.. feel... sho...~ + c-pcpassout
END

IF ~~ c-con16
 SAY ~[ARAN] Flamin' Fist Forev'r.~
 /* They're both toast */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",16,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... I don't.. feel... sho...~ + c-bothtoastextended
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",16,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CON)~ + ~[PC] Confusion to our friends!~ + c-con17
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",16,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CON)~ + ~[PC] This is no longer fun. You are on your own.~ + c-pcleave
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",16,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CON)~ + ~[PC] I 've had en.. enough. G'night.~  + c-pcleave
 /* Aran's done */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",16,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CON)~ + ~[PC] Aran? Are you al... alright? You look like you are about to...~ + c-aranpassed
 /* PC's done */
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",16,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,16,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... I don't.. feel... sho...~ + c-pcpassout
END

IF ~~ c-con17
 SAY ~[ARAN] Shune there be some goodly drlinliki... dr.... hellsh. Drink up.~
 /* They're both toast */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",17,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,17,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... I don't.. feel... sho...~ + c-bothtoastextended
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",17,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,17,CON)~ + ~[PC] Bottoms Up, and Tops, Too!~ + c-con18
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",17,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,17,CON)~ + ~[PC] This is no longer fun. You are on your own.~ + c-pcleave
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",17,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,17,CON)~ + ~[PC] I 've had en.. enough. G'night.~  + c-pcleave
 /* Aran's done */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",17,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,17,CON)~ + ~[PC] Aran? Are you al... alright? You look like you are about to...~ + c-aranpassout
 /* PC's done */
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",17,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,17,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... I don't... feel... sho...~ + c-pcpassout
END

IF ~~ c-con18
 SAY ~[ARAN] Who do we be kiddin'. We both have conshtit... conshititz.. blargzlubm... ~ // aran started first, so we can cut it off early
 /* They're both toast */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",18,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,18,CON)~ + ~[PC] Ooohh... I don't... feel... sho...~ + c-bothtoastextended
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",18,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,18,CON)~ + ~[PC] Less talk, more drink! C... come on, Aran.~ + c-kidding
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",18,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,18,CON)~ + ~[PC] This is no longer fun. You are on your own.~ + c-pcleave
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",18,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,18,CON)~ + ~[PC] I 've had en... enough. G'night.~  + c-pcleave
 /* Aran's done */
 + ~CheckStatLT("c-aran",18,CON) !CheckStatLT(Player1,18,CON)~ + ~[PC] Aran? Are you al... alright? You look like you are about to...~ + c-aranpassout
 /* PC's done */
 + ~!CheckStatLT("c-aran",18,CON) CheckStatLT(Player1,18,CON)~ + ~[PC] Pr... retty  gooodlfgh snzzlegrmph...~ + c-pcpassout
END

IF ~~ c-bothtoastextended
 SAY ~[ARAN] Th... that were a good run, it w... were.  <CHARNAME>...  you all be all fuzzy lookin'. All both o' you. Shtop that. We might both be about to... (thud.)~
END

IF ~~ c-bothtoastimmediate
 SAY ~[ARAN] Th... that were a mite quick, wi' only o... one drink. <CHARNAME>? Nope, out cold. Hey, I have a conshtit... conshititz.. blargzlubm... (thud.)~
END

IF ~~ c-catchup
 SAY ~[ARAN] Th... that were a mite quick, wi' all... all those drinks. You be one hell o' a stong <PRO_MANWOMAN>. I.d be on my arse. Gotta drink. <CHARNAME>? Nope, out cold. Hey, I have a conshtit... conshititz.. blargzlubm... (thud.)~
END

IF ~~ c-kidding
 SAY ~[ARAN] Who do we be kiddin'. We both have conshtit... conshititz.. blargzlubm... (thud.)~
END

IF ~~ c-iaminvinceable
 SAY ~[ARAN] Good shtuff. D... Don't you worry, <CHARNAME>. I have a conshtit... conshititz.. blargzlubm... (thud.)~
END

IF ~~ c-aranpassout
 SAY ~[ARAN] Blgblshiri, nozzing brlip... (thud.)~
END

IF ~~ c-pcpassout
 SAY ~[ARAN] I think I done won, eh... <PRO_HESHE> just hit th' floor. Or it hit <PRO_HIMHER>. Hey, th' ceilin' be shpinnin' too fasht, an' blgblshiri, nozzing brlip... (thud.) ~
END

IF ~~ c-pcleave
 SAY ~[ARAN] I think I done won, eh... <PRO_HESHE> just gave up, eh? I'll follow <PRO_HIMHER> out. Hey, th' ceilin' be shpinnin' too fasht, an' blgblshiri, nozzing brlip... (thud.) ~
END

( Jessception,
This one is not included, because I want to explore it a bit and brainstorm. This one has alot of potential as a friend talk - PC goes out drinking to forget, does Aran see her as a friend and keep her drinking, take advantage, protect her, does she like being protected or tell him off for getting in the way - it is a John Hughes Movie Moment that might be alot of fun to play around with for awhile.)

Yes, I really like Jessception's idea too. However I can't help but think that Aran's responses in such a situation may not be that varied. No matter how wasted or horny Aran feels would he be foolish enough to shit where he eats? (Take advantage/have sex with his employer.) I'm not discounting his potential for chivalry or potential respect for the pc, but he's been around the block a few times and I imagine he could (even drunk) smell the danger. Just a thought. :)

IF ~~ c-aboutsex

++ ~[PC] You were challenging me to a drinking contest, and I was bettting that I can drink you under the table.~ + c-drinkingfem

END

"betting"

IF ~~ c-nocoin

"somewheres"

Unless it's supposed to be like that to be drunken sounding.

IF ~~ c-attentionfem

"hells"

Unless drunken sounding. In which case, 'nothing to see here'.

++ ~[PC] Well, we have an early start tomorrow, I think. And i really do not enjoy the scene you are making. I'm headed out.~ + c-imouttahere

END

"I"

IF ~~ c-attentionmale

"hells"

++ ~[PC] You are on your own. If you get arrested, I will kill you. If you get into a fight, i will kill you. If you get into any woman trouble...~ + c-womantouble

"I"

++ ~[PC] Well, they could be a like that group of half-orcs over there, just looking for an excuse to bash some heads. We wouldn't want to prove them, now, would we?~ + pickafightmale

extraneous "a" between "be" and "like"

Also, missing word in next bit. "We wouldn't want to prove them right, now, would we?"

/* Berelinde's Stat Challenge Code */

IF ~~ c-catchup

SAY ~[ARAN] Th... that were a mite quick, wi' all... all those drinks. You be one hell o' a stong <PRO_MANWOMAN>. I.d be on my arse. Gotta drink. <CHARNAME>? Nope, out cold. Hey, I have a conshtit... conshititz.. blargzlubm... (thud.)~

END

"I'd"

I really like the additions with the drinking challenge and especially the encounter with the blonde thief. :p

Thank you! God stuff, and good ytpo tyop typo hunting as well!

I am still playing around with the idea, but I think it needs to be a separate talk (not a friend talk) for one simple reason - not every PC would go out and get toasty, and guessing player motivation is tough.

The part that makes it even possible to think of trying is exactly what you point out, KIrving - he has been around, and I don't think the outcome of the talk is unpredictable. If there is any indication PC is not in control of herself, it would be tough to write an in-character response that didn't have him trying to resolve the situation in a rough but chivalrous manner, or in the case of a vapid or antagonistic PC (evil responses) a disengagement and protector role (Hells, boss, you done had way too much to drink. Come on, now, let's be gettin' out o' here. Keldorn, take her arm, there.. Korgan, you be gettin' your hands away from her rear, you randy bugger. Right, then, all together...) .

The fun with the talk idea might be to try to anticipate exactly how many different PC pathways might lead out of the player decision to get PC intoxicated. Happy? Happy friendly? Angry? About what? Just likes to drink? The guys in the corner think so... and tat might be fine with PC, but not with Aran (or vice versa). Is she an employer who is about to make trouble for him , or is she a friend who has to be reminded that she is the boss? What about a thief PC? Is she shamming in order to trick him, is she sizing up a mark and he is getting in the way and blowing the setup? Has she had it with the whole deal and wants to just get ripped and punch anything that moves? Does she have ulterior motives, or does she feel like she needs to get wasted in order to get attention? Who's attention is she trying to get? Why would she lose control, and where would there be a boundary that one or the other can't cross while drunk?

I think too much :) But it is fun to brainstorm it.

Archived