IWD1 Unfinished Business: Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest

Mebber

Hi,

I'm playing IWD1 with UB right know and, you guess it, i'm stuck at the expanded Guello/Beorn Quest. I only get some boots from Guello after saving him, and nothing but "Thanks again" afterwards. Beorn keeps saying "Thats great, now we have to wait till the umber hulks pass by" (very loosley translated, i own the german version).

How is this component meant to play out?

I tried various approaches after giving Tarnhelm the food and killing the umber hulks in his area (to actually gain access to the village - they can't be the hulks Beorn wants me to kill?) - rescuing Guello before i enter the village the first time, kill Malavon and all his umber hulks first/last, kill Malavon first but keep some hulks alive to speak with Beorn and kill them afterwards, teleporting into the village to talk to Beorn first and kill the hulks in Tarnhelms area afterwards.... and more, i think i've really tried almost any possible order in solving the quests involving Mavalon/Beorn/Guelle/Tarnhelm, but to no avail. I'm not even sure if the component is actually installed correctly since i don't know how it is supposed to play out. Are there some additional hulks who spawn somewhere?

It's not really that much of a deal, i could simply go on, but i'm curious how this component is meant to play out...

Oh, and by the way, it's a great mod. IWD is a really nice game, and while it lacks in the mod department quantity wise, the few mods i found (like UB) really fit in nicely and are fun to play with.

Archived