Item Index

ARMORS
- Light Armors (Leather, Studded Leather, Hide Armor)
- Medium Armors (Chain, Splint Mail)
- Heavy Armors (Plate, Full Plate Mail)
- Helmets
- Robes
- Shields (Bucklers, Small, Medium and Large Shields)

EQUIPMENT
- Amulets
- Belts/Girdles
- Boots
- Bracers/Gauntlets
- Cloaks
- Ioun Stones
- Rings

WEAPONS
- Axes
- Bastard Swords
- Bows and Arrows
- Clubs
- Crossbows and Bolts
- Daggers
- Darts
- Flails
- Halberds
- Katanas and Wakizashis
- Long Swords
- Maces
- Morning Stars
- Scimitars
- Short Swords
- Slings and Bullets
- Spears
- Staves
- Two-Handed Swords
- War Hammers

MISCELLANEOUS
- Drow Equipment
- Custom Equipment for NPCs
- Scrolls
- Various Items
- Wands
- Potions

Leather Armors

Protector of the Second +2
Equipped Abilities:
Saving Throws: +1 bonus
Protection from Spell: Entangle

Armor Class: 6
Arcane Spell Failure: 10%
Thieving Skills Penalty: none

Notes: It previously was a plain +2 armor. If you have a better suggestion let me know.

Karajah's Armor +2
Equipped Abilites:
Dexterity: +2 bonus
Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. breath

Armor Class: 6

Notes: I've reduced its enchantment lvl by 1, while adding DEX and reflex based saves bonus to fit its lore.

Skin of the Forest +3
Equipped Abilities:
Barkskin: wielder's skin becames as tough as bark, increasing its Armor Class by 4
Armor Class: 5

Notes: It replaces vanilla's Night's Gift +5 which was a plain +5 armor with a bonus to hide in shadows just like Shadow Armor. Its new Barkskin effect makes its actual base AC identical to both vanilla's spell when fully developed (AC 1) or SR's Barkskin (+4 AC bonus on top of its base AC 5 = AC 1). Obviously I've made it not stack with SR's Barkskin.

Human Flesh +4
Equipped Abilities:
Saving Throws: +2 bonus
Magic Resistance: +20% bonus

Armor Class: 4

Notes: I'm still undecided about it. I've only slightly nerfed it, but it still is the most enchanted light armor.

Grandmaster's Armor +5
Equipped Abilities:
Haste: wearer's movement rate is doubled, he gains an additional attack per round, +1 bonus to attack rolls, armor class and saves vs. breath
Armor Class: 3

Notes: I've extended its original concept (it granted double movement rate only), and made it clearly stands out as the perfect armor for any rogue-like character.

Studded Leathers

Orc Leather +2
Equipped Abilities:
Charisma: -1 penalty
Physical Damage Resistance: +10% bonus
Armor Class: 5
Arcane Spell Failure: 15%
Thieving Skills Penalty: 20%

Notes: I've lowered its enchantment lvl by 1 but physical resistance has been extended from missile damage to all weapon type. This armor might actually be less appealing than before for most classes (AC generally is more important than physical res, even more so for characters with mid-low hit vitality) but it now has huge potential for barbarians, especially when used with other items which boost physical resistance.

Shadow Armor +3
Equipped Abilities:
Shadow Armor: allows arcane spellcasting without penalties, and grants +10% bonus to hide in shadows
Arcane Spell Failure: none

Notes: its original wearer is a mage/thief who previously couldn't use spells because of his armor. :)

Armor of Missile Attraction +3
*CURSED*
Equipped Abilities:
Missile Attraction: -10 penalty to armor class vs. missile, creatures within 20' gain +4 bonus to armor class vs. missile

Notes: I've worked on it, but I've not restored it.

Armor of the Viper +4
Special Abilities (once per day):
Poisonous Cloud
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to poison effects

Notes: previously had -2 penalty to saves vs. death/poison (= useless). Poisonous Cloud is a sort of Cloudkill.

Armor of Deep Night +5
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to backstab
Armor Class: 2

Notes: It previously was a plain +4 studded leather armor.

Hide Armors

Skin of the Ghoul +2
Equipped Abilities:
Charisma: -2 penalty
Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. paralyzation
Stench: living creatures within 10 feet must save vs. death each round or be nauseated, suffering -2 penalty to attack rolls and 25% casting failure rate

Arcane Spell Failure: 20%
Movement Rate Penalty: 10%
Thieving Skills Penalty: 30%

Notes: I've changed it from a leather armor to a hide armor and lowered its enchantment lvl by 1 (still a net +1 to AC compared to vanilla). I've reduced its save bonus by 1, and added the CHR penalty, but I've added a very powerful Stench aura-like effect.

Aeger's Hide +3
Equipped Abilities:
Animal Rage: when the wearer drops below 25% hit points, he gains +2 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and movement rate, but loses control of himself
Elemental Resistance: +10% bonus

Notes: elemental resistance now covers all type of elemental damage (I've added electrical one, but lowered all of them from 15% to 10%). I've also removed immunity to confusion but I added Animal Rage to make it unique. I seriously need player's feedback to make Animal Rage a balanced and interesting feature instead of a nuisance (e.g. should I allow a will save to avoid going out of control?).

Trollhide Armor +4
Equipped Abilities:
Acid Resistance: -25% penalty
Fire Resistance: -25% penalty
Regeneration: wearer regenerates 1 hit point every 3 seconds

Notes: it replaces vanilla's studded leather Armor of Thorns +5. I've made it a hide armor, and granted it the fastest regeneration rate within IR (it matches PnP troll's regeneration rate) but I balanced such a powerful effect with an appropriately themed drawback (troll's vulnerability to fire and acid).

Shadow Dragonhide Armor +5
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to level drain effects
Armor Class: 1

Notes: it previously had acid resistance, but it's a SHADOW dragon, not a BLACK one, thus I gave it an appropriate effect. I've also turned it into a hide armor rather than a studded leather while I've lowered its enchantment lvl by 1. In the end the AC hasn't changed, nor has the encumberance because dragon armors are lighter and thus it still encumbers as a studded leather.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Chain Mails

Mail of the Dead +2
Equipped Abilities:
Saving Throws: +3 bonus vs. death
Arcane Spell Failure: 30%
Dexterity Penalty: 5%
Thieving Skills Penalty: 40%

Notes: I've added the saving throws bonus to make it unique and better reflect its description.

Darkmail +3
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to fear & disease effects

Notes: I think vanilla's 20 fire resistance was banal (not to mention Prismatic Chain already offers it), the slightly changed description allow some freedom to chose the armor's benefits. Any other suggestion is also welcome.

Mithral Chain Mail +4
Dexterity Penalty: none
Movement Rate Penalty: none
Thieving Skills Penalty: 10%

Notes: Drizzt's armor is almost unchanged.

Prismatic Chain +4
Prismatic Explosion: multicolored rays of light flash from the armor, all opponents within 20 feet are affected by one or more rays which have the following effects
Red: 20 fire damage (save vs. breath half)
Orange: 40 acid damage (breath half)
Yellow: 80 electrical damage (breath half)
Green: Death (save vs. poison neg.)
Blue: Polymorph (save vs. polymorph neg.)
Indigo: Feeblemind (save vs. wands neg.)
Violet: Maze (save vs. spell neg.)

Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +15% bonus
Acid Resistance: +15% bonus
Electrical Resistance: +15% bonus
Protection from Spells: Color Spray, Chromatic Orb & Prismatic Spray

Notes: I changed its vanilla's name, Jester's Chain, as it was misleading imo (considering bards cannot wear chain mail while casting spells). I've added a custom Prismatic Spray effect (taking the liberty to better select its effects), and a bunch of abilities related to such spell/concept (elemental resistances and immunity to "color-based" spells).

Crimson Chain +5
Equipped Abilities:
Blood Rage: 5% chance when struck the wearer enrages, gaining +2 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws, but losing control of himself for 5 rounds
Tireless Rage: wearer doesn't become winded at the end of any rage state

Armor Class: 0

Notes: Tireless Rage makes this suit especially tailored for berserker characters (though I've always thought barbarian's rage too should apply a fatigue effect afterward). Blood rage just add some fun, and makes it useful for non-berserker characters.

Elven Chain

Melodic Chain +2
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to silence
Usable By:
Bard

Notes: I've lowered its enchantment lvl by 1 (it's available relatively early) but I've added immunity to silence which seems very appropriate for a bard-only item.

Sylvan Chain +3
Equipped Abilities:
Nature's Blessing: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. unnatural creatures

Notes: I've raised its enchantment lvl by 1 (it's available really late) and added Nature's Blessing ability to make it unique.

Bladesinger Chain +4
Equipped Abilities:
Casting Speed: +1 bonus

Notes: I've added the casting speed factor to make it more unique.

Aslyferund Elven Chain +5
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to non-magical weapons

Notes: slightly more powerful than before, but I never found it overpowered. Considering it's quite hard to obtain, and incredibly expensive, I do think it deserves to be outstanding.

Splint Mails

Armor of Faith +1
Equipped Abilities:
Armor of Faith: +20% physical resistance
Arcane Spell Failure: 40%
Dexterity Penalty: 10%
Movement Rate Penalty: 20%
Thieving Skills Penalty: 50%

Notes: its name clearly hinted the use of the homonymous 1st level priest spell, but I had to lower its enchantment lvl by 2 to "make room" for such a powerful effect. Only cleric protagonists can obtain it, and its effects doesn't stack with the homonymous spell.

Ashen Scales +2
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: I've added the poison immunity to make it unique. Being made of wyvern's scales its lighter than normal splint mails (thus it encumbers like a chain mail) and it's now usable by druids and beast masters.

White Dragon Scale Armor +5
Special Abilities (3 times/day):
Cone of Freezing Cold: inflicts 10d4 + 10 points of cold damage and slows targets for 5 rounds, a successful save vs. breath at -4 halves the damage and negates slowness
Equipped Abilities:
Cold Resistance: +50% bonus
Armor Class: -1

Notes: I've customized its cone of cold effect and lowered its enchantment level by one (it's usable by druids and beast masters). Generally (e.g. within PnP, NWN, ...) dragon hide instead of metal doesn't improve anything but the armor's lightness, but vanilla's White Dragon Armor was an exception and was treated much like a Mithral Chain Mail. I kept this feature intact and thus the armor behaves as Ashen Scales armor does, both in terms of usability and encumberance. Edited by Demivrgvs

Plate Mails

Ankheg Plate Mail +2
Equipped Abilities:
Acid Resistance: +25% bonus

Notes: I've added acid resistance to make it unique. Also note that this armor encumbers less than other heavy armors, and is usable by druids.

Radiant Plate +2
Equipped Abilities:
Protection from Evil: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. evil creatures
Thieving Skills Penalty: 60%

Notes: This was the golden plate +3 found in Durlag's tower, and unused in BG2. Its glowing gold light suggested something against creatures of the dark (undead, drow, ...) or something that relates to valor and virtue. I've lowered its enchantment lvl by 1 while adding Protection from Evil.

Delver's Plate +2
Equipped Abilities:
Magic Damage Resistance: +50% bonus

Notes: I've replaced the common "saving throws bonus" with high resistance against magic damage (aka Magic Missile, Skull Trap, Horrid Wilting, etc.).

Doomplate +3
Equipped Abilities:
Aura of Despair: opponents within 10 feet suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls and saving throws
Luck: -1 penalty (-5% for skills)

Notes: It was a plain +3 plate mail. Both abilities are suggested by its background.

Deep Guardian's Plate +4
Equipped Abilities:
Spell Level Immunity: 1st and 2nd level spells are unable to affect the wearer

Notes: replaces Gorgon's Plate found on Ardulace's corpse. I've borrowed its long description from NWN but I've changed spell resistance to try something different.

Red Dragonplate Armor +5
Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +50% bonus
Armor Class: -2

Notes: I've raised its enchantment bonus to match all the other Dragon Armors, which all have the maximum enchantment level. Still something more "special" wouldn't hurt.

Shuruppak's Plate +5
Equipped Abilities:
Free Action: the wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that limits his mobility in any way
Arcane Spell Failure: 0%

Notes: at the moment I've only made it a mithral highly enchanted plate, with Free Action to make it unique. It may be even better to replace it with something entirely different, especially considering I'm almost sure it's not canon that Shuruppak has ever wore something heavier than his black robe, and probably this armor never existed in PnP Forgotten Realms. Any suggestion?

Full Plate Mails

Mithral Field Plate +2

Notes: there are two of them, one is Bruenor's Armor (which should be left unchanged) and the other one is actually unused both in BG1 and BG2. The latter can be completely changed if needed.

Pride of the Order +2
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to berserk & confusion effects
Protection from Chaos: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. chaotic creatures

Arcane Spell Failure: 50%
Dexterity Penalty: 15%
Movement Rate Penalty: 30%
Thieving Skills Penalty: 70%

Notes: previously a plain full plate armor +2.

Plate of Balduran +2
Equipped Abilities:
Charisma: +1 bonus
Maximum Hit Points: +5 bonus
Magic Resistance: +5% bonus

Thieving Skills Penalty: 80%

Notes: I've added a small amount of magic resistance to fit the theme of Balduran set.

Casiel's Soul +3
Equipped Abilities:
Death Armor: any living creature who strikes the wearer in melee suffers 1d4+2 points of cold damage
Immunity to level drain effects
Spell Immunity: Necromancy

Not Usable By:
Good-aligned characters

Notes: "replaces" Armor of the Hart on Demon Knight's corpse in the Underdark Demogorgon's temple, which previously was a plain full plate +3. Armor of the Hart should be a paladin like armor, it's unfair having it equipped by a Death Knight, and that to obtain it your party has to sacrifice a creature to Demogorgon! :blush: Spell Immunity isn't so great as it seems because though it protects from some of the nasties spells (Horrid Wilting, Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee), it also makes the wearer "immune" to friendly healing and curative spells (cure wounds, poison, disease, ...).

Armor of the Hart +3
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to fear effects
Heroic Inspiration: when the wearer drops below 50% hit points, he gains +2 bonus to hit, damage, and saving throws

Armor Class: -3

Notes: it replaces the cursed plate +5 sold by Ribald when you return from the Underdark. Who the hell would BUY a cursed weakening plate?!! :)

Enkidu's Armor +4
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to backstab

Armor Class: -3

Notes: I've only raised its enchantment level by one and replaced 5% magic resistance (used by Balduran set) with +1 to all saves.

Blue Dragonplate Armor +5
Equipped Abilities:
Electrical Resistance: +50%
Armor Class: -4

Notes: I've raised its enchantment bonus to match all the other Dragon Armors, which all have the maximum enchantment level. Still something more "special" wouldn't hurt. Edited by Demivrgvs

Helmets

Helm of Defense
Equipped Abilities:
Armor Class Bonus: 1

Notes: I've removed elemental resistances but the helm now have a +1 to AC as all magical helmets within IR.

Kiel's Helmet
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to fear effects

Notes: unchanged (except the standardized +1 to AC).

Helm of Charm Protection
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to charm effects

Notes: unchanged (except the standardized +1 to AC). Now use the plumed helm bam/animation.

Watcher's Helm
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to blindness & deafness

Notes: replaces Helm of Infravision which was quite useless.

Helm of Glory
Equipped Abilities:
Blessing: wearer is under the effects of a Bless spell, which raises morale by 1, and grants +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls

Notes: the AC bonus was already there, I've added the blessing ability (its effects may be changed if needed). Now uses BG1 golden and winged helm bam.

Helm of Darkness
Equipped Abilities:
Blessing: wearer is under the effects of a Bless spell, which raises morale by 1, and grants +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls

Notes: replaces the unused Helm of Opposite Alignment (neither BG1 nor BG2 used it). It's the evil version of the Helm of Glory, and uses a black winged helm animation (for players who'd like to create a black knight :):blush: ).

Helm of Balduran
Equipped Abilities:
Magic Resistance: +5% bonus

Notes: I've simply replaced +1 to all saves with 5% magic resistance to fit the theme of Balduran set. Now uses BG2 vanilla's Helm of Glory bam (the white horned one) in order to make it different from Kiel's Helmet.

Dragon Helm
Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +20% bonus
Immunity to sleep & unconsciousness

Notes: it previously granted various elemental resistances (setting them instead of raising them), but it has been revised to work best when used together with the Red Dragon Scale Shield (helm and shield together grant immunity to wing buffet) and the Red Dragonplate Armor (the whole set together grants complete immunity to fire and Dragon's Breath spell).

Skull of Death
Gaze of Death: target must save vs. death or die
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to death effects

Notes: I've added immunity to death effects (a lesser version of Death Ward because the spell would also protects from effects like Disintegration and Petrification). I've also replaced Death Spell with a Gaze of Death (a sort of lesser Finger of Death) which is more appropriate to the item's background/description.

Helm of Brilliance
Fireball
False Dawn
Prismatic Spray

Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +40% bonus

Notes: mostly unchanged, though Sunray has been replaced by False Dawn. PnP's version has a nasty aura that deals damage to undead creatures and adds fire damage to melee weapons. Probably it would be too powerful with those abilities but I'm thinking about using them somewhere. This helm now glows with a bright light (the same used by the Armor of the Hart).

Shadow Veil
Special Abilities (onces per day):
Simulacrum
Equipped Abilities:
Darkvision
Cold Resistance: +40% bonus

Notes: I've changed vanilla's name, Vhailor's Helm, because I needed to find a theme for this item (and I opted for a shadow/illusion related one to keep vanilla's Simulacrum ability). I know its while equipped abilities aren't great by the time you get it, but are mostly there to fit the theme. Furthermore I've replaced the bam it shared with the Skull of Death with a new one "stolen" from IWD.

Roranach's Horn
Equipped Abilities:
Physical Resistance: +10% bonus

Notes: it previously granted +50% resistance to crushing damage (which was very exploitable imo). It isn't used to forge the improved Staff of the Ram anymore (Ring of the Ram is used instead).

Thieves' Hood
Equipped Abilities:
Non-detection
Armor Class Bonus: None

Notes: in vanilla it was a non-magical recipient to create its improved version. As I've done with the Bard's Gloves I've slightly enhanced it (adding non-detection) because a non-magical hood in Amn wouldn't be so rare! :)

Master Thief's Hood
Special Abilities (three times per day):
Improved Invisibility
Equipped Abilities:
Non-detection

Notes: The improved version now uses a slightly different name. I replaced True Seeing with Improved Invisibility for various reasons, but the fact that the Ring of Invisibility is used to forge this upgrade is more than enough imo. Immunity to backstab (already granted by too many other sources) has been replaced by non-detection, which also happens to have great synergy with the new x/day ability.

Helm of the Rock
Equipped Abilities:
Elemental Resistance: +15% bonus
Usable By:
Fighter

Notes: Almost unchanged.

Horned Helm of the Rock
Gaze of Despair: target must save vs. spell or be paralyzed by fear for 2 rounds
Equipped Abilities:
Elemental Resistance: +25% bonus
Usable By:
Fighter

Notes: The improved version now uses a slightly different name. Almost unchanged, but Aura of Command (pratically a single use Cloak of Fear) has been replaced by Gaze of Despair.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Robes

Robe of Cold Resistance

Equipped Abilities:

Cold Resistance: +40% bonus

Notes: I've redistribuited vanilla's bams to have more appropriate colors for robes of elemental resistance (fire-red, cold-white, electric-blue, acid-green), while I've imported BG1 bams for the other robes and together with 1PP paperdolls they now look much better imo (bams, paperdolls and avatars now correctly match one another). Other than that, all elemental robes now grants a much higher resistance bonus because they previously were pretty much useless while I'd like them to be somewhat appealing even within BG2.

Robe of Fire Resistance

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +40% bonus

Notes: see above.

Robe of Electrical Resistance

Equipped Abilities:

Electrical Resistance: +40% bonus

Robe of Acid Resistance

Equipped Abilities:

Acid Resistance: +40% bonus

Notes: replaces a previously unused robe.

Knave's Robe

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to backstab

Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. poison

Notes: An improved version of the original concept.

Traveler's Robe

Equipped Abilities:

Movement Rate: +2 bonus

Armor Class: +2 bonus vs. missiles

Notes: As above, I've tried to keep the original concept while making it more appealing/effective.

Adventurer's Robe

Equipped Abilities:

Physical Damage Resistance: +10%

Notes: I've borrowed from NWN both item's description and equipped effect, though I'm not sure how much physical resistance is appealing for a mage. Any better suggestion?

Robe of the Weave

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +20% bonus

Notes: it replaces vanilla's Robe of the Good Archmagi, and it isn't restricted by alignment anymore.

Robe of the Battlemage

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: +2 bonus

Armor Class: +2 bonus

Maximum Hit Points: +10 bonus

Notes: it replaces vanilla's Robe of the Neutral Archmagi, and it isn't restricted by alignment anymore.

Robe of Arcane Might

Equipped Abilities:

Caster Level: +2 bonus

Magic Damage Resistance: +20% bonus

Notes: it replaces vanilla's Robe of the Evil Archmagi, and it isn't restricted by alignment anymore.

Robe of Larloch

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +1 bonus

Casting speed: +2 bonus

Magic Resistance: +10% bonus

Notes: it "replaces" the Robe of Vecna. I've changed the name in order to give the item a deserved background (again borrowed from NWN) and because Larloch is one of the most famous creatures in the Realms, whereas Vecna shouldn't even exist in the world of Toril. It doesn't set AC to 5 anymore (bracers fill that role) but I've replaced such effect with +1 to AC and saves. Most importantly I've reduced the casting speed bonus by 2. It still is the most powerful robe without being clearly overpowered. Last but not not least, I've obviously removed the original bizarre colors in favor of a more appropriate black/brown palette.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Bucklers

Bucklers now use BG1 bams and the wonderful 1PP animations which finally make them appear as bucklers instead of small triangular shields.

Reflection Shield +1
Equipped Abilities:
Physical Mirror: reflects missile weapons back to their user
Armor Class: +2 bonus (none vs. missile)

Notes: I've turned Reflection Shield from a small shield to a buckler (vanilla BG2 had not even a single unique magical buckler). The ironic but cool thing imo is that its special property completely offset buckler's weakness against missiles.

Kiel's Buckler +2
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to hold & stun effects
Armor Class: +3 bonus (none vs. missile)

Notes: previously non-magical, which was odd considering it gave a magical dexterity bonus. I've replaced +1 DEX with immunity to hold and stun, to make it go along with Kiel's Morning Star (immunity to charm and confusion) and Kiel's Helmet (immunity to fear).

Small Shields

Shield of Harmony +2
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to charm & confusion effects
Armor Class: +3 bonus

Notes: almost unchanged but I've removed immunity to hold (it still has charm and confusion) and restored BG2-like animation and bams.

Nature's Ward +2
Equipped Abilities:
Nature's Blessing: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. unnatural creatures
Armor Class: +3 bonus

Notes: this new small shield replaces vanilla's Shield of the Lost and uses vanilla's Shield of Reflection icons/animations. It's a druid-oriented item that should perform extremely well for almost the entire game because almost any non-humanoid or non-animal opponent you're going to face is considered "unnatural" (e.g. monsters, undead, demons, etc.).

Saving Grace +3
Equipped Abilities:
Searing Light: all who strike the wearer in melee must save vs. spell or be blinded for 1 round, undead creatures also suffer 2d6 points of damage
Armor Class: +4 bonus

Notes: It previously was a plain medium shield +3. I've turned it into a small shield using V2's Small Shield +1 bam (the rounded one with the bronze, almost golden color), and I've made its color palette match Radiant Armor and Helm of Glory (the "Radiant Set"). The entire set now has a glowing effect which is not visible during the day, but make them emanate light during the night. Within V2 it granted +2 AC/saves vs undead creatures, which I've replaced with a more unique Searing Light effect.

Medium Shields

Dragon Scale Shield +2
Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +30% bonus
Force Absorbing: wielder is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that pushes him away

Notes: it previously set fire, cold and electrical resistance to 25%. It now grants +30% fire resistance, making it shine if the entire Red Dragon set is used. It still has V2's Hold the Line effect but I've renamed it Force Absorbing (it protects from wing buffets, telekinesis, and similar effects), let me know if you prefer the old name or you have a better one.

Shield of Balduran +2
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: Ardanis and I come up with a twisted solution. This shield replaces vanilla's Sentinel, and is identical to V2's Shield of the Lost (bams, animation, and while equipped 10% mr bonus) to make it a good complementary item for the Balduran Set (all of its items have magic resistance). At the same time I've renamed the old Shield of Balduran into Mirror Shield.

Don't worry, any mod AI will still detect the correct Shield of Cheese, thus SCS beholders will try to use telekinesis against the Mirror Shield, and not against the Shield of Balduran.

Mirror Shield +3
Equipped Abilities:
Deflects rays and gaze attacks
Armor Class: +5 bonus

Notes: it "replaces" vanilla's Shield of Balduran. I've worked on its animation and color palette to make it look as mirror looking as possible (with a brilliant white color). The major balance change is that instead of reflecting beholder's rays it "only" deflects them. In an effort to make it good in more circumstances than just beholder encounters it now deflects all gaze attacks (e.g. vampire's dominating gaze) and ray attacks (e.g. Ray of Enfeeblement, Scorching Ray, RRoR and Prismatic Spray).

Shield of the Order +4
Equipped Abilities:
Protection from Demons: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. demonic creatures
Memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th
Armor Class: +6 bonus
Usable By:
Cleric
Paladin

Notes: vanilla's +1 to saves has been replaced by Protection from Demons (demonic creatures include fallen celestials too), and I've opted to make it grant one additional paladin/cleric spell slot from 1st to 4th lvl, though better ideas would be welcome.

Large Shields

Shield of the Falling Stars +1
Equipped Abilities:
Shield Others: allies within 5 feet gain +2 bonus to armor class

THAC0: -2 penalty
Armor Class: +4 bonus (+2 vs missiles)

Notes: I removed vanilla's +4 bonus to AC vs. missiles in favor of the new abilities inspired by its description. On a side note, I'd like to find a better name for this item.

Dwarven Large Shield +2
Equipped Abilities:
Armor Class: +5 bonus (+2 vs missiles)

Notes: I kept V2's name, but I can easily change it if we have a better one in mind. I needed something for this unique shield, but at the same time it had to be a small +1 enhancement bonus because this is a BG1 shield, and I ended up moving here SotO's +1 to all saves. It fits both its dwarven origin (dwarves have innate save bonuses) and paladin's background (paladins get +2 to all saves). It makes it a relatively generic but very effective shield for anyone in the early/mid-game, and particularly effective if used by dwarves or paladins.

Fortress Shield +3
Equipped Abilities:
Armor Class: +6 bonus (+2 vs missiles)

Notes: I've added resistance to physical damage. A tank character using this shield really is a fortress now! :) Mind you, KR will make Barbarians not use tower shields as per PnP.

Darksteel Shield +4
Equipped Abilities:
Elemental Resistance: +20% bonus
Armor Class: +7 bonus (+2 vs missiles)

Notes: it previously granted +10% resistance to fire, cold, acid and poison. I've increased the overall level of resistance and changed poison one into acid.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Amulets

Silver Amulet
Equipped Abilities:
Silver Glow: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. shapeshifters and vampires

Notes: replaces Wolfsbane Charm. It previoulsy granted +1 to thac0 and damage vs. lycantrophes, but I think that defensive abilities are more appropriate for an amulet, not to mention that thac0 bonuses vs. creature type don't stack, therefore the previous bonus was useless if the character already had a similar bonus (e.g. from Flametongue, BG1's Sword of Balduran, Werebane, ...).

Shield Amulet
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: I prefer a permanent +2 bonus to armor class while equipped because else the amulet ends up being a wand rather than part of the wielder's equipment.

Periapt of Proof Against Poison
Cure Poison
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: unchanged.

Amulet of Metaspell Influence
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to silence

Notes: it previously allowed to memorize one more 2nd level spell to arcane casters. It now simulates PnP's quicken spell and silent spell metamagic feats. It should be more way useful throughout the whole game now, and it's usable by both arcane and divine casters.

Amulet of Magic Shielding
Equipped Abilities:
Energy Resistance: +10% bonus

Notes: replaces Amulet of +5% Magic Resistance. Two others amulet did that and even more making it useless very soon imo. The effects are obvioulsy inspired by the Potion of Magic Shielding.

Amulet of Spell Warding
Spell Deflection
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: It now grants +2 to all saves, while retaining v2's Spell Turning ability (once/day).

Kaligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance
Magic Resistance
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: I've only added the ability to cast the 5th level spell once per day. It should make it more interesting and I didn't want this amulet to be a lesser version of the Seldarine's Amulet.

Periapt of Life Protection
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to death & level drain effects

Notes: it previously granted +3 to saves vs. death. The new effects are still appropriate (especially with the improved background) and party's saving throws are already too good compared to enemie's ones imo.

Necklace of Form Stability
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to disintegration, petrification & polymorph effects

Notes: it previoulsy granted +5 to saves vs. polymorph/petrification. It still does what it should have done before, but it works better imo because many spell-like abilities that simulate/use disintegrate and petrification don't allow a save vs. polymorph (e.g beholder's ray use a save vs. spell), and it should be more user-friendly allowing a character to be immune to annoying romance/loot breaking deaths.

Amulet of Power
Equipped Abilities:
Arcane and divine casters can memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th

Notes: I know this is a very radical change and I've to explain the reasons behind it. Most of its effects are now granted by other amulets (Metaspell Influence's vocalize and casting speed, Periapt of Life Protection's immunity to level drain) and magic resistance is granted by many other items (including two amulets). Last but not least, it's now much more similar to both PnP and NWN versions.

Greenstone Amulet
Equipped Abilities:
Mind Shield: confers protection against many forms of mind-control magic, such as charm, confusion, domination, fear, feeblemind, hold, sleep, stun, and psionics

Notes: changed from a charge-based item to an item which must be equipped to work. In 3rd edition Magic of Faerun book the Mind Shield effect is permanent, while in AD&D the protection could wear-off and slowly recharge itself. If we opted for the latter I would have replaced the x charges system with a once/day usability, still preventing the exploit of using a single amulet to protect the entire party, but I opted for 3E-like soultion because I don't want amulets to work as wands.
This has turned the item from a situational but heavily exploitable item into an extremely powerful amulet, but it won't be a free loot in the beholder's dungeon anymore: it's a very expensive item (10000-15000gp) sold within the drow city.

Amulet of Seldarine
Equipped Abilities:
Protection from Evil: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. evil creatures

Notes: I've replaced +1 to saves with Protection from Evil (which pratically is a +2 to saves and AC in BG, because 80% of your enemies are evil), and v2's +1 WIS with +1 CHR. I'd like to replace magic resistance with something more unique (especially because it makes the Amulet of Magic Resistance almost redundant), but for now I'll live with its current implementation, which still makes it the more heavily enchanted amulet in the game together with Amulet of Power and Greenstone Amulet.

Amulet of Cheetah Speed
Improved Haste
Equipped Abilities:
Dexterity: +1 bonus
Attack Speed: +2 bonus
Movement Rate: +2 bonus

Notes: I've added quite a few effects because it completely lacked "while equipped" utility. It should be more interesting now (vanilla's version was quite useless considering how late you get it) and it also got a much deserved background.

Amulet of the Master
Equipped Abilities:
Lore: +10 bonus
Find Traps: +20% bonus
Pick Locks: +20% bonus
Detect Illusions: +20% bonus
Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. spell

Notes: I've added lore, detect illusions and saves bonuses, but I've removed immunity to silence (already granted by another amulet) and I've reduced its +3 bonus to AC (way too much) to only +1.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Belts/Girdles

Golden Girdle

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +4 bonus vs. slashing weapons

Notes: raised the bonus by one to match the Girdle of Bluntness.

Girdle of Piercing

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +4 bonus vs. piercing weapons

Notes: It now grants +4 AC vs piercing weapons, instead of +3 vs piercing weapons and missiles.

Girdle of Bluntness

Equipped Abilities:

Armor Class: +4 bonus vs. crushing weapons

Girdle of Trollish Fortitude

Regeneration: 1hp/sec (1 turn)

Equipped Abilities:

Hit Points: +20 bonus

Notes: "replaces" Girdle of Fortitude, which could temporarily increase constitution to 18 for 8 hours. It now grants +20 hit points instead of V2'a +2 CON. I'm the first who'd prefer to use CON bonus for uniqueness, but I really can't bear the "infinite healing via re-equip" issue it causes. The good thing is that this belt will now be uber-useful to weak characters such as Aerie and Viconia, and a rather interesting/powerful alternative to the "common" strength-enhancing girdles.

Girdle of Beatification

Equipped Abilities:

Blessing: wearer is under the effect of a Bless spell

Werarer is immune to the negative effects of Doom, Chant, or similar spells

Notes: replaces the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength. It now grants a permanent Bless (+1 to attack rolls, damage rolls, and morale) instead of V2's +2 STR, making it as useful as before for characters with STR 15-16, much more useful for characters with STR <15, less powerful for those with STR 17-18; and still usefull for characters with STR 19+. To make it more appealing and unique I've also made it grant protection from Doom (including IR's Dooming ability of some weapons) as well as the negative effects of Chant, and aVENGER's Curse (which is the reverse of Bless).

Girdle of Priestly Might

Equipped Abilities:

Strength: +2 bonus

Notes: "replaces" vanilla's Girdle of Stone Giant Strength (which was setting STR to 20). Should I add a once/day use of Draw Upon Divine Might?

Girdle of Giant Strength

Equipped Abilities:

Strength: +3 bonus

Notes: "replaces" vanilla's Girdle of Frost Giant Strength (which was setting STR to 21). I've removed the "Frost" part because it made no sense for an "ice-related" item to be used to forge Crom Faeyr (it's the only girdle of giant strength now).

Girdle of the Champion

Equipped Abilities:

Strength: +3 bonus

Immunity to fear effects

Notes: "replaces" vanilla's Girdle of Fire Giant Strength (which was setting STR to 22). Any better suggestion?

Belt of Inertial Barrier

Equipped Abilities:

Saving Throws: +3 bonus vs. breath

Missile Damage Resistance: +20% bonus

Inertial Barrier: opponents within 10 feet must save vs. breath each round or be slowed

Notes: I've removed the magic damage resistance (it didn't make sense imo), reduced the bonus to breath saves by 2, and the missile resistance by 5%. The new aura-like effect (actually inspired by PnP version of this girdle) should be quite unique and much more appropriate, though it has to be tested for balancing purposes (player's feedback is crucial here). To make it work in a smoother way the slow effect is applied every second instead of every round (else opponents could sometimes be able to approach and attack the wearer before having to make the first save), but they still have to save only once per round.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Boots

Boots of Speed
Equipped Abilities:
Movement rate: +5 bonus

Notes: I've halved the movement rate bonus but it now stacks with every other bonus and it's not prevented by Free Action anymore. What about adding Haste once per day?

Boots of Stealth
Equipped Abilities:
Move Silently: +40% bonus

Notes: I've restored vanilla's lore and removed V2's immunity to web because a lot of players considered them overpowered for BG1. They grant +40% to move silently instead of 20% to both hide and move, but the end result in terms of gameplay is exactly the same.

Boots of the North
Equipped Abilities:
Cold Resistance: +50% bonus

Boots of Grounding
Equipped Abilities:
Electrical Resistance: +50% bonus

Boots of Avoidance
Equipped Abilities:
Armor Class: +4 bonus vs. missile

Boots of Elvenkind
Equipped Abilities:
Move Silently: +20% bonus

Protection from Spell: Entangle

Notes: I've added dexterity bonus and immunity to Entagle in an effort to differentiate them from the Boots of Stealth.

Boots of Phasing
*CURSED*
Equipped Abilities:
Blink: when enemies are on sight the wearer phases to a random opponent every 2 rounds

Notes: Previously unused. I've slowed down the rate at which the phasing effect takes place.

Boots of Etherealness
Etherealness: wearer becomes ethereal for 5 rounds. While in this state he is immune to normal and magical weapons, has 100% magic resistance and completely invisible. Anyway he is also unable to attack or cast spell.
Equipped Abilities:
Dimensional Anchor: wearer is unaffected by Teleport Field, Maze, Imprisonment and similar effects

Notes: Vanilla's Etherealness had nothing to do with its PnP version. It simply granted immunity to normal weapons while I've tried to make it slightly more interesting. Then I've slightly modified the lore to fit the new Dimensional Anchor equipped ability. Note that the boots will protect from the "banishing-like" effects of Demi-lich's Soul Trap (but not from its level drain effects added by SCS and/or SR), while it grants immunity to the "dimensional trap-room" effect of SR's Shadow Door.

Gargoyle Boots
Special Abilities (twice per day):
Stoneskin (5 skins, 1 turn)
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to backstab

Notes: mostly unchanged for now, I've only raised the number of skins granted by the spell from 2 to 5. Personally I don't like too much the immunity to backstab on these boots, I think something like increased AC and or physical resistance would suit it better. Any suggestion?

There are still two unused pair of boots and the Boot of Lightning Speed but they're far from being a priority of mine. If you have any suggestion even regarding the boots I've not changed feel free to post your opinion in an appropriate topic.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Bracers/Gauntlets

Gloves of the Rogue

Equipped Abilities:

Lockpicking: +15% bonus

Pick Pockets: +15% bonus

Set Traps: +15% bonus

Precise Strike: +5% chance to score critical hits

Notes: "replace" Gloves of Pickpocketing. They now use a completely new lore to better justify its abilities.

Gauntlets of Healing

Lay on Hands

Equipped Abilities:

Regeneration: 1 hp every 18 seconds

Usable By:

Cleric

Paladin

Notes: Cure Poison has been replaced by a once/day use of Lay on Hands (cures 2hp x character level), and I've added a small regeneration bonus to give it at least one equipped effect. I've made them usable by all paladin kits to fix a compatibility issue with Refinements.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Equipped Abilities:

Strength: +2 bonus (+100 exceptional)

Notes: previously set strength to 18/00, should I nerf it to +1 (+100 exceptional)?

Gauntlets of Dexterity

Equipped Abilities:

Dexterity: +2 bonus

Notes: previously set dexterity to 18. I'm thinking about adding somethink to it, like granting ++ to two weapon style while equipped but I think they are alredy quite good for now.

Gloves of Missile Snaring

Equipped Abilities:

Off-Hand THAC0: -20 penalty

Deflect Arrows: deflects ranged weapons

Requires: 15 Dexterity

Usable by:

Bard

Thief

Monk

Notes: I've drastically improved them while keeping the original concept (which was +2 AC vs. missile weapons). I've made them usable only by bards, monks and thieves (single class only) for balance, technical and concept reasons.

Bracers of Archery

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: +2 bonus (missile weapons only)

Damage: +1 bonus (missile weapons only)

Notes: added +1 to damage.

Gauntlets of Parrying

Equipped Abilities:

Parry: +1 bonus to AC (none vs. missile)

Notes: "replaces" the Gauntlets of Weapon Skill. They now grant +1 to AC instead of +1 to THAC0.

Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: +1 bonus (melee weapons only)

Damage: +2 bonus (melee weapons only)

Notes: Due to the issue mentioned by yarpen I cannot implement what I previously did (specialization in melee weapons), and I've opted to make it work again similarly to vanilla, but limiting the bonuses (+1 hit, +2 dmg) to melee weapons only (as per description but never implemented).

Gauntlets of Weapon Mastery

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: +1 bonus

Attack Speed: +2 bonus

Attacks per Round: +1/2 bonus

Notes: Previously named Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization. I've replaced +2 damage with +2 speed factor bonus - matching Mastery bonuses from the Revised Grandmastery table. It now uses a much better bam.

Gauntlets of Crushing

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: +4 bonus (fists only)

Damage: +4 bonus (fists only)

Notes: unchanged. I've only though about adding a +X damage vs. golems, but I think they are ok.

Bracers of Blinding Strike

Improved Haste (3 rounds)

Notes: now they're are also treated as Bracers of Defense which makes them much more valuable imo.

Paladin's Bracer

Equipped Abilities:

Usable By:

Paladin

Notes: previously they only granted +10 to max hp, now they simulate a permanent Aid Spell. Some players suggest to make them usable by good clerics too, I think it's reasonable and I may do it for V2.

Blessed Bracers

Special Abilities (once per day)

Resurrection

Righteous Magic

Equipped Abilities:

Usable By:

Paladin

Notes: THAC0 and saves bonuses are the new entries, and I've replaced Cure Critical Wounds with Righteous Magic because it seems more approriate to the description. They are quite powerful, but previously they were quite useless and I want them to be a worth alternative to the Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization (which still remain the best Bracers/Gauntlets imo).

Bard's Gloves

Equipped Abilities:

Wearer can memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th

Usable By:

Bard

Notes: previously unenchanted, they now are a weaker version of the Wondrous Gloves.

Wondrous Gloves

Equipped Abilities:

Wearer can memorize one extra spell of each level from 1st to 4th

Usable By:

Bard

Notes: I've "only" replaced +1 to THAC0 with +1 to Casting Speed, I know it's a pretty powerful effect but I think a little incentive to an underused class like the Bard won't hurt, am I wrong?

Bands of Focus

Equipped Abilities:

Usable By:

True Fighter

Kensai

Monk

Notes: replace Tzu Zan's Bracers (usable only by Monks) which granted +10 max hp and +1 to AC. They now are the best Bracers of Defense in-game but you get them pratically at the end of the game, and they deserve to be powerful (and a really extensive background too! :thumbsup:).

Gauntlets of Might

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: -4 penalty

Srength: +3 bonus

Dexterity: -2 penalty

Notes: they "replace" the useless cursed Gauntlets of Fumbling. An attempt to make cursed items at least somewhat appealing.

Bracers of Speed

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: -4 penalty

Attacks per Round: +1 bonus

Exhausting: each hit has 5% chance to let the wearer fatigued for 5 rounds

Notes: they "replace" the useless cursed Bracers of Binding. An attempt to make cursed items at least somewhat appealing. Fatigue effect uses my standard dvwinded.spl file used by SR spells too, which causes -2 penalty to hit/dmg and AC, as well as +2 penalty to casting speed.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Cloaks

Algernon's Cloak

Equipped Abilities:

Notes: mostly unchanged. Anyway I think something have to be done with it cause right now it's a mere copy of the Nymph Cloak with a different name.

Cloak of the Shield

Equipped Abilities:

Protection from Spell: Magic Missile

Armor Class: 5 (+2 vs. missile)

Notes: instead of casting Shield Spell it has a permanent effect. I've made it for monks who favor Gauntlets of Crushing over a pair of Bracers of Defense, and even mages and kensai can quite benefit from it. I previously made it add +2 to AC instead of setting it to 5, but it would now be a copy the Cloak of Displacement.

Cloak of Non-detection

Equipped Abilities:

Non-detection

Cloak of Displacement

Equipped Abilities:

Displacement: opponents suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls when fighting the wearer with melee weapons, -4 with ranged ones

Notes: previously granted +3 AC vs. missile and +3 bonus to save vs. breath. Due to technical issues I've made it more "simple" than its V2 version, though it still is almost identical to its AD&D PnP version (it only miss the "first hit always misses" feature). Note that unlike the "classic" AC bonus this cloak's effects are not affected by the hardcoded minimum AC cap.

Nymph Cloak

Blinding Beauty: opponents within 15 feet must save vs. spell or being blinded for 1 turn

Equipped Abilities:

Charisma: +2 bonus

Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs. spell

Notes: I've replaced Charm (which made this item identical to Ring of Human influence) with Blinding Beauty, and added a bonus to saves vs. mind affecting effects to make it appealing as something more than a "wear to go shopping" item. Any suggestion?

Cloak of the Wolf

Polymorph Self (Werewolf)

Equipped Abilities:

Regeneration: 1 hp every 12 seconds

Notes: the description suggests Polymorph (werewolf) instead of a normal wolf and I think it makes the item much more interesting. It didn't have a single 'while equipped' effect, and I've opted for a "moderate" regeneration rate.

Werewolf

STR 19, DEX 16, CON 15, AC 1, THAC0 7, Attacks per Round 2, 1D8+7 slashing damage (Pawns +2)

Regeneration: 2 hp/round, Magic Resistance: 20%

Cloak of the Sewers

Special Ability (once a day):

Polymorph Self (rat, troll, or mustard jelly)

Equipped Abilities:

Charisma: -1 penalty

Immunity to disease effects

Notes: Mustard jelly form has been hugely revised (more similar to PnP now), while I the rat form still needs some (non PnP) improvement to be appealing imo, and I've removed the Troll form (moved to a more appropriate item). I've also added immunity to disease effects (including SR's Stinking Cloud and ghast's stench) and a small charisma penalty.

Rat

STR 9, DEX 18, CON 9, AC 0, THAC0 15, Attacks per Round 1, 1D2 + Disease (Bite +0)

Physical Damage Resistance: 90%

Mustard Jelly

STR 14, DEX 9, CON 16, AC 4, THAC0 10, Attacks per Round 1, 5D5 acid damage (acidic pseudopod +2, range 20 feet)

On Hit: target must save vs. polymorph or being slowed for 2 rounds

Immunity to backstab and non-magical weapons

Immunity to charm, confusion, hold, poison & stun effects

Magic Resistance 10%, Electrical Resistance 100%, Cold Resistance 50%

Nature's Vengeance

Special Abilities:

Retribution: any who strikes the wearer in melee suffers 5 points of electrical damage

Notes: replaces the Cloak of the Stars.

Stormlord's Cloak

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +25% bonus

Cold Resistance: +25% bonus

Electrical Resistance: +25% bonus

Notes: replaces the cloak of reflection. It now has a really extensive background which ties it to its whereabouts.

Cloak of Elvenkind

Equipped Abilities:

Hide In Shadows: +50% bonus

Fade Away: 10% chance to turn invisible when struck by either a spell or a weapon

Notes: I've added Fade Away ability to make it more interesting.

Cloak of Bravery

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to fear effects

Maximum Hit Points: +10% bonus

Usable By:

Evil-aligned Characters

Notes: It now works similarly to PnP Heroism spell, granting immunity to fear, +10 hit points and +2 to thac0. In theory it should also grant +2 to damage, but I'd go for it only if we make it work as a non-stackable "bless" bonus.

Cloak of Balduran

Equipped Abilities:

Notes: Magic Resistance has been toned down a lot. In BG1's 25% magic resistance affected even friendly spells, a drawback which is missing in BG2 and makes vanilla's cloak way too powerful imo.

Cloak of Mirroring

Equipped Abilities:

Reflected Image: 50% miss chance

Notes: completely changed. I do like the new concept and it should be much less exploitable, but it still remains the most powerful cloak in the game.

Improved Cloak of Protection +2

Mantle

Equipped Abilities:

Saving Throw: +2 bonus

Notes: I've replaced once/day Improved Haste/Invisibility with Mantle. I'm actually thinking to turn it into a CoP +3 to justify (we do have a Ring of Protection +3 after all).

Montolio's Cloak

Equipped Abilities:

Blind-Fight: wielder fights without penalties even if unable to see and cannot be backstabbed

Usable By:

Ranger

Notes: +2 to off-hand thac0 would create strange behaviours with the Dual Wielding Tweak (and with a Refinements HLA too) thus I've changed it with a plain +1 to global thac0. I've added Blind-Fight inspired by the new extended background (which pratically is Montolio's biography taken from Forgotten Realms Wiki).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Ioun Stones

All ioun stones now use WoRm's wonderful animations.

Pearly White Ioun Stone

Polymorph Self (Troll)

Equipped Abilities:

Regeneration: 1 hp every 12 seconds

Notes: I've moved here Cloak of the Sewer's ability to polymorph into a troll. I've also slightly raised regeneration rate to match Cloak of the Wolf one. I'd probably prefer to rename the item to be more "recognizeable", but I can live with the current one.

Troll

STR 17, DEX 11, CON 21, AC 4, THAC0 12, Attacks per Round 3, 1D8+1 slashing damage (Claws +2)

Regeneration: 3 hp/round

Stone of Good Luck

Equipped Abilities:

Luck: +1 bonus (+5% for skills)

Notes: replaces the Dusty Rose Ioun Stone which granted +1 to AC. As I've done for SR I've "fixed" luck effects to really affects most things it's supposed to affect (attack/damage rolls, saving throws, thieving skills, ...).

Trueblood's Ioun Stone

Equipped Abilities:

Hit Points: +10% bonus

Notes: mostly unchanged. I've renamed it from Pale Green Ioun Stone (though in the description it's still mentioned) just because the item should be quite unique, and because I find quite confusing having all those white/dusty rose/lavander/obsidian/... names. :thumbsup:

Golden Ioun Stone

Equipped Abilities:

Intelligence: +1 bonus

Notes: I've replaced V2's 5% magic resistance with +2 caster lvl bonus.

Obsidian Ioun Stone

Equipped Abilities:

Constitution: +1 bonus

Saving Throws: +3 bonus vs. death

Notes: I've replaced V2's 5% physical resistance with +3 to saves vs death. Despite my hate for the "infinite instant Heal" glitch I'd really want to keep +1 CON here, and as long as it's +1 (not Girdle's +2) I think my old sub-optimal fix is fine (equipping it deals 10 points of damage), and I've tried to justify it in the description. I assume the item will mostly be worn only by those character who can actually benefit from having +1 CON, making the fix much less noticeable (whereas +2 CON grants a really too random amount of hp).

Silver Ioun Stone

Equipped Abilities:

Wisdom: +1 bonus

Saving Throws: +3 bonus vs. spell

Notes: I've added the +3 bonus vs. spell that simulates what a PnP character would gain from having a high wisdom value (even BG's manual mentions it, but apparently they didn't include the feature).

Lavender Ioun Stone

Saving Throws: +3 bonus vs. breath

Notes: I've replaced +1 AC with +1 DEX, and +3 to saves vs death with +3 to saves vs breath.

Bronze Ioun Stone

Equipped Abilities:

Notes: This stone is now usable by anyone (not only mages) and grants 10% magic resistance instead of an 8th lvl spell slot. When upgraded into the Circle of Netheril it's usable only by mages and grant mr plus one additional 8th and 9th lvl spell slots (as per V2, with magic resistance replacing hit points bonus).

Circlet of Netheril

Equipped Abilities:

Arcane casters can memorize one extra spell of 8th and 9th level

Notes: it previously granted +10hp instead of magic resistance.

Wong Fei's Ioun Stone

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to confusion & feeblemindness

Regeneration: 1 hp every 6 seconds

Usable By:

Monk

Fighter

Notes: For now I've only replaced vanilla's +15 hp with immunity to confusion and feeblemindness (to complement monk's innate resistances). I've not restricted it to monks, but monks and fighters. Should I open it to all warriors? Btw, I'm not 100% satisfied with it yet.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Rings

Ring of Energy
Energy Blast: inflicts 2D6 points of magic damage to one target
Equipped Abilities:
Magic Damage Resistance: +25% bonus

Notes: I've added the energy resistance. This ring is now used as a component to upgrade Erinne Sling.

Ring of the Ram
Special Abilities (Once per day):
Battering Ram: target is knocked back 20 feet suffering 5d6 points of crushing damage, and must save vs. death or be unconscious for 1 round

Notes: I've slightly tweaked its once/day ability (making it more similar to SR's Battering Ram spell). This ring is now used to upgrade the Staff of the Ram, instead of vanilla's Roranach's Horn helmet.

Ring of Fire Resistance
Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +50%

Notes: I don't like that RoFR is pretty much a lesser Ring of Fire Control, but the former performs well within BG1, where RoFC doesn't exist, and RoFR is also used as a component to upgrade the Club of Detonation, thus I can probably live with it.

Ring of Invisibility
Invisibility

Notes: not as overpowered as it would be with its PnP true ability (invisibility while equipped) but at least it's now usable three times per day instead of vanilla's one/day. Once again, I can live with it performing as a semi-wand only because it is later used as a component to forge the Master Thief's Hood.

Night's Embrace
Equipped Abilities:
Infravision
Hide in Shadows: +40% bonus

Notes: it "replaces" the Ring of Infravision expanding its base concept. It still grants infravision but now it also gives +40% bonus to hide in shadows.

Ring of the Burglar
Equipped Abilities:
Lock Picking: +20% bonus
Usable By:
Thief

Notes: I've added +1 DEX bonus to vanilla's Ring of Lockpicking, and renamed it to better reflect its wider use.

Ring of Danger Sense
Equipped Abilities:
Immunity to backstab
Saving Throws: +2 bonus vs breath
Trap detection: +20% bonus

Usable By:
Thief
Monk

Notes: vanilla's version only granted trap detection bonus while I've tried to make it much more valuable.

Band of the Forest
Equipped Abilities:
Usable By:
Druid
Ranger

Notes: I've turned the Ring of Animal Friendship into a druid/ranger version of the Ring of Holiness, and I've renamed it (stealing a bit of lore from NWN to extend the item's background). It was pointless imo to grant Charm Animal ability (a rather weak ability) to two classes that already have it by themselves, and V2's +1 WIS already granted an additional spell slot or two but only for druids, excluding rangers.

Ring of Holiness
Equipped Abilities:
Usable By:
Cleric
Paladin

Notes: druids cannot use it anymore, but paladins can now benefit from it.

Ring of Wizardry
Equipped Abilities:
Memorize one extra spell of each level from 1th to 4th
Usable By:
Mage

Notes: one minor change (a 1st level slot has replaced one 2nd level one). The real change is that I've actually switched it with the Ring of Acuity for two reasons. 1) The Ring of Wizardry is also found in BG1 (where it originally doubled 1st level spell slots) and a ring which gives high lvl spell slots is useless within BG1. 2) Within BG2 you can get up to two Ring of Wizardry and only one Ring of Acuity, thus making the more powerful one available only once seems reasonable, not to mention it's now available even to players who don't play a charname Mage or don't take along Jaheira.

Ring of Acuity
Equipped Abilities:
Memorize one extra spell of each level from 5th to 7th
Usable By:
Mage

Ring of Human Influence
Charm Person: target humanoid must save vs. spell at -2 or being charmed for 1 turn
Equipped Abilities:
Human Influence: +2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. humans

Notes: it now raises Charisma by 1 instead of setting it to 18, and I've tried to give it a decent while equipped ability.

Ring of Free Action
Equipped Abilities:
Free Action: the wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that limits his mobility in any way

Notes: minor changes. It now doesn't prevent the use the Boots of Speed and doesn't "protect" from being hasted anymore.

Ring of Djinni Summoning
Limited Wish

Notes: I've replaced Summon Djinni with Limited Wish (you stiil summon a Djinni though). Considering there's the Efreeti's Bottle which does pratically the same I was thinking Limited Wish would be more interesting but I fear it may be too powerful...what do you think?

Ring of Air Control
Conjure Lesser Air Elemental
Gaseous form

Equipped Abilities:
Wearer is immune to cloud based spells

Notes: I've replaced V2's +50% electrical resistance (which it hadn't in vanilla) with immunity to cloud spells (Stinking Cloud, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud), and vanilla's Improved Invisibility with Gaseous Form (as per SR's genies). Instead of Charm Air Elemental I've moved here Conjure Lesser Air Elemental.

Ring of Earth Control
Conjure Lesser Earth Elemental
Stoneskin

Equipped Abilities:

Notes: I've replaced Stone to Flesh with Stoneskin and vanilla's hidden +1 to saves with another +1 AC (thus a total of +2 AC bonus).

Ring of Fire Control
Conjure Lesser Fire Elemental
Fire Shield

Equipped Abilities:
Fire Resistance: +50% bonus

Notes: Burning Hands has been replace with Fire Shield (red), while Flamestrike has been removed (two x/day abilities are more than enough).

Ring of Regeneration
Equipped Abilities:
Regeneration: 1 hp every 6 seconds

Notes: unchanged. I've only assigned it a different bam, giving it the aspect of a jade ring as per description (you won't confuse it with the Ring of Human Influence anymore).

Ring of Spell Turning
Spell turning (reflect 9 spell levels)
Equipped Abilities:

Notes: I've replaced Minor Spell Turning with the higher level one. It needed a while equipped effect, and I could imagine something more appropriate than magic resistance.

Ring of Gaxx
Special Abilities:
Finger of Death (once per day)
Vampiric Touch (three times per day)

Equipped Abilities:
Regeneration: 1hp every 6 seconds
Immunity to disease & poison effects

Notes: I've halved its regeneration rate, and removed its +10% magic resistance, while replacing its x/day abilities with more appropriate ones (the short lasting 3xday Improved Haste has been replaced by 3xday Vampiric Touch; 1xday Invisibility by Finger of Death). It still is a bit OP, but at least it's not as ridiculously OP as before.

Heartwood Ring
Equipped Abilities:
Elemental Resistance: +10% bonus
Memorize one additional 5th, 6th and 7th level spell

Usable By:
Druids

Notes: I've added elemental resistances and a 5th lvl spell slot (which combined with vanilla's ones and Band of the Forest means +1 spell for each lvl). Now its enchantment level is comparable to cleric's Holy Symbols.

Larloch's Soul Stealer
Equipped Abilities:
Life Drain: wearer heal 1-4 hp on each melee hit

Notes: It replaces the pathetic Ring of Anti-venom.

Ring of the Phantom Wraith
Improved Invisibility
Equipped Abilities:
Wraith Form: the wearer cannot be harmed by non-magical weapons or attacks, is immune to spells that don't affect incorporeal creatures, and gains +50% to move silently
Usable By:
Thief

Notes: it replaces the Ring of Improved Invisibility which was quite useless considering you get it at the end of ToB. While equipped the user is permantly affect by a Wraith Form effect, which more or less is a lesser version of SR's Ghost Form. It currently grants immunity to non-magical weapons and spell or spell-like effects which shouldn't affect incorporeal targets (e.g. entangle, web, polymorph, disintegrate, implosion, and few others). Furthermore a character under WF is supposed to almost float above the ground (I cannot reproduce it within BG), thus he/she is immune to effects which shouldn't affect flying creatures (e.g. Grease, Earthquake, ...) and moves silently (+50% bonus). It still grants a 1/day use of Improved Invisibility, and it still is thief-only (though thief-mages can use it).

Edited by Demivrgvs

Battle Axes

Bala's Axe
Combat Abilities:
Dispel: removes all magical effects upon the target (save vs. spell neg.)
Damage: 2D4

Notes: I've "exploited" its original description (which was really good for once!) to make it quite a special weapon. It's considered non-magical, and combined with the new dispel effect which is clearly hinted by the description itself, this axe can be really powerful against mages protected with PfMW.

Frostreaver +1
Combat Abilities:
Icy: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of cold damage
Chilling: 33% chance target must save vs. spell or be slowed for 3 rounds
Damage: 2D4 + 1

Notes: previously a +3 weapon (too easily obtainable), I've replaced vanilla's +1 cold +1 acid with +1D4 cold damage. It was still too similar to Stonefire (just cold damage instead of fire), thus I've further reduced its enchantment lvl while adding a Chilling effect.

Stonefire +2
Combat Abilities:
Flaming: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of fire damage
Damage: 2D4 + 2

Notes: previously a +3 weapon (too easily available), fire damage increased from a fixed 2 to 1D4.

Axe of the Unyielding +3
Equipped Abilities:
Regeneration: 3hp/turn
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: 2D4 + 3

Notes: I've decreased regeneration rate from 1hp/round to 3hp/turn, and added the hit points bonus.

Axe of the Unyielding +4
Equipped Abilities:
Regeneration: 4hp/turn
Combat Abilities:
Vorpal: 5% chance of severing target's head (save vs. death at -6 neg.)
THAC0: +4 bonus
Damage: 2D4 + 4

Notes: I've used its vanilla vorpal effect as model to standardize it, though I've halved the % chance. Anyway I think this item is still uber powerful imo. The recipient required to upgrade it is a Baalor's Claw and thus the vorpal effect is the most appropriate effect I can think of.

Hand Axes

Hangard's Axe +1
Combat Abilities:
Returning: returns to the wielder's hand instantly after an attack is made
Shocking: creatures struck suffer 1D4 additional points of electrical damage

Damage: 2d3 + 1
Damage type (melee): slashing
Damage type (thrown): missile

Notes: previously a plain +2 throwing axe, the elemental damage should make it far more interesting.

Rifthome Axe +2
Combat Abilities:
Screaming: 20% chance target must save vs. spell or flee in terror
Damage: 2d3 + 2

Notes: previously a plain +3 throwing axe.

Azuredge +3
Combat Abilities:
Disruption: undead creatures must save vs. death or be destroyed
Undead Bane: additional +2 bonus to THAC0 and +8 to damage against undead

Damage: 2d3 + 1

Notes: removed the "only good characters" usability restriction, the disruption effect had a -4 penalty on its save to avoid the effect but it was way too powerful imo.

K'logarath +4
Combat Abilities:
Slicing: inflicts additional 2D6 points of slashing damage (save vs. death neg.)
Knockback: target is knocked back and unconscious for 1 round (save vs. death neg.)

THAC0: +4 bonus
Damage: 2d3 + 4

Notes: almost unchanged.

Edited by Demivrgvs