Preview of a new area

Galactygon

Andyr requested I post the Temple of Umberlee area I have been working diligently on. There are more areas I heavily modified, but some may contain serious spoiling content, hence me not posting them.

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/outside_temple.jpg

Criticism is more than welcome (in fact I encourage it) so the area can be improved. I am aware there are extremely minor inconsistencies here and there, so whoever posts those inconsistencies will be congradulated!

*Waits patiently for an obligatory Ding0 post*

-Galactygon

Being a temple of Umberlee, I assume it will have a lot of priests populating the area. Or perhaps some watery creatures?

Come to think of it, there is a big difference between this temple and the Waterqueen's House in Baldur's Gate. :)

-Echon

This temple is going to be a place where they essentially sit and watch the weather. :) That's why it's a little rocky island - why you end up there is something I'll not spoil for now!

With regard to the population, I'd thought mainly humans but a few sea trolls too (scrags) and maybe a few of the underwater ghouls like you face in the Sahaugin city (lacedons).

This temple is going to be a place where they essentially sit and watch the weather. :) That's why it's a little rocky island - why you end up there is something I'll not spoil for now!

Good. :(

There are also underwater variants of other creatures, such as Koalinth (Hobgoblin), Merrow (Ogre), Vodyanoi (Umberhulk) and Giant Water Spiders. Just in case you did not know. :(

-Echon

Criticism is more than welcome (in fact I encourage it) so the area can be improved. I am aware there are extremely minor inconsistencies here and there, so whoever posts those inconsistencies will be congradulated!

Looks excellent! Slight coloration difference between the rock of the two entrances, but this might have been intentional on your part.

Keep up the good work.

Guest Seifer

Its not bad but there are some problems with the colouring as TD suggests. My observations

1) The upper left image of the image needs most work as it looks like you've just hacked at it with a photoshop filter. Try less of the obseruca approach and perhaps add more grass.

2) The rocky outcrop from the top of the left entrance needs to be blended in a lot more.

3) The colour disfiguration from the main entrance and the rocky outcrop to the right has to much contrast. They need to be blended in a little more. Maybe a clone stamp with a moss like material?

Aside from that.

Very good.

Seif

It's getting quite late now and I should have been in bed...

Thanks for the feedback, people.

I have noted a few of those inconsistencies myself, and was planning on making a newer version of the area. Moss will do, Seifer.

Bear in mind I used Photoshop 3 on that, so it's sweet compared to the bad quality of the tool. Now I have access to Photoshop 7, so it will make this work easier and shorter.

BTW, Andyr, Should I add some mist? Mist as in clouds, etc.?

-Galactygon

I found the exterior area buried in my archives.

I re-uploaded the image:

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/Random..._with_flora.htm

Now that I have my files again, I figured I should do some polishing for this area, especially concerning the rocks and trees. I have a question for you, Andyr: to green water or not to green water? If I could do it, green water would give a sense of motion to the area, and would give the illusion of not being some isolated island in the far north.

I will begin the interior areas tomorrow.

-Galactygon

Archived