Keldorn Romance (berelinde's): v1.0 released

jastey

With berelinde's permission, I made a BGII:EE and EET compatible version of her Keldorn Romance mod with ToB content.

The mod is now officially at v1.0. Thank you for all who helped testing and making it compatible!

Please post any comments, bug reports etc. here:

Official Discussion Thread

Download berelinde's Keldorn Romance

The mod is still in beta.

If you want to test the Keldorn Romance mod, it is recommended to install it last (and do not biff your override folder), so you can uninstall the older version without much trouble if there is an update.

Please post any findings or comments you have here

Quoted from the SHS thread:

He's loyal. He's brave. He's... single?

Life is an uncertain thing, and changes come when we least expect them. This mod offers a chance to romance Athkatla's newest... and most reluctant... bachelor. All relationships take work, and this one takes more than most, but the rewards are great, for those patient enough to endure the trials.

This romance is not for everyone. It is certainly not a romance for the hasty. When it begins, Keldorn is grieving after the collapse of his 20-year marriage, and it takes him a long, long time to recover. It deals with mature themes, the real consequences of rejection and recovery, and some players may not want to go through all that, no matter how devoted the would-be love interest becomes in Throne of Bhaal. It is also very, very long, with 35+ talks in Shadows of Amn, though the talks are spaced more closely together to compensate for this.

To begin the Keldorn Romance, you must allow Keldorn and Maria to reconcile. He will only consider himself free if his marriage to Maria is legally ended, and imprisoning Maria will only separate them, not divorce them. Also, Maria's incarceration might present childcare issues that would be impossible to overcome.

Can Keldorn be romanced with other mod romances, such as Ajantis, Xan, or Edwin? Or should I be careful to not have romances with these NPC's at all if I am playing a game where I want to romance Keldorn? I see posts all the time where some say that one mod romance doesn't check for others so multi-romancing is fine, and some say that other romances (and don't always specify if they mean mod or Bioware) will kill the romance.

I just want to be sure before I go too far in my new games. Do I need to separate Ajantis from Keldorn or can I play with them both and thus test them both at the same time?

If you don't have time to answer, that is fine. I figure I'll find out eventually. :) Needless to say, I've played this game so many times that I'd dearly love to be able to multi-romance, but if it isn't possible then I'll suck it up and separate my games.

Keldorn's Romance will go right up to the point where he would confess his love in SoA, but he will end it if either of the following romances are committed:

• Anomen [Global("AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Edwin Romance [Global("EdwinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Gavin BGII [Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Aran Whitehand [Global("c-AranRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Angelo [Global("ADAngelRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Chloe [Global("ChloeRomanceActiveCR","GLOBAL",2)]
  • jastey's Ajantis for BGII [Global("C#AjantisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Imoen Romance [Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Kelsey [Global("J#KelseyRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Sarah [Global("SarahRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Weimer's Solaufein [GlobalGT("SolaTalk","GLOBAL",14)]
  • Tsujatha [Global("TsujathaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]

/* BGII:EE */:

• Dorn [Global("DornRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Hexxat [Global("HexxatRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]
  • Rasaad [Global("RasaadRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)]

You should be safe with both romances, as long as you dump Ajantis after Keldorn asked your PC her favorite color. Do not just kick Ajantis out of the party if romancing him, because the Ajantis romance only gets inactive if you tell him so. [EDIT: Sorry about the post format, but somehow the bullts don't show properly.]

As Ankhesenpaaten said: This version is complete with ToB content.

Whether it will work in ToB is something you testers need to tell me. *g*

Thank you for your interest! Please post any and all things you encounter ingame while playing the mod here.

I have the beta version installed still but I can confirm that I've successfully completed ToB with Keldorn so it SHOULD work. IF I find time I'll install this new version and let you all know what I find. :)

Did I hear correctly that Gavin had a makeover? Because his ToB had all sorts of issues in the last version I played. If not, is there a plan to see him completed as well?

Hi Jastey, Thank you so much, it's everything I was hoping it would be. The MOD is beautiful, and continues perfectly from SOA to TOB. I am already in the Throne of Bhaal portion and have only had two small hiccups. I think they are hiccups

1. After my second pocket plane challenge..where you confront yourself as if you had been in Sarevoks shoes, the pools start as healing pools and then turn to lava pools.. *I am a lawful good Paladin, so not sure why that is happening, or if that is even mod related.

2. When I try to identify something, the screen will some times freeze, but if I move my mouse up to the top right corner of the screen, that seems to unfreeze it.

I am loving the mod. I just wanted to give any feed back, but again so far.. its running pretty darn smoothly.

Thank you for reporting nontheless! Although both issues are most probably not related to the Keldorn Romance. In ToB the PC's corruption is tracked independent of alignment, rep or class. If you are interested, you can have a look here to have a summary of how it is detected (it's basically the responses the PC gives to the Solar, and to Melissan before the final confrontation).

As for the hanging screen, does it happen for items from the Keldorn romance mod? BGII:EE freezes if the text format is not correct, in this case the text conversion using iconv would have to be looked at more closely. But I would expect the freezing not to go away with moving the mouse. So, if you can read all descriptions from the mod's items after the de-freezing, the texts are most probably not the reason.

Hello, jastey, thank you for making this mod available for EE, I'm really enjoying it.

I have a question thought, I dont' know if it's bug, or simply I'm missing him,

I'm at Keldorn's personal quest, where my main character is being told to go to the Bridge district to find an artist.

I've worked through Five Flagons Inn and Delosar's Inn, throughly, morning and night, however, can't find any.

I have few other mod installed, but installed Keldorn's mod at the very end.

Could you let me know where I can find him?

I'd like to see if it's a bug issue or simply I have missed him.

Thank you! Other than that everything has been so far working perfectly!!

Since Jastey isn't here just yet, go to the basement of Delosar's. He is standing back and at the right of the bar. Use your Tab key to highlight him and you will see "Artist." Then go from there! If he isn't there, another option is if you have Gavin in your party. However, if you had you probably wouldn't be asking for the artist...

Anyway, I hope you find him! Good luck! I hope you just accidentally missed him by accidentally going upstairs instead of the left staircase which goes down and to the barkeep area.

Thank you Ankhesenpaaten and jetsy for quick reply! really Appreciate it.

YES! I found him! Thank you, althought I don't know why,

he shows "ROMANCE is availabe to LG/NG/CH/LN/N/ Character when I hover onto him.
I don't know if everyone is having that error.

Thank you much!

Also, I don't know if this is the mod's bug, but

Keldorn runs away panicking everytime my main character trys turn dead.

My main character is quite powerful, because I imported her from the last game play.

It shous "Turned Paladin" on the command line.

Just note to see anyone having the same problem.

Thank you for updating and answering my question!!

Archived