Photo

BG2EE - SCS and Tactics for EE, LoB difficulty start.

BG2EE 2017 Tactics

14 replies to this topic

#1 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

I have performed this actions:

1. Copy Big World Fixpack folder (~30mb), and _ApplyPatches.bat, and _ApplyPatches.tp2, and WeiDU.exe to the root folder of BG2EE version 2.367 (GOG). This folder contain chitin.key

Fixpack and WeiDU.exe can be downloaded there Master branch - (Clone branch, download)

2. I have downloaded recent Asteria Restoration Project from this center ARP 8.2.7 I have unpacked those files to the same root BG2EE folder, directory and setup.

3. I have downloaded Unfinished Business UB 26, and then unpack in the same way as previous mods.

4. I have downloaded SCS v30, and then unpacked *.exe, in the same way.

Then I have executed those _ApplyPatches.bat , which have performed some crazy actions.
Then I have installed mods one-by-one, running their installers stup-mod_name.exe.

This is my previous mod stuff from version BG2EE 1.3.2

WeiDU.log
Spoiler

And this is from the new version BG2EE 2.367

WeiDU.log
Spoiler

The question is next: Where I need to search Tactivs for EE that works on version 2+?

Well, my previous saves looks works fine on the new modded version, at least for a munute of gameplay, I have found no bugs. But I decided to start a new game this new cool icon for LoB difficulty, persuaded mee, too sad that new game is need to be started :). So another questions:

Would be better to start SoD - export char from BG1EE, then export char to BG2EE from SoD.

Or to eport my current char - level 17, blacksninned half-elf, Diviner and with that char (I have stopepd my walktrough in the stage of escape from some underwater stuff...) start a new game?

The problem is that I have no SoD... ;/ .
"The monstrous evils of the twentieth century have shown us that the greediest money grubbers are gentle doves compared with money-hating wolves like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, who in less than three decades killed or maimed nearly a hundred million men, women, and children and brought untold suffering to a large portion of mankind."
- Eric Hoffer

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
- Albert Einstein

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg

#2 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:02 AM

https://forums.beamd...nd-beta-test/p1 - forum thread with download link for Tactics for EE v 73 alpha

https://forums.beamd...#Comment_832958 - list of Tactics EE components that don't conflict with SCS (don't install any components other than these)

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

@agb1 Cool, great-thanx, it looks like those guys is need for testers. I can test some things of this mod (I will only install those which is not interfere), but I hope alpha version will not blow up anything in my walkthrough :) Is this alpha73 need to be patched by Big World Fixpag?
"The monstrous evils of the twentieth century have shown us that the greediest money grubbers are gentle doves compared with money-hating wolves like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, who in less than three decades killed or maimed nearly a hundred million men, women, and children and brought untold suffering to a large portion of mankind."
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg

#4 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Only if you are installing EET.  The Fixpack patch adds EET compatibility to alpha 73.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#5 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

Only if you are installing EET.  The Fixpack patch adds EET compatibility to alpha 73.

Thanx again this Big World stuff is mega-helpful indeed.
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#6 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

@frostysh

I am currently running (or rather, very slowly walking) through an SCS/LoB game and I don't think you will miss out on much by not playing SoD. There are a few reasons for that:

1) SCS doesn't affect much (or at least that is my impresion), so you playing against vanilla SoD enemies most of the time,

2) vanilla SoD enemies have bad scripting, in my opinion (for example: my invisible character walks past a group on enemies, steps on a trap, the trap damages them - and now they will follow my invisible character forever and ever, even though they can't see through invisibility),

3) SoD is designed as a mostly linear adventure, which is fine on its own, but coming from BG1 and BG2, with their free to explore maps, it just feels restrictive. (I dislike ToB for the same reason)

As for importing your diviner, another solution would be to make a new character, and then use EEkeper to edit his stats to those of your old character.

edit:

My personal recommendation for LoB mode would be to start a different character. This is because LoB mode changes the dynamics of spellcasting: damage spells are not that useful, because everything has just too many HPs. For a half-elf I would recommend e.g. a mage/cleric, because he can summon both cleric and mage summons, and because a buffed m/c can melee quite well.

Edited by chimaera, 03 February 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#7 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:00 AM

Cool, I am actually want to play in BG2EE rather than wait for SoD. I have no SoD yet, so I just curios, about possibility of importing character into SoD from BG2EE, in "normal way" no any EE keeper is acceptable.
If it is impossible, this is will be bad :( . Perhaps I need to wait for SOD, import my char from BG1EE to SOD, and then after finishing SOD - export my char from SOD to BG2EE, but I do not want to do that :/ .

Nah, I will not change the character - We have spent too much time in defeating of monster, he is honest, and good - never killed any of innocent NPC, stolen in innocent etc. ^_^ .
About ineffective spell, on Insane + SCS (max diff) they were not so effective too, so I have doubts that I will feel a huge difference, anyway my char will be not, alone goblin-mechanic, this crazy druid werewolf "balancer" + some other formidable fighters. This is party-time not a solo :) .
Actually I am selecting party not by "skills" and a total effectiveness, but by characters :) .

Still, I have not realised yet, a difference between two option that I saw in BG2EE: "import character", and "import game".

- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#8 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

My experience is that the "import character" feature is buggier than "import game". My imported character ended up with no items, even though when I checked his inventory in EEkepper the items were there. SoD just wouldn't recognize them.

If you don't feel like waiting for SoD, then don't. :) SoD combat is definitely below SCS, and storywise it doesn't add anything really interesting to the BG2 saga. Imo, it would have fit far better as an expansion to IWDEE.

#9 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:59 PM

Well I have exported my char from BG1EE after Black Pits to BG2EE - and the all items has been lost, I think this is normal. And anyway, bg2ee is beginning from the place, where items of your char must be expropriated imho. I just thought "exporting game" will also export my decisions that I have made through previous game - like in "Witcher 2".

I ma still in pending state, to play SoD first, or not to play, I have heard that in SOD is exist level capacity - so if I will finish BG2EE, then import my char to SoD, what will happs with all those levels and experience? :/
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6061 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:08 AM

My experience is that the "import character" feature is buggier than "import game". My imported character ended up with no items, even though when I checked his inventory in EEkepper the items were there. SoD just wouldn't recognize them.

Are you sure this is the reason, and not that the game itself removes all items... to actually be able to import a character into a game, you need to play in the multiplayer mode ... the reason being that if you just import a character in the normal state to the normal game start, the games scripts are likely to remove items. The reason being that you are supposed to start a game... not come with mountains of cheese with you. And by the by, the BG2's and BGSoD items are different, and most of the BG2's don't actually exist in the SoD.

so if I will finish BG2EE, then import my char to SoD, what will happs with all those levels and experience? :/

You get a crooked character that might have no HLAs active.
You are supposed to play the SoD in the middle, not after.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#11 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

@Jarno Mikkola

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning - what mountains of cheese? I was talking about importing a character from BG1EE to SoD (I should have been clearer about it). If imported from the character file, charname appeared without any items, even if the game was started in multiplayer mode. I understand that the BG2 to SoD import is potentially very problematic, but BG1EE to SoD should not be.

Edited by chimaera, 05 February 2017 - 07:19 AM.

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6061 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:08 AM

If imported from the character file, charname appeared without any items, even if the game was started in multiplayer mode...

This is where you made your mistake... yes, you start the SoD game in a multiplayer game, make one character and start it... and then you just save the game and exit, and go back and load the BG1 savegame... export the characters from the last savegame with full gear named as such "Gerval_g"ear etc, then you go back and load the SoD multiplayer game, kick out the characters and bring your A-team from just exported characters. PS, the containers(bag of holding) won't keep their content between games, so you can't export an armory bag and keep things in them. In EET that will be possible between game areas, but not in on export/import games as the bags go back to default content.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 05 February 2017 - 08:15 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#13 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

The hell, it's looks like I need to get trough SoD first :( . I hope my 17th Diviner will be crooked not so hard, BG2EE - > SoD export.
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#14 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:48 AM

If imported from the character file, charname appeared without any items, even if the game was started in multiplayer mode...

This is where you made your mistake... yes, you start the SoD game in a multiplayer game, make one character and start it... and then you just save the game and exit, and go back and load the BG1 savegame... export the characters from the last savegame with full gear named as such "Gerval_g"ear etc, then you go back and load the SoD multiplayer game, kick out the characters and bring your A-team from just exported characters. PS, the containers(bag of holding) won't keep their content between games, so you can't export an armory bag and keep things in them. In EET that will be possible between game areas, but not in on export/import games as the bags go back to default content.

Thank you for explaining, but I won't be bothering with SoD after the LoB playthrough anyway. Tbh, considering this is an expansion for BG1EE, importing of characters shouldn't require jumping through such hoops just to keep your items.

@Frostysh

Or you could leave SoD for another playthrough, perhaps with an evil character. ;-)

#15 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

I am not playing as evil character in the imaginary mythology PCgame-worlds, nor in the real life.

Oh Jesus ... Christ! I have watched in forums.beamdog.com on the pictures of SoD GUI - that's looks horrific to myself, I will need to mod the SOD GUI too, before play. I remembered how much time I have spent modifying BG2EE gui... I am not a skilled GIMP-user :( .
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BG2EE, 2017, Tactics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users