Questions, including possibility of Nord/Salomeya romance.

pinkbunny

Let me start by thanking the Gibberlings3(is that a reference to Larry, Darryl, and Darryl from BG1?) community for their wonderful mods. I read the news about Obsidian's Project Eternity, and it got me in the mood to play some of these classic games.

I had never finished IWD1, got bored in the Severed Hand, but the IWD NPC pack really brought that game alive!

I have high hopes for this mod, as well. I had read some concerning reviews about IWD2, but I think the amount of content in this mod more than breathes life into the game.

----------------------------------------------------------

That said, might I ask a few questions? They may seem simple, and I appologize for that. I did search here before posting, but was still not sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. IWD 1, it seemed to me, was more about, "load everyone up with bows, and wipe out the enemies before they reach you." Is IWD 2 more like BG2, where you have two casters, two support, and two bruisers to wade into the enemy?

2. If that is the case, it would affect PC1 choice, as, to get the banter, you need to be in the first slot. This would mean, in my opinion, the PC needs to be fighter/barbarian/paladin/monk, as they need to be able to absorb damage.

3. If that is the case, does it not make more sense to just use Sir Wind Nord as the first character, rather than creating your own? Built in banter, able to sop up damage, etc,

4. If that is the case, it makes sense to just use only premade characters, rather than creating your own. That raises the question of who are the "meat" characters. Some threads say, "Nord, Hildury, Jaemal, Salomeya," while others say, "Nord, Hildury, Sayomeya, Diriel." I like being the good guy(maybe that is a bit bland), so is a good party with the maximum of banter this?

Party:

1. Sir Wind Nord (front line)

2. Hildury (front line)

3. ?Diriel? Peony? Nikosh? Valeero? Prachi?

4. ? ? ? ? ? ?

5. Jaemal (keep him away from danger)

6. Salomeya (romancing, bard needs to be in the back, multiclass with thief/mage later, as I saw a mention in another thread saying powergames don't think a straight ranger is necessary, certainly this would apply doubly with bards?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Lastly, and most importantly, romancing. =p <---Hey, I might be a guy, but that doesn't mean I can't be a romantic!

If I use Sir Wind Nord as player 1, instead of creating my own, is Salomeya romancable with him?

This is her index I found on a thread:

//For Salomeya

//Stats: Str/Con>13; Int>13 +1; CHR>13+1; Str/Con<9; Int<9; Chr<9 -1

//Alignment: Any evil + 2;Any good -2

//Race: Elves, Half-Elves +2; Humans + 1; Dwarves -1; Halflings, Gnomes, Half-Orcs -2

//Subrace: Aasimar, Tiefling, Sun Elf +2

//Class: CLASSMASK_GROUP_PALADIN_RANGER -3; CLASSMASK_MONK -1

//Kit: CLERIC_ILMATER, CLERIC_HELM -1

//Skills Bluff>5, Diplomacy>5, +1

//Skills: Intimidate>5, Alchemy>5 -1

I can't say I understand the points system very well. Does this mean that Nord cannot romance Salomeya? Should I create a character as player 1 instead?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and sorry if it rambles a bit(a lot).

Archived