Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues problem

5 replies to this topic

#1 Feamane

Feamane
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Hi,

I installed Tweaks Anthology v4 on a couple Win98SE game machines to play a two-person game.  But the Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues is not working correctly.  I get the dialog option to send someone to the Copper Coronet, and they walk off the screen as if they are going there.  But they do not show up at the Copper Coronet, and when I go back to the spot I kicked them out at I find them right where I initiated the Reform Party.  It looks like the mod is installed:

Install Component [Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? [./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes

Installing [Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues] [v4]
[./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
Adding MULTIG to internal list of available DLGs
[MULTIG.DLG] saved    4 states, 6 trans, 4 strig, 0 ttrig, 3 actions
override/MULTIG.dlg copied to cdtweaks/backup/1070/MULTIG.dlg, 1188 bytes
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[./override/MULTIG.DLG] loaded, 638 bytes
[MULTIG.DLG] loaded
[MULTIG.DLG] saved    6 states, 22 trans, 4 strig, 16 ttrig, 19 actions

Also, when I use Near Infinity to look at MULTIG.DLG I see text referring to the Copper Coronet.  Any ideas why the NPCs are walking off screen but then popping back up where kicked out?  Is some other mod I installed earlier causing the problem?  Mods (not all components) were installed in following order:

WeiDU-Ascension

Oversight v13 (Tougher Sendai)

BG2 Fixpack v10

One Pixel Productions v4

Unfinished Businsess v26

DungeonCrawl_v9
Tower of Deception v3.2.1)
QuestPack-v32
aTweak-v451

Oversight v13 (Class Tweaks/Fixes, Improved Continuity, Cleric Kits, Monk High Level Abilities)

Rogue Rebalancing

Improved_Horns

d0tweak_v22

Tweaks Anthology v4

gMinion-v2

Thanks,

DJ

#2 Feamane

Feamane
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Any ideas?  Do I need to provide more info?

Thanks,

DJ

#3 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9368 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

Is this a BG2 or BG2EE game? And are you actually playing in MP or SP mode?

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#4 Feamane

Feamane
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Hi,

It's BG2 on Win98, not EE.  Playing in MP mode.

Thanks,

DJ

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9368 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

I suspect this is an actual MP bug--could you try a quick experiment for me? Move your save to the SP folder and try kicking out party members in SP mode and see if they go to the Coronet.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#6 Feamane

Feamane
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted Today, 12:08 AM

I tried as you suggested and loaded the game from the SP folder in SP mode and it worked, the NPC was waiting at the CC.  I then tried moving the save back to the MP folder and loading the game in MP mode but without any clients.  This also worked, the NPC was waiting at the CC.

The first time the problem occurred we were in MP mode and the client had control of the NPC at the time of the kick-out, so I tried a variation on that scenario but with the protagonist's game in control of the NPC to be kicked out instead of the client.  Again, it worked correctly.

Now the bad news, I can no longer reproduce the problem.  I could reproduce it previously by starting with the same save, but now I can't reproduce it.  Nothing has been changed with the game that I can recall, nothing new added to the override folder.  The only difference I can think of at all is at the time we were having the kick-out problem we were also experimenting with different AI scripts for the party.  I've tried to remember what scripts we were trying on what NPCs but still can't reproduce the problem.

So I guess it was some fluke occurrence that has now resolved itself.  Thanks for solving my problem!  ;)

Any ideas on my other problem with the circus animals not not being in their cages?

Best regards,

DJ

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users