BG1RE v1.1 Bug Thread

jastey

GronkLord, please use the v1.2 that is not on the official download's page yet due to problems with the download site: http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/files/jastey/bg1re_v1-2.zip (It's the official v1.2).

Then, please tell me how you extracted the mod folder and setup.exe to your main game folder. What you should have in your main folder after unzipping the archive is: a folder named bg1re, and an exe called setup-bg1re.exe. Double-clicking on teh exe should start the installation.

Hi, first I like to thank you for making this wonderful mod.

I've found two bugs however (W7, BGEE, BG1RE1.2, language is english):

1) Hull's sword: the sword you get from Hull looks like a long sword but the 'proficiencylongsword' is missing.

2) Thalantyr's new dialog lines makes BGEE crash (because of some 'é' and a 'ç'). Editing the dialog.tlk will fix the problem.

Thank you for the reports!

Thalantyr's dialogue seemed to have been in the wrong format, thus HANDLE_CHARSET produced symbols BG:EE choked on. Very good catch! This will be fixed in teh next version.

Hull's sword doesn't have the 'proficiencylongsword', because it's an item I created out of a BG1 item where the proficiencies are not present. This will be fixed in the next version - probably (if I learn how to patch this until tonight.) EDIT: Yes: WRITE_BYTE works, so this will be fixed, too.

Archived