Help with a non triggering dialogue

Salk

Hello!

I am trying to understand why this following script works fine in outdoors area but fails to trigger the last line before the END in any indoors area I tried.

IF
PartyHasItem("wtpfmfer")
Global("WTPINBACK", "GLOBAL", 1)
Global("INBACKPACK", "GLOBAL", 0) 
!ActuallyInCombat() 
GlobalTimerExpired("WTPFAMWANTSOUT","GLOBAL")
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("INBACKPACK","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreatureObject("wtpnag3",Player1,0,0,0)
ActionOverride("wtpnag3", StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)) 
END
At first I thought it was some problem with the invisible creature I created (wtpnag3) so I used others like here under:
CreateCreatureObject("belmin",Player1,0,0,0)
ActionOverride("belmin", StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)) 

but same things happen: the creature is spawned but the dialogue never starts.

Does anyone know why? Any guess? As I said, the script works without problems in each outdoors area I tested (a few) so I can't really make head or tail of this.

Thanks for your help.

It's potentially a bit dangerous giving an ActionOverride command to a created creature in the same script block that creates it - at a guess, the ActionOverride executes before the creature is actually placed. (And no, I've no idea why that should be true in some areas rather than all).

If the invisible creature is being spawned specifically to initiate dialogue, give it a dialogue-starting script instead.

If the invisible creature is being spawned specifically to initiate dialogue, give it a dialogue-starting script instead.

That's exactly why I spawned it.

I know practically nothing about modding so I'd appreciate an example of dialogue-starting script if it's not too much of a bother. Would something like this suffice?

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

Thanks.

PS I tried putting a Wait(3) between the CreateCreatureObject and the ActionOverride but it yielded no results.

Archived