So, which one?

Domi

Which Romance (if any) proved to be 'yours'?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gotta say that I loved both Dynaheir and Branwen (and Shar-Teel, but not as much). But two deciding factors came into play when I was picking favorites:

1) Dynaheir has Minsc. Minsc rocks!

2) Dynaheir's banters/romance makes multiple references to the Wheel of Time books, which I like alot.

So I gotta go with Dyna!

heh, thank you and I am glad that you've enjoyed the romances. :D

While I was thinking of Moiraine Damodred a few times while writing for Dynaheir, there is only one open reference in a PC option to the Wheel of Time in the texts that I remeber of. The rest of associations is there because Wychlaran, Aes Sedai and Bene Gessarit have many things in common. And, to be honest, I think that the first two are to a greater or lesser degre the rip-off of the latter.

I am glad to hear that - we are really lucky to have that last minute, brilliant romance in :) And yay! we are only 8 votes away from my standard "it was worth it" rate of 20 approvals.

Edited by Domi

Why, thank you, thank you very much...

(mentions, to the great annoyance of Domi, that "Aubade" talk was written by Domi, not Kulyok)

...but if something, anything, or better still, everything, did not work for you in this romance, you are more than welcome to post your opinion on this - or contact me via PM. I am not promising anything, but without critique on this one, we may end up with the same flaws and inconsistencies in BG2.

I adored the Xan romance, and the Coran romance was simply well written and quite awesome! I played through the Ajantis romance, and while it is a good romance, Ajantis just really isn't my kind of guy. People who only see the world in black and white kind of bother me a little, but kudos to the author anyway because I could still put up with him! He seems to be a sweet guy at heart. I haven't tried any of the female romances yet because I am a female and wanted to try out the male ones first...I was going to try out the Dynaheir romance, but then I had Kivan in my party and noticed some of his talks...So I looked him up on G3 and saw a mod for him...and so I restored BG2. Unfortunately for me, bg2 doesn't work anymore, and neither does bg1 with tutu! Oh well. I guess I have to uninstall everything ...

Hooray for drunken elves!

Thank you for your kind words. The thing is, Sola's texts have as much padding as Xan's, so, unless my editor does something about it, it would look more like Xan talking to himself. But I will keep your wish in mind. :O

Well... I know something even better - Coran for BG2 :D Ohhh... Anomen getting apoplexy seizure due to Coran's comments and interjections durning Ano lovetalks... I can already see foam on poor little knight's mouth :D *laughs madly from under her rock* Ano is a perfect whipping boy :D

Coran is definetly a great character to write for with a very wide range and possibilities. I think that only Shar-Teel/Faldorn were more fun and easier to write for than Coran. If anyone ever does Coran-BG2, they are welcome to use any of the ideas and background offered in BG1NPC :O Kivan is the 'swan song' as far as my own involvement with BG modding is concerned.

Coran is definetly a great character to write for with a very wide range and possibilities. I think that only Shar-Teel/Faldorn were more fun and easier to write for than Coran. If anyone ever does Coran-BG2, they are welcome to use any of the ideas and background offered in BG1NPC :O Kivan is the 'swan song' as far as my own involvement with BG modding is concerned.

Heck, even I'd help as a writer *suprise, suprise, I Do write and lately draw :D* Now we only have to find someone naive..errmm... skilled enough to do the 'boring' part such as codding n' stuff...

i'm late to the party on this one, sorry - but i've been waiting to play the BGT version, and it's only recently that i've been able to install BP-BGT on my laptop.

anyways... i really enjoyed the Branwen Romance, so props to those involved with it. :O

i was a little bit surprised that, given how earthy she was, that the romance wasnt a little bawdier, but not disappointed. i *was* disappointed when she broke up with CHARNAME: fancy choosing Tempus over me! still, we got a lot of shaggin in beforehand, so i guess i'll cope :D

i *would* have chosen shar-teel, but i play high rep good PCs, and i my ability to recode her to romance them wasnt sufficient.

i was wondering tho (and i'm *sure* it's a question that's been asked before) - why does shar-teel romance male, not female PCs? she's always struck me as a classic example of a stone butch - all she needs is a decent femme PC to protect/romance. altho most butch/feme romance i've read have been from the butch poit of view; wirting one from the PC's (ie, femme) POV might be tricky.

Edited by seanas