Problems with PST, 2CD version

Guest anahata

Guest anahata

Hello and thank you for this mod, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

However, after multiple attempts, I still cannot install it. Your help would be much appreciated.

I have the 2 CD version of Planescape (no patch needed). I did a full install, i.e., I ran the installer, then copied CD2 with its entire content in my PST folder and changed the .ini file so it points to CD2. I tried the game and it works fine. I also downloaded v08 of the Widescreen mod.

But when I try to install it, I keep getting the same error, which seems to be related to a file named AR0100.BIF. (which I have been looking for in my folder, but I can only find AR0100.cbf - perhaps I have a bad CD?)

My Debug log (edited - I also emailed you the complete file).

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/AR0100.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Planescape - Torment\cd2/AR0100.cbf]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Widescreen mod], rolling back to previous state

ERROR: Cbif.Error("failure opening file: ./cache/AR0100.BIF")

Unable to Unlink [./cache/AR0100.BIF]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "./cache/AR0100.BIF")

I wonder why it tries to open a file from ./cache? Again, thanks for helping a newbie like me!

It has to do with compressed bifs. Unfortunately, the 4CD version of PST (and of all the IE games I have) don't have that annoyance, so I don't really know how to fix it without taking wild guesses (the code for handling cbf files wasn't made by me either).

I might come up with tasks for you in an hour or so.

A bastardized version doing are extension on IWD1 (where it isn't needed) installed fine, and it's the only platform where I have CBF files.

Open setup-widescreen.bat (right-click -> edit) and change it from

widescreen\weidu-202-23.exe widescreen\widescreen.tp2 --log SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogF.tlk --noautoupdate

to

widescreen\weidu-202-23.exe widescreen\widescreen.tp2 --log SETUP-WIDESCREEN.DEBUG --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogF.tlk --noautoupdate --debug-ocaml

and try reinstalling again, then sending me the debug file (ideally, upload it to rapidshare and give me the link). It should output thousands of unrelated stuff, but I hope something useful will turn up.

Guest nameless

Same problem, except the first time I installed, the widescreen mod worked, but then I had to uninstall and reinstall Torment because a error with the Font mod. I deleted everything after uninstalling (override). This time when I installed Torment and tried to use the widescreen mod, I get the error with ar0100.bif. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Thanks for the mod

Guest onescrewloose

I just thought I'd give this a bump since I am having the exact same problem right now. Have you figured out anything in the meantime?

Thanks for the mod, btw.

Guest Guest_anahata_*

Yes, I got it working... As posted by Eandril - and thanks Eandril! -, "just install the game from first cd, then put in second, start the game, save, and then install the widescreen mod and important thing is to keep second cd in your optical drive, installation will take all the necessary files from the cd"

The AR0100.BIF file was indeed on the second CD.

Guest onescrewloose
Yes, I got it working... As posted by Eandril - and thanks Eandril! -, "just install the game from first cd, then put in second, start the game, save, and then install the widescreen mod and important thing is to keep second cd in your optical drive, installation will take all the necessary files from the cd"

The AR0100.BIF file was indeed on the second CD.

What should be the CD paths in the ini file when I do this?

Thanks.

Guest onescrewloose

Ok I got it to install but now it's blinking and not filling my monitor right. I set the res to 900x675. I looked in the readme file again and:

"This mod allows you to play the game at any desired resolution. It can currently set your resolution to any X by Y, with X >= 800 and Y >= 600. Non-standard resolutions (E.G. 801 by 632) are not supported in fullscreen, but can work in windowed mode. BG and Ps:T cannot be forced to be windowed, but can work at all X by Y, with X >= 640 and Y >= 480. "

I have no clue what to do next.

Can you set 900x675 as your native screen resolution?

If not, then that's the cause of the problem. Choose a resolution that you can use on your screen (800x600 and 1024x768 have the same aspect ratio and should be similar enough).

Guest onescrewloose
Can you set 900x675 as your native screen resolution?

If not, then that's the cause of the problem. Choose a resolution that you can use on your screen (800x600 and 1024x768 have the same aspect ratio and should be similar enough).

Do I have to reinstall PST?

Archived