Please welcome (er...say hi) to our new admin, Mike1072

theacefes

Ok, so let's start with some simple requests: please increase the "PM message topic title character limit" atleast 3 times.

Erhm, you don't really have to be that specific at the topic title, as you can write the actual message, and it creates it's own topic, which you can then be extend to multiple questions, and that's usually preferred by the receivers too as there's a 250 topic limit. And I for example have 30% of them.

IT's not about topic title, it's about Private Message title. Do we really need a discussion about such trivial thing? I can't even type "scales of balance - you git repo has upper case conflict" <-- bold letter are out of the limit.

Ok, so let's start with some simple requests: please increase the "PM message topic title character limit" atleast 3 times.

I believe the character limit on PM topic titles may be there for UI reasons, to ensure that the title fits entirely on one line. I've experienced a similar sort of thing writing git commit messages. I think there is some benefit to keeping titles short and to the point.

If you double it, there is still plenty of the room in topic line, even if you consider 4:3 aspect ration. For 16:9 there is even more room. I think there is some benefit to be able to say what I want instead of "modname - question 1", "modname - question 2". Anyway, this conversation shouldn't take place. The only reaction for such trivial requests should be: "Done". If such trivial request require argument/proving just forget about it. It's not worth the time and effort.

I think there is some benefit to be able to say what I want instead of "modname - question 1", "modname - question 2".

Erhm, consider the fact that you don't have to say either of those, but instead "Hey there, :insert receivers name: " And then ask the questions in the actual message. I considered any of these to go well:

15q5grt.jpg

And no, we don't all have 20:20 vision and font size 8 with triple 1080 displays, so considering the form is not always easy off hand, unless you have a very tiny phone with a net connection.

Archived