Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

We actually talked about expanding the concept of RE in that direction, as in; conceiving and writing encounters concerning two NPC's, as opposed to an PC-NPC encounter, but the conclusion was that that would maybe stretch the scope of this mod too far.

Which isn't to say that it isn't a subject we could explore on a different playground, say the PPG Quest Pack.

Guest TheGuest

Thanks for such an awesome mod, guys. Its fun to have content like this in BG2.

If you want a suggestion like I put in the other thread... Adalon. Definitely Adalon. She's a bit hostile, but, once she is free of the Underdark she might rethink and want to give you something to truly appreciate how much help you were. Afterall, you saved her children.

And she's been a very, very lonely dragon.

Silvers are well known for their trists with Mortals. Why not a Bhaalspawn?

Adalon is quite possibly the least popular quest-giver character in the entire Baldur's Gate saga.

I suspect Githyanki Romantic Encounter ("I can't part with your holy sword... but I can show you my little truncheon") and Lord Cor Romantic Encounter ("How about you get us a couple of drinks and I slip into something... more comfortable?") would find traction sooner.

If jastey was here, she'd invent a perfect pun for "slip into" in seconds. :p

(When trains stop all around Russia as I lie on the keyboard laughing, KGB *will* arrest you, you know).

Guest TheGuest

HA! Good point. Oh well, I thought Adalon would be a natural fit being a female dragoness. I mean, you flirt with /Firkraag/. Adalon may start you on the longer, more harrowing quests in the game, but she's a noble, beautiful creature who needs your help(even if she's rather demanding about it. But then she's a mother concerned for her children).

Huh. Whats that? Option of flirting/sleeping with the Black Dragon in Suldanesselar to get the Cup from him next I hear?

I suspect Githyanki Romantic Encounter ("I can't part with your holy sword... but I can show you my little truncheon") and Lord Cor Romantic Encounter ("How about you get us a couple of drinks and I slip into something... more comfortable?") would find traction sooner.

:p

Well I've downloaded this for the first time and my PC has managed to shag three different chaps and buy a naughty book without even leaving the promenade! One thing, though, is that it might be nice for some of your other party members, (no pun intended!) to see some action. One of the funniest parts of Fallout 2 was when you could buy Marcus the super mutant sheriff some action at the Cat's Paw in New Reno, and everyone gives him a around of applause when he's finished.

You could buy Minsc a whore at the Copper Coronet to cheer him up after Dynaheir snuffs it (though the whore might charge extra if he insists she wear the hamster costume), or perhaps a buff young stud to show Edwina the joys of the female multiple orgasm. :p

Yeah... like the website says, "give the protagonist" - it's PC only, sorry.

Besides, I'm not sure NPC-NPC encounters will be as successful. PC is you, or an incarnation of you, a role you choose to play: a romantic encounter with PC is easy to feel, to taste, to follow. But an NPC-NPC encounter? It is too easy to make the player lose patience; one wrong step, and it will be bland, not engaging; silly, not funny. The way I see it. :p

I know. I am not prepared to do anything with it, neither curtail it, nor do a full version, nor give it up; it's one of the rare cases where I do want to sit on it. I doubt it fits into RE either, btw, because on the whole RE does not meddle with the BG framework, and MV does. Strongly.

Guest AliniaIsTooLazyToSignIn
Absolutely, and Midnight Visitor, too! (Speaking as a fellow Jaime Lannister fan here. )

I second that. :p Don't feel pressured, though, Domi, I know you have a lot on your plate. And it would probably be better the more you "sit on it," so I'm not complaining either. :p

Guest TheGuest

I have one suggestion, though not a submission.

Seperate the mod a bit into Male and Female sections, rather then by encounter.

If you don't intend to play a female character for instance, there is no real point to installing any of the female only Romantic Encounters, and vie seversa.

While as it is, its easy enough to do this just by picking and choosing, an overall 'Show Male PC Mods' and 'Show Female PC Mods' option split perhaps. Maybe with a 'Show Both Sex PC Mods' for the specific ones that work for men and women like Chanelle.

There's a very simple answer to this question; I think I posted it before.

As things stand now, all I(or a random player who likes RE) have to do is click "I" once. It's very simple, very comfortable, and, most of all, very rewarding to these players who like RE in its full glory.

If the player only likes magrat's encounters, or male encounters, or adult encounters, or "non-evil" encounters - okay, he or she can do so, but they have to "pay" by spending another minute choosing the components.

As such, separating the components into groups and forcing the user to make another choice will, first and foremost, hurt those players who like the encounters; not vice versa.

Besides, with rare exception(say, Anne's brother, who approaches you on the street, or Edwin/Haer'Dalis/Yoshimo, who initiate dialogue), installing the component won't change anything in your game - another character will appear in the Copper Coronet or the Den, another option will appear in a dialogue with Bodhi, but that's it.

Archived