Isn't She Grand, Boys?;)

Vigdis

There's so much I want to say about this mod and how awesome it is, but I'll just let it go at "I love her little back-and-forths with Nalia. They put a smile on my face.". If I say anything more, I'll start rambling about how much I loved flirting with Shar-Teel via the BG I NPC Project and how that gave me a soft-spot for female warriors and how much it hurt realizing I'd never see her again after completing BG I and yeeeaah.

I also like her "Alternate Portrait 1" portrait. Nice hair.

I'll start rambling about how much I loved flirting with Shar-Teel via the BG I NPC Project and how that gave me a soft-spot for female warriors and how much it hurt realizing I'd never see her again after completing BG I

I to miss Shar-Teel, however I dont play the original BG anymore, just BGII. As for Auren, i have played her mod and she romanced Nalia. You made a very enjoyable mod ace, i like the interaction Npc mods bring to the BG world, and Auren has plenty. I just started with the Sarah mod, in reference to Auren she dont talk as much......I so need to teach myself how to make a mod

I adore Auren. I have been playing BG on and off for years and literally never made it past Spellhold because I like to restart so much when I get the idea for a new character. I've tried a lot of player-created NPC mods, and I think Auren is my favorite (Keto is also in the running). She's a very believable and brilliant character that seems like she's supposed to be in the game; her voicing is excellent. There are a few very well written mods that I find kind of irritating to play because the sound quality of the voice tracks is noticeably worse than the real game ones (Saerileth and Yasraena come to mind. Solid mods in terms of writing and such but can't get over that the sound quality is rubbish.) and Auren is just perfect.

The only thing I would change if I could magically go back in time is to convince you to have her romance someone other than Nalia. Pretty much anyone. I just don't like Nalia at all but feel like I'm required to bring her along when I have Auren. But, the romance is very well written. :laugh: Just would like to be able to romance her myself instead of stuck up richy rich lady.

Thanks for the compliments!

Fun story - here's what happened. I had a horrible horrible horrible fanfic for BG that I wrote forever ago, where the protagonist was Auren and she had a romance with Nalia. The mod is based on that story but very loosely. I've always liked Nalia and at the time, the only Nalia mod out there was an old mod that was in my opinion, not very interesting. So the goal of Auren was actually to give a little more content to Nalia originally but since I had never modded in my life, it seemed to make more sense to make an NPC mod. Also, since I did not want to overestimate my abilities or capabilities, I was very set on not making it a romance mod as well as the fact that a PC romance would cut the whole Nalia factor from the idea.

The more I wrote Auren, the more complex a character she became. In fact, mod Auren's personality does not even resemble fanfic Auren's personality.

So there you go. I made Auren the way she was because I wanted more Nalia content dammit! :laugh:

Auren: But...then why didn't you just make a friggin' Nalia mod?

Ace: Because I didn't want to have just another great idea. I wanted to start and finish a mod. And I would not have finished a Nalia romance mod. And why am I talking to a fictional character anyway?

Archived