PS:T Spells

takar_blackangel

First of all, I want to congratulate you (The Bigg) for this wonderful mod. Only a week ago I didn't believe I'd ever see a mod so useful. Thanks a lot.

Though, I've encountered a bug. In Planescape : Torment, whenever a spell is cast on the screen, PCs & NPCs alike, the game suffers atrocious stutter. I will see about 3-10 frames of the spell, depending on which one is cast, and the sound will also stutter. I tried to complete my fight, even with lag like this. However, after 5-7 spells are cast, i get a blue screen of death, followed by a reboot. Is there anyway to solve this? I'm playing in 1680*1050.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I haven't found an answer on the forum.

Once again, congratulations.

-Takar Blakangel

I haven't ever cast a spell with WSM, so this is possible. Does spell-casting work in a non-WSM game or not? The engine is likely CPU bound and thus might have troubles rendering more difficult scenes (E.G. spells) at higher resolutions.

Anyway, take a look at this thread and see if it can help.

Had the same issue.

I fixed this by going to :

RightClick on desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab -> Advanced Button -> Troubleshoot -> Lower Hardware Acceleration ...

I lowered it to one tick from No Acceleration.

Spells were fine after that, however, I did notice some occasional wierd mouse trail kinda thingies appearing over various GUI elements occasionally but not in the regular kinda gameplaye are, only on the character sheet, journal, etc.

Otherwise, I have to note, I love PS:T but have had such a hard time going back to (re)play this one compared to BG2 because of the ugly 640x480 res, and this widescreen modification has totally enthralled me, and I totally wanna give my thanks to the guy who put this thing out, because this made the (best?) RPG (re)playable again for me!

Had the same issue.

I fixed this by going to :

RightClick on desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab -> Advanced Button -> Troubleshoot -> Lower Hardware Acceleration ...

I lowered it to one tick from No Acceleration.

Spells were fine after that, however, I did notice some occasional wierd mouse trail kinda thingies appearing over various GUI elements occasionally but not in the regular kinda gameplaye are, only on the character sheet, journal, etc.

Thanks for your report (and the kind words, I guess). Can you tell me what hardware you have (especially what video card)? If it's NVidia, I'll add the info to the NVidia troubleshooting thread.

:)

Technically i'm not using this to play in widescreen, i'm just running it at 1024x768 cause some of the widescreen resolutions seem to make the game look really wierd. I do have a widescreen monitor, but I found that 1024x768 seems to look "the best", now the only wierd thing is (obviously) that the GUI/HUD/etc. other then the main game window seems to be in the top left corner of the thingy.

I've been looking around for a tutorial on GUI editing, found winbiff, mosworkshop & bamworkshop, but, i seem to be in a quandary as to how to effectively resize the UI to 1024x768. (Every test sample I did just made the screens just flicker and didn't seem to alter their resolution at all.)

I'm gonna mess around some more with it, but if i can figure it out I'm gonna try and convert the existing gui to 1024x768. (But, knowing me, i'm not very adept at these sorts of things and i get sidetracked really easily too.)

There are no newbie-friendly tools for editing the GUI (and no even remotely useful modding tools at TeamBG). Right now, the only ways to alter the GUI placement is to modify the CHU files, either manually or via a WeiDU script. The images are in MOS files, for which there is a Photoshop plugin, or some program to do MOS <-> BMP/JPG.

Anyway, good luck.

There are no newbie-friendly tools for editing the GUI (and no even remotely useful modding tools at TeamBG).

Please keep your bigg(oted) opinions to yourself in the future.

The images are in MOS files, for which there is a Photoshop plugin

And pray tell, where would such a plugin be developed and hosted?

There are no newbie-friendly tools for editing the GUI (and no even remotely useful modding tools at TeamBG).

While the emphasis is mine, the text is yours. You clearly have two separate statements.

'Requires a $900 program to work' is incompatible with both 'newbie-friendly' and 'remotely useful'.

There is absolutely no reason to pre-suppose a correlation between price, usefulness or experience.

I should also point out that the plugins are not solely for Photoshop - they are compatible with any graphics software that can load Photoshop style plugins. A list of such programs includes commercial, shareware and freeware programs.

Archived