Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for SR V3.1 (June 25th 2013)

Demivrgvs

Is SR already installed? If so you can copy every single file from the hotfix into override folder OR if you want to reinstall it you have to extract the hotfixes in main game directory (keep the filepath as subfolders are included), overwrite any file if asked, and reinstall via setup-spell_rev.exe.

If it's for a new install of SR, extract the official release v3.1, extract the hotfixes over it and install with setup-spell_rev.exe

Fiends summons in SR seem to assume that the SCSII component "More staying power for fiends" has been installed (for example, a Pit Fiend has around 200 HP, compared to vanilla's 80). That means on a non-SCSII install or, as in my case, an SCSII install where this particular component has not been selected, summoned fiends are much more powerful than their in-world counterpart. Perhaps SR should check for

FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dw#fiends_stayingpower.mrk~=1

and assign hitpoints accordingly ?

Fred

Is SR already installed? If so you can copy every single file from the hotfix into override folder OR if you want to reinstall it you have to extract the hotfixes in main game directory (keep the filepath as subfolders are included), overwrite any file if asked, and reinstall via setup-spell_rev.exe.

If it's for a new install of SR, extract the official release v3.1, extract the hotfixes over it and install with setup-spell_rev.exe

Hey thanks for your time! that worked perfectly. I still don't know how to get the .exe file to execute properly but copying it into the override folder seemed to be a good way around it!

David

Hey thanks for your time! that worked perfectly. I still don't know how to get the .exe file to execute properly but copying it into the override folder seemed to be a good way around it!
Sorry had no time to even reply on these forums lately. :(

Anyway, the way you make it sounds I think you're not doing it right. What do you mean by the .exe doesn't work? You click on it and nothing happens or it says something? Is it in the right folder?

installed the hotfix and the demon behavior followed the new script appropriately except for the gate spell. When I do the two lower level summons I get the % chance that they will follow me, with the gate spell the pit fiend automatically becomes hostile and attacks. has anyone else had this problem? any suggestions?

when I try to click on the .exe file the computer can't find a program to run it with. it tries first to open it with a word program (notebook) then if I try to open it with a different program it says it can't find an appropriate program to open the file with

Checked the Divine spells index for changes to Dispel Magic and didn't find any change, SR 3.1 still introduces a modded sppr303.spl with the Cure Feeblemindness effect removed which causes Feeblemind to be undispellable by this spell, while it states in Feeblemind description that Dispel Magic is required to remove this effect.

Checked the Divine spells index for changes to Dispel Magic and didn't find any change, SR 3.1 still introduces a modded sppr303.spl with the Cure Feeblemindness effect removed which causes Feeblemind to be undispellable by this spell, while it states in Feeblemind description that Dispel Magic is required to remove this effect.
I'll look into it right away.

- MSI's hobgoblins were not flagged as summons

same issue for greater skeletons

Fixed, thanks for reporting it. I'll update the hotfixes asap.

SPPR319B.SPL(Summon Insects) has a +2 bonus save vs. death or run away in fear. According to the spell description it should have no bonus/penalty save.

Nature's Beauty: Hostile mages with improved invisibility are unaffected by the spell.

Ring95.itm needs protection from spell Cloudkill. The Mustard Jelly form is immune to poison, therefore it should be immune to cloudkill's poison damage.

Hmm, i don't know why but this doesn't fix damage in Cloudkill. The Ring has poison resistance bonus 100 and SPWI 502 (Cloudkill) does only poison damage, why do i take damage?

Archived