Version 28 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Version 28 is now out, fixing most though probably not quite all the bugs revealed after a week of BG2EE being out. In particular, this one fixes the longstanding crash bug with the d'Arnise keep and several critical bugs on BG2EE installs, including one caused by the new patch.

Change-log:

New content

•Updated to WEIDU v236 (and deprecated v27's workaround of the v235 bug).

•Mildly tweaked combat scripting for Love et al (probably invisible in-game).

•Davaeorn's flunkies spawn slightly less frequently and no longer run through webs so readily.

•Slightly tweaked Davaeorn's scripting.

•Priests make more attempt to remove blindness.

•Updated French translation (thanks to Isaya).

Bugfixes

•High-level paladins and blackguards no longer summon devas out of combat.

•Fixed vanilla issue with paladin/blackguard Summon Fallen Deva: it no longer crashes the game when un-memorised via script.

•Improved Random Encounters modifies the random-encounter script less destructively, and no longer breaks Dorn's random encounter.

•Abazigal now uses his antimagic sequencer correctly.

•Mages no longer chuck meteors at invisible or sanctuaried targets.

•Sarevok still challenges player if approached at range.

•In BGEE installs, the (small) number of mages that now use Contingencies have them correctly described.

•"Improved starting dungeon" no longer stops the game starting in BG2EE.

•Troll spawns around the d'Arnise Keep no longer cause a sporadic crash bug.

•Corrected code bug with code that was supposed to prevent some creatures from being allocated potions.

•On TUTU/BGT installs, chess players and dwarven doom guards are now race=golem, which prevents them from getting potions. (This is already the case on BGEE.)

•Prevented (rare) situations where non-warriors used strength potions.

•On EE installs, Durlag's Tower love-fight wardens no longer appear twice. (They don't appear twice on non-EE installs either, but that's not new!)

•"Avarice" is now designated as a thief, correcting a BGEE bug where he doesn't use his backstab.

•Mages and priests should now use scrolls correctly (no more random "reads a scroll" messages).

•On installs without "Improved Shapeshifting", avengers no longer shapeshift into lesser basilisks (cool though that does sound).

•Davaeorn's Battle Horrors are no longer mislocated on EE installs.

•Davaeorn's flunkies now spawn correctly.

•Fixed an ordering error which meant pre-cast protection spells don't protect against sequencer-cast attack spells. (Main noticeable effect: Davaeorn's MGI doesn't protect him against his initial sequencer.)

•Mages hopefully no longer melee when they have Minute Meteors available.

•Blinded mages and thieves no longer automatically go invisible.

•Phase spiders no longer teleport to invisible or sanctuaried creatures.

Compatibility fixes

•Worked around variable conventions for DISPEL_/REMOVE_MAGIC in a somewhat more compatibility-friendly way.

•We now work around duplicate entries in gtimes.ids in a less destructive way, inter alia not breaking BG1NPC romance timers.

•Kit-adding function should no longer choke on Divine Remix kits (this may help with other issues on megamod installs too, though I haven't tested it).

•Various bits of code should now skip corrupted files (and print a WARNING).

Silent post-release fixes

(26-11-2013)

•Fixed a function-library problem with signed integers; the only problem I'm aware of caused by this was that some creatures with very negative THAC0 (notably Melissan) were having it inappropriately modified.

•In rare circumstances, Fighter/Mages weren't getting their level set correctly.

•Irenicus in Hell now has his correct spell set.

•Irenicus in Hell is now included on the list of SoA creatures that get HLAs.

•On BGEE installs, Imoen now leaves and rejoins the party correctly.

•Mages and thieves no longer go invisible if they are paralysed or similar.

•Priests don't bother to remove blindness caused by Holy Smite, given its brief duration.

(27-11-2013)

•Liches et al are now correctly affected by Breach if "More consistent Breach" is installed.

Thanks for the new version David, especially for fixing these three things; holy smite on enemy thieves was basically free invisibility for them all.

Do mages still shoot spell sequencers/minor sequencers at invisible/sanctuaried targets? I've seen that a few times and figured it was a similar issue to the meteors. Also, do thieves still turn invisible while under other disabling effects that don't break AI scripts i.e. sleep but not confusion/feeblemind (that's less of an issue than blindness anyway, as you still needed to wander out of their line of sight)?

I tried installing v28 last night, the creatures who were bugged in v24 still seem to be so: Melissan again has a base THAC0 of 6 (not -7), Irenicus in Hell still has vanilla game spellbook, does he require HLA's for SoA mages installed to function? I didn't choose that option.

Cambions don't instacast anymore and have combat scripts, but their levels are messed up: PWARDEN.cre is now an 18th level fighter, 1st level mage, 1st level cleric.

Mentioned it over on the BGEE forums but I'll mention it here as well since I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

When using the NPC's Go To Inns component there is a problem with Imoen. Talking to her after dismissing her gives you the dismissal dialogue (i.e. you are unable to ask her to come back into the group).

Also, when dismissing her you do not have the option to have her stand where she is, you *have* to send her to an inn.

Do mages still shoot spell sequencers/minor sequencers at invisible/sanctuaried targets? I've seen that a few times and figured it was a similar issue to the meteors.

Pass. I'm not sure what's driving that; I'd have to investigate.

Also, do thieves still turn invisible while under other disabling effects that don't break AI scripts i.e. sleep but not confusion/feeblemind (that's less of an issue than blindness anyway, as you still needed to wander out of their line of sight)?

They still do, at least on the original v28 (see below).

I tried installing v28 last night, the creatures who were bugged in v24 still seem to be so: Melissan again has a base THAC0 of 6 (not -7),

Grrr. The algorithm I'm using turns out to be confused by negative THAC0.

Irenicus in Hell still has vanilla game spellbook, does he require HLA's for SoA mages installed to function? I didn't choose that option.

No, he requires "David remembers to implement Jon's spellset" to be installed to function.

Cambions don't instacast anymore and have combat scripts, but their levels are messed up: PWARDEN.cre is now an 18th level fighter, 1st level mage, 1st level cleric.

And *this* one turns out to be a bug that shows up only for multi-classed spellcasters that are single-classed on vanilla BG2 and whose levels don't need to be adjusted by SCS.

Mentioned it over on the BGEE forums but I'll mention it here as well since I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

When using the NPC's Go To Inns component there is a problem with Imoen. Talking to her after dismissing her gives you the dismissal dialogue (i.e. you are unable to ask her to come back into the group).

Also, when dismissing her you do not have the option to have her stand where she is, you *have* to send her to an inn.

It turns out her script is subtly different between TUTU and BGEE in a way I hadn't noticed.

I've just uploaded a silent update to SCSv28 that fixes all these issues (except the mage sequencer, which will take a bit more investigation). Will be live in a couple of minutes.

... and done.

Change-log:

•Fixed a function-library problem with signed integers; the only problem I'm aware of caused by this was that some creatures with very negative THAC0 (notably Melissan) were having it inappropriately modified.

•In rare circumstances, Fighter/Mages weren't getting their level set correctly.

•Irenicus in Hell now has his correct spell set.

•Irenicus in Hell is now included on the list of SoA creatures that get HLAs.

•On BGEE installs, Imoen now leaves and rejoins the party correctly.

•Mages and thieves no longer go invisible if they are paralysed or similar.

•Priests don't bother to remove blindness caused by Holy Smite, given its brief duration.

Didn't expect it to be fixed *that* quickly. Awesome work. Much appreciated.

I also noticed odd behavior with the SCS component regarding reputation change in BGEE. (I currently have it set to 1/3 but I don't think the amount is relevant).

Invite Viconia into party: Rep -2

Dismiss Viconia from party: Rep +2

Invite Dorn into party: Rep -2

Dismiss Dorn from party: *Rep +1*

I don't know if that is working as intended or if you wanted consistency across both characters, but there you have it.

The initialize component fails to install on tutu for me (current version of easytutu). The error message is:

ERROR: illegal 4-byte read from offset 106 of 0-byte file IPLOT01K.ITM

ERROR: [iPLOT01K.ITM] -> [override/IPLOT01K.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds (GET_OFFSET_ARRAY)"))

I have the following mods already installed:

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells

~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 8.1

Any ideas what's wrong?

I had already tried moving them to a subfolder and that seemed to do nothing. But I just tried deleting them and the initialize component installation got a lot further than before. It still aborted, but now with the following error:

SFO: Applying patch(es) to CRE file(s) avaricem...

FAILURE:

You are trying to edit avaricem.CRE, which does not exist in the game

I pasted the tail of the debug file to http://pastebin.com/UHeweaha (only the tail because the complete file was too large to put there).

In case it can cause problems I should mention that the BG2 installation I used for tutu has a bunch of mods installed.

Archived