Mod Compatibility List for EET

There is another option by using NI's PNG export as an intermediate step:

1. Export TIS as PNG

2. Open Tools > Image to TIS... to export the PNG back into legacy TIS. Specify 4892 tiles for BH1000.TIS and 1591 tiles for BH2201.TIS.

3. Copy both resulting TIS into override folder and export them as PVRZ-based TIS.

The second step in combination with the third step ensures that extra tiles (such as open doors) are laid out correctly on the pvrz textures to further reduce graphical artifacts in the game.

I have found one more Tis file like that from another mod RR3300 from RoT.. I assume a similar treatment may help. Just - I have no idea how you calculate those rile numbers (it ofers me 2820 per default).

I have determined tile count by finding the highest tile index in the WED file (and a bit of trial and error). It's probably also safe to use the default tile count value calculated by the TIS converter. Unless it results in less tiles than referenced in WED. In that case you have to add a new row of tiles (i.e. expand image canvas by 64 pixels at the bottom of the image with a graphics editor).

Edited by argent77

The second step in combination with the third step ensures that extra tiles (such as open doors) are laid out correctly on the pvrz textures to further reduce graphical artifacts in the game.

I have found one more Tis file like that from another mod RR3300 from RoT.. I assume a similar treatment may help. Just - I have no idea how you calculate those rile numbers (it ofers me 2820 per default).

I have determined tile count by finding the highest tile index in the WED file (and a bit of trial and error). It's probably also safe to use the default tile count value calculated by the TIS converter. Unless it results in less tiles than referenced in WED. In that case you have to add a new row of tiles (i.e. expand image canvas by 64 pixels at the bottom of the image with a graphics editor).

I made some attempts - going close to the highest tile index in the WED file gives me a map with missing doors (black holes).

Taking the default values works fine. Just I cannot convert the resulting Tis to Tis+PVRZ.

It worked fine for the files from the other mod yesterday - this one seems to have other problems.

Thank you for your enduring patience.

EDIT - I got a partial success by wild experimentation. Exporting the png to PRVZ based Tis instead of legacy, gives me a usable map now. There sre still minor lines in the vicinity of closed doors but a major improvement compared to previous state.

Edited by Roxanne

Hello,

SoBH it finally works!

Thanks again a lot Roxanne!

But how did you do it, that the travel triggers finally work ?

Only thing left: it still forces the file DYNAJ.dlg in override, or it will not install properly ;-((

Can you provide some more detail about that Dynaj.dlg error. What does it say exactly e.g. something about CHAIN cannot be appended ...it should tell you the name of some d-file that causes the error. Can you find that in the SETUP-BONEHILLEET.DEBUG? It does not happen in my install but would be easy to fix if I knew the exact dile causing it.

PS - I had Imoen and Sandrah with me through the part 1 of the mod and their various interjections with the mod character all triggered and worked, so no idea about Dynaheir. She was not in my party but stuff for her and Minsc was compiled to the files.

Edited by Roxanne

Hello,

okay, I provide the extract from the DEBUG File:

'===

[./override/EDWINJ.DLG] loaded, 32386 bytes
[EDWINJ.DLG] loaded

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'
Resource [DYNAJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [bonehillEET/BGT/d/BHGELPAS.d]: Failure("resource [DYNAJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [secret of BoneHill (EET)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [bonehillEET/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "BonehillEET/backup/0/OTHER.0")
[bonehillEET/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 1395 files for [bONEHILLEET/SETUP-BONEHILLEET.TP2] component 0.
'===

... if BHGELPAS.d changed, then this:

'===
[./override/GARRIJ.DLG] loaded, 572 bytes
[GARRIJ.DLG] loaded

[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [bonehillEET/BGT/d/BHFABIO.d]: Failure("resource [DYNAJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")

Unable to Unlink [bonehillEET/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "BonehillEET/backup/0/OTHER.0")

'===

Can you see something in it ?

Hello,

okay, I provide the extract from the DEBUG File:

'===

[./override/EDWINJ.DLG] loaded, 32386 bytes

[EDWINJ.DLG] loaded

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [bonehillEET/BGT/d/BHGELPAS.d]: Failure("resource [DYNAJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")

'===

... if BHGELPAS.d changed, then this:

'===

[./override/GARRIJ.DLG] loaded, 572 bytes

[GARRIJ.DLG] loaded

[./chitin.key]

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [bonehillEET/BGT/d/BHFABIO.d]: Failure("resource [DYNAJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")

'===

Can you see something in it ?

Corrected the two dialogue files (found Fabio already before, just missed Gelpas).

(The problem with your method of adding is fine for install, just as long as you do not take Dynaheir into Bone Hill. If she is there, the Fabio or Gelpas dialogues will break when it is time for her interjection (since her dialogue file used at this time will be dynahj rather than dinaj). )

Hello,

that does not explain, why you didn't get this error!

Does the Sandrah mod accidentily fix this issue ?

Alright, I dont intend to have Dynaheir with me in Bonehill, although I had her with me earlier....

But shouldn't copying DYNAHJ.dlg to DYNAJ.dlg fix the Problem with Dynaheir also ?

Also I'm still interested, how you have managed that the travel triggers are working now!

What was the cause of this issue, and why was it only me with this issue ?

In all, we seem to have a working Bonehill Mod now, thats what counts ;-))

(you have posted the corrected version by now, have you ?)

There's another thing (for me): the incompatibility between "lost items" and the Option "Unique Containers" (EET_Tweaks ?)

Can someone please have a look at it ?

At the momemt I decided to use the "Unique Containers" option and leave the "lost Items"

It seems, thats no great loss anyway...

Then I would have most of my preferred mods from BGT for EET!

Hello,

that does not explain, why you didn't get this error!

Does the Sandrah mod accidentily fix this issue ?

>>>>>> No, but I may have some mod that adds the diaogue (e.g. CtB?) Anyway it is not used in game.

Alright, I dont intend to have Dynaheir with me in Bonehill, although I had her with me earlier....

But shouldn't copying DYNAHJ.dlg to DYNAJ.dlg fix the Problem with Dynaheir also ?

>>>>> No, it just compiles fine but Dynaheir's BH talks would be added in the wrong file. Not in the one she will have assigned when she is with you in BH. This is why the dialogue will fail when Dynaheir's lines are due.

Also I'm still interested, how you have managed that the travel triggers are working now!

What was the cause of this issue, and why was it only me with this issue ?

>>>>> The only things I have done to worldmap/travel issues are

- trigger correct worldmap tables during installs

- replace former BGT random encounter areas by their EET counterparts.

In all, we seem to have a working Bonehill Mod now, thats what counts ;-))

(you have posted the corrected version by now, have you ?)

Edited by Roxanne

I've made a small WeiDU mod that automates the texture conversion process for PVRZ files. It converts all PVRZ files of the game and places the converted files (back) into the override folder. Depending on the selected texture format and your hardware the conversion process may take a looong time. I think "PVRTC 4bpp" is the preferred texture format for iOS devices.

Download: A7-TextureConvert-mod.7z

Got an error on MacOS:

ERROR: COPY ~B100050.PVRZ~ ~A7-TextureConvert/temp/in/B100050.PVRZ~ FAILED: cannot open target

ERROR Installing [Convert PVRZ files -> Texture format: PVRTC 4bpp], rolling back to previous state

WARNING: Unable to write tlk-path uninstall info to [A7-TextureConvert/backup/1/TLKPATH.1]: Sys_error("A7-TextureConvert/backup/1/TLKPATH.1: Too many open files")

Will uninstall 0 files for [A7-TEXTURECONVERT/SETUP-A7-TEXTURECONVERT.TP2] component 1.

Uninstalled 0 files for [A7-TEXTURECONVERT/SETUP-A7-TEXTURECONVERT.TP2] component 1.

ERROR: Sys_error("A7-TextureConvert/temp/in/B100050.PVRZ: Too many open files")

EDIT - feel free to continue this conversation over here:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29055

Edited by subtledoctor

I have added a small fix mod to EET compatibility. It addresses the issue reported for EET (which I also found in my Sandrah mod's Waterdeep access to Black Pits module) that causes a CtD in one of the battles,

This mod is not needed if you have Sandrah installed (it is fixed there already) or if you have no intend to play the Black Pits standalone campaign in EET

BlackPitsFix.zip

PS - added to BWS

Edited by Roxanne