Translation

Guest Thioderik

Guest Thioderik

Hello and thank you for your work.

I translated your mod into German and would like to ask, wether you were interessted to include it into future releases or if you had anything against releasing it via the German Translation Project.

Thioderik

Oh? I'm sorry, I hadn't realised. I've checked this forum and my archives; could you send it again?

We will have the following extra strings in v2: if you could add these in to setup.tra that would be appreciated. If not, I'll just use the English strings for now. And my apologies again for the delays with things!

@3400=~Install Duskblade fighter kit (by ronin69hof, ronin69hof@gmail.com~

@3401=~duskblade~

@3402=~Duskblade~

@3403=~DUSKBLADE: The duskblade blurs the line between spellcaster and warrior, marrying the power of magic with hand-to-hand combat prowess. A student of ancient elven spellcasting techniques, the duskblade combines arcane spellcasting with the combat skills of a fighter. While the ability to cast arcane spells in armor originated with the elves, over the millennia the secrets of the duskblade have been disseminated to the other races and today members of any race can become a duskblade.

Duskblades are able to use their magic while wearing armor up to and including splint mail, and may be of any non-evil alignment.

Advantages:

- From level 4, may cast Entropic Shield and Magic Missile once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 8 and 12. Entropic Shield forms a magical residue providing mild protection from all ranged attacks. The shield has a 20% chance of deflecting a missile attack away from the caster. This lasts for 5 rounds per 4 levels of the caster.

- From level 7, may cast Melf's Acid Arrow once per day. Extra uses are gained at levels 14 and 20.

- From level 8, may cast Remove Magic and Haste once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 12.

- From level 12, may cast Greater Malison and Stoneskin once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 16.

- From level 16, may cast Breach and Phantom Blade once each per day. An extra use is gained at level 20.

Disadvantages:

- May only Specialize (2 stars) in weapons.

- May not dualclass.

- May not use bows or missile weapons

- Can only wear armor up to and including splint mail

A Duskblade may pick the Wizard spells of Tenser’s Transformation, Mantle or Mordenkainen’s Sword as HLAs, each useable once per day, in addition to the normal choice available to a Fighter. These are cast in the same manner as their other spells.~

@3404=~Entropic Shield~

@3405=~Entropic Shield (Abjuration)

Level: 1

Area of effect: Self

Duration: 5 rounds/4 levels

Casting time: 1

This spell forms a magical residue providing mild protection from all ranged attacks. The shield has a 20% chance of deflecting a missile attack away from the caster. This lasts for 5 rounds per 4 levels of the caster.~

@3406=~You have summoned an Entropic Shield~

EDIT: I see in another thread that the translation went to Cam--that'd explain why I don't have it! Cam, would you like to put it in the v2 package I uploaded or do you want to send it to me and I'll do it? These strings above are the only new ones.

Hm... I also don't have them. Okay, I will translate it again. :-) But eww.. I still have got too much work for one man ;) Am slowly making biig enhancement/improvement of all my old G3 translations - I can say that I've improved my translation workshop and knowledge about english ;-) [but still, my posts are more Mozambiquean than english :( ].

Your English has always come across well on the boards. :( If you're busy now, then don't worry about it--as I say, we can always release a new version with some translations reasonably quickly whenever they're ready, as I should be around a little bit more from now often.

The next version of Song and Silence will also have .tra files, if you'd like to translate that as well when you are ready. Keep an eye out for that one soon...

Some time ago I've made translated Song and Silence tp2 - because of big fame of this mod around polish players :-) Also I have got translated these additional kits (Shadow Dancer and Church Agent?) on old PC. I'm ready ;-)

I will probably provide it for you tomorrow, ok?

Guest Thioderik
Thanks, both of you--the translations have been included in the next version. :p

Hello Andyr, some computer-problems made me loose your e-mail-address. This Forum should be a good place for you to find this translation. The Duskblade in German:

@3400=~Installiere Dämmerklinge Kämpfer-Kit (von ronin69hof,

ronin60hof@gmail.com~

@3401=~dämmerklinge~

@3402=~Dämmerklinge~

@3403=~DÄMMERKLINGE: Die Dämmerklinge verwischt die Grenze zwischen

Zauberkundigem und Krieger, die Macht der Magie mit Nahkampfkünsten vermählend.

Als Schüler alter elfischer Zauberkünste verbindet die Dämmerklinge arkane

Zauberkunst mit der Kampffertigkeit eines Kämpfers.

Obwohl die Fähigkeit arkane Zauber in Rüstung zu sprechen von den

Elfen entwickelt wurde, wurde sie im Laufe der Jahrtausende auch den

anderen Rassen offenbart, so dass heute Angehörige aller Rassen Dämmerklinge

werden können.Menschen, Elfen und Halbelfen sind aber am häufigsten anzutreffen.

Dämmerklingen sind in der Lage, ihre Magie einzusetzen, während sie

Rüstung bis hin zu einem Schienenpanzer tragen und können von jeder

nichtbösen Gesinnung sein.

Vorteile:

- Ab Stufe 4 können Schild der Entropie und Magisches Geschoss jeweils einmal täglich

eingestzt werden. Eine weitere Anwendung wird in Stufe 8 und 12 erlangt.

Der Schild der Entropie formt ein Kraftfeld, das einen schwachen Schutz gegen

Fernkampfangriffe bietet.Der Schild verfügt über eine 20%ige Chance, Fernkampfangriffe

vom Zaubernden abzulenken.Er währt 5 Runden pro 4 Stufen des Zaubernden.

- Ab Stufe 7 können Melfs Säurepfeil jeweils einmal täglich eingesetzt werden. Weitere

Anwendungen werden in Stufe 14 und 20 erlangt.

- Ab Stufe 8 können Magie bannen und Hast jeweils einmal täglich eingesetzt werden. Eine weitere

Anwendung wird in Stufe 12 erlangt.

- Ab Stufe 12 können Grösseres Unbehagen und Steinhaut jeweils einmal täglich eingesetzt werden.

Eine weitere Anwendung wird in Stufe 16 erlangt.

- Ab Stufe 16 können Bresche und Phantomklinge jeweils einmal täglich eingesetzt werden.

Eine weitere Anwendung wird in Stufe 20 erlangt.

Nachteile:

- Kann sich nur mit 2 Sternen auf Waffen spezialisieren

- Kann nicht die Klasse wechseln

- Kann Bögen und Fernkampfwaffen nicht benutzen.

- Kann nur Rüstungen bis hin zu einem schienenpanzer tragen

Eine Dämmerklinge kann den Magierzauber Tensers Verwandlung, Schutzmantel oder Mordenkainens Schwert als Fähigkeiten in hohen Stufen zusätzlich zur normalen Auswahl eines Kämpfers wählen, jeweils mit einer Anwendung pro Tag. Sie werden in gleicher Weise wie seine anderen Zauber eingesetzt.~

@3404=~Schild der Entropie~

@3405=~Schild der Entropie (Bannzauber)

Level: 1

Reichweite: der Zaubernde

Dauer: 5 Runden/4 Stufen

Spruchdauer: 1

Dieser Zauber formt ein Kraftfeld, das einen schwachen Schutz gegen

Fernkampfangriffe bietet.Der Schild verfügt über eine 20%ige Chance, Fernkampfangriffe vom Zaubernden abzulenken.Er währt 5 Runden pro 4 Stufen des Zaubernden.~

@3406=~Ihr habt einen Schild der Entropie beschworen~

Archived