Free Action fix and defensive spin and Anomen's proficiencies

I've noticed that the fixpack adds to free action spells and items a protection from spell (206) effect, which protects from defensive spin (spcl522), and immunity to movement rate changes, which would allow a blade to move during defensive spin, if it had not been disabled.

I think that free action has nothing to do with the defensive spin; it's a choice of the blade, not to move in order to better defend himself, so, free action should not interfere with this.

I would suggest a different kind of fix for that spell: I've seen, on DLTCEP IESDP (I'm always wrong with acronyms), that there is another movementrate bonus effect (op 176), which is not dispelled by free action. The correct fix, IMO, would be to change the movement rate bonus in the spcl522 from 0p 126 to op 176, and not to add the protection from spell spcl522 to free action, free action ring,...

I'll include this code (which apparently works: the spell works, and I can't move) in my tweak pack:

COPY_EXISTING ~spcl522.spl~ ~override~				//defensive spin
READ_LONG 0x6a effoff
FOR (offset=effoff; offset<SOURCE_SIZE; offset += 0x30) BEGIN
	PATCH_IF (SHORT_AT offset) = 126 BEGIN
		WRITE_SHORT offset 176						//movement rate bonus
	END
END
BUT_ONLY

I suggest that you use it in the next version of BG2 fixpack

All other things aside, you might also want to add a opcode 101 for opcode 176 to the spell.

You're right, thanks!

I think this should work:

COPY_EXISTING ~spcl522.spl~ ~override~				//defensive spin
READ_LONG 0x6a effoff
FOR (offset=effoff; offset<SOURCE_SIZE; offset += 0x30) BEGIN
	PATCH_IF (SHORT_AT offset) = 126 BEGIN
		WRITE_SHORT offset 176						//movement rate bonus
	END
END
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ADD_SPELL_EFFECT
	INT_VAR opcode=101 target=1 parameter2=176 resist_dispel=2 duration=24
END
BUT_ONLY

I would suggest a different kind of fix for that spell: I've seen, on DLTCEP IESDP (I'm always wrong with acronyms), that there is another movementrate bonus effect (op 176), which is not dispelled by free action. The correct fix, IMO, would be to change the movement rate bonus in the spcl522 from 0p 126 to op 176, and not to add the protection from spell spcl522 to free action, free action ring
PnP Free Action "fixed" this a while ago, if I recall rightly (been a while since I've looked at it though).
PnP Free Action "fixed" this a while ago, if I recall rightly (been a while since I've looked at it though).

And speaking of which, the links in your sig (here and at SHS) to PnP Free Action does not seem to work...

EDIT: Is this the most current link?

And speaking of which, the links in your sig (here and at SHS) to PnP Free Action does not seem to work...

EDIT: Is this the most current link?

Huh... like I said I haven't looked at it for a while :beer:. Thanks for telling me... yeah, that's the latest.

Another thing I've noticed is that the fixpack adds proficiency in spears to Anomen. But he can't use spears (unless you install some mod which removes cleric restrictions from fighter/clerics).

Was this done for balancement reasons (otherwise, he would have had too many proficiencies? Otherwise, I think that it would be better to give him proficiency in flail instead

Another thing I've noticed is that the fixpack adds proficiency in spears to Anomen. But he can't use spears (unless you install some mod which removes cleric restrictions from fighter/clerics).

Was this done for balancement reasons (otherwise, he would have had too many proficiencies? Otherwise, I think that it would be better to give him proficiency in flail instead

You can read more about it here (and in a few other threads scattered throughout this forum).

You can read more about it here (and in a few other threads scattered throughout this forum).

Thanks! I had tried a search but couldn't find it; maybe I used the wrong words

Anyway (i'll write here because I don't want to necro), poor Anomen, he's not the most intelligent, but 10 doesn't meen he's dumb either... Minsc, then, should have proficiency in dagger and darts, as HE's really stupid..

(hmmm... could be a nice tweak... make Minsc's stupidity more explicit... :beer: )

and why has noone proficiency in flails? Some NPCs have too little str, but Anomen could have that instead of mace or warhammer, otherwise, you don't know what to do with all flails (including the flail of ages) you find

Thanks! I had tried a search but couldn't find it; maybe I used the wrong words

Anyway (i'll write here because I don't want to necro), poor Anomen, he's not the most intelligent, but 10 doesn't meen he's dumb either... Minsc, then, should have proficiency in dagger and darts, as HE's really stupid..

(hmmm... could be a nice tweak... make Minsc's stupidity more explicit... :beer: )

and why has noone proficiency in flails? Some NPCs have too little str, but Anomen could have that instead of mace or warhammer, otherwise, you don't know what to do with all flails (including the flail of ages) you find

All of that sounds very non-fixish to me. That's the sort of thing you should use Level 1 NPCs for, not the Fixpack.
All of that sounds very non-fixish to me. That's the sort of thing you should use Level 1 NPCs for, not the Fixpack.

Ok, I'll add a proficiency fix first, which gives him proficiency in flail instead of spear; I might add a stupidity tweak later.

edit: I reported a troll bug but it's not a fixpack issue

Archived