Dream Sequence Ambient Sounds

Guest Pyro

Guest Pyro

does anyone know the file names of the ambient sounds used during the dream sequences for BG2? there are so many ambient sounds it would take forever to listen to each one. is there a master list someplace saying what each ambient sound is used for?

Offhand, maybe dream*.wav sounds? If they're actual ambients, then probably amb*.wav sounds. There is no list I know of that says what's what.

Not sure what this has to do with DLTCEP though. You're better off using NI for sounds. DLTCEP doesn't even really have an option for them, unless you want to convert them to another format.

Guest Pyro
Offhand, maybe dream*.wav sounds? If they're actual ambients, then probably amb*.wav sounds. There is no list I know of that says what's what.

Not sure what this has to do with DLTCEP though. You're better off using NI for sounds. DLTCEP doesn't even really have an option for them, unless you want to convert them to another format.

dream*.wav sounds are all dialog files of what imoen says during the dream

yeah i know all ambients start with the prefix "AM" i just dont know which one(s) are used in the dream sequences (or how to go about finding out). and theres a ton of ambient sounds so itd take forever to go through them all. i tried using NI to find the area that the dreams took place in to see what ambient sounds were used in the script, and it seemed the areas that came up were "XR2400.ARE" and "XR2600.ARE" but when i try to access them, i get this: "error reading XR2*00.ARE data/progtest.bif not found"

Actually, you can use DLTCEP to find the dream ambient sounds, but it takes a trip to the IESDP first to find out the area the dream uses.

All of the dreams in BG2 take place in areas, like AR0011, Candlekeep Dream 1 ("Do you remember Candlekeep?"). Run DLTCEP, open up AR0011, or whatever the dream area you are curious about, click on the "Ambient" tab, and it will give you a list of all the area ambient sounds, and will tell you which is which under "Sound Resources." Unless you're talking about spell sound effects. If that's the case, you need to look up the scripts.

Guest Pyro

yes! thats exactly what i wanted to be able to do! my only question now is: how do you find out which area you want to explore? for this one i guess it was easy cuz its the first one listed...but like, for other dream sequences or whatever. i know for normal areas that you can interact you can get the coordinates and that will give you the area but for dreams i dont think it will let you

thanks a lot berelinde! this is exactly what i wanted!

Guest_Pyro_*, which dream are you curious about? All of the dreams are called from player1.bcs, so if you can describe the dream, preferably with at least one exact quote of dialogue, that would narrow it down.

Guest Pyro

the one i was curious about was the first dream, but we've figured out thats AR0011. so i was more asking for future purposes if this happens again how would i go about finding the area. but being able to reference player1.bcs should be good enough. thanks

What else can NI do with them?
Nothing much, I guess. It just seems a little more intuitive because you can expand and scroll through them along with the rest of the resources, whereas in DLTCEP you have to make as if you're going to convert sounds to scroll through and play them. Might help to have them off the Edit menu with everything else. Also in NI you can export sounds without converting them and specify the output folder (though maybe this is buried in DLTCEP somewhere).

Archived