Bug reports in v30

using v30 scs i can not successfully install' smarter AI" bgee and bg2ee both give me the exact same error...

"ERROR: Failure("resource [APMNKA3.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

It's likely that one of the mods that modify the game content refers into that spell while it doesn't add it in, and as such, the SCS fails to install. Fixing that in the other mod will fix the SCS's install. The reason for this is that the SCS's install functions can only go so far, and such behavior goes above their call of duty.

Use "Changelog Mod" and check changes for APMNKA3.spl file

That's not likely to help, cause if the file doesn't exist, it can't be --change-logged. Dah.

thanks any idea how i go about finding out which mod refers to that?

It's likely to be one of these:

SETUP-BGEEAR.TP2 0 0 Installed

SETUP-BGEEW.TP2 0 0 Installed

MNKOVERHAUL/MNKOVERHAUL.TP2 0 0 Installed

MNKOVERHAUL/MNKOVERHAUL.TP2 0 2 Installed

MSFM.TP2 0 0 Installed

MSFM.TP2 0 1 Installed

MSFM.TP2 0 2 Installed

MSFM.TP2 0 3 Installed

MSFM.TP2 0 4 Installed

MSFM.TP2 0 6 Installed

SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER/SARADAS_REVISIONED_SHAPESHIFTER.TP2 0 0 Installed

MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2 0 0 Installed

MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2 0 1 Installed

MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2 0 7 Installed

It's very likely that the file reference comes from a kit's clab****.2da file, but since I am not a EE expert, I have no idea what those mods actually are even, so ... ninja -ed, da%&¤#¤% !

found it.. edited it out and scs is working.. ty folks

You might wish to go to the mods forum and report the fact and request for a fix, so others won't run to this. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

i reported it on the apropriate mods forum so others dont experience a conflict with that mod and scs

Do you want to mention which mod it was, in case someone with a similar problem finds this thread?

Incidentally, a similar thing happened with my mod: I had a CLAB reference to a file that hadn't been COPIED over. Ordinarily this is no big deal: the spell effect wouldn't happen, but you can still play the game.

With SCS however, it choked and refused to install. Now, this was actually helpful for me, since it called my attention to the bug. But for the player it's very frustrating - they are unable to install a mod that they see dozens of other people installing, and they don't know why.

The retort is, of course, "it's a bug in the other mod, not SCS, so it's not SCS's problem." And point taken. But I'm curious, what exactly is SCS doing that causes it to choke so hard on a simple missing CLAB .spl reference? What, exactly, is the function that the other mod's bug is causing to be interrupted?

Edited by subtledoctor

Have you also solved a bug with summon elementals? After you got through mental battle it just becomes uncontrollable.

Has this been confirmed by anyone else, or is the poster simply unaware of the fact the mage versions of elemental summon spells have a chance to lose control by design?

From BWS install debug.

Installing [Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle] [v30]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files ..

/snip

ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub") in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=immunity_to_opcode, arguments=109 157
ERROR: [M#YDEMON.CRE] -> [override/M#YDEMON.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))
Stopping installation because of error.

Failed to patch M#YDEMON.CRE; error message was Invalid_argument("String.sub")

Let me know if I need to provide additional info.

I am having an issue in the slaver fight in act 2, in the guarded compound of the temple district. First of all it I never had to fight the glabrezu on the first floor (everything else spawned and i fought it) although the animation for the glabrezu spawning did seem to occur (i ran forward and triggered it with a stealthed character and then ran back towards the entrance to try to fight enemies separately) I dropped a few cloudkills to offscreen kill the efreeti, which may have killed the glabrezu although to my knowledge no damage information for the glabrezu was displayed in the console. Now I wouldnt be too concerned if I didnt have to fight him haha but I am just giving background for the true problem.

I ran up the stairs to the main fight and immediately came back downstairs, and seemingly due to the best RNG in the world, only koshi came down after me. I killed koshi (taking the celestial fury!!) and was able to save. Next I tried this again, and was able to get only ketta (!!!!) to follow me back down... little did I know however that wasn't as great as it seemed. For some reason the ketta is absolutely invincible. I tried conventionally quite some times, getting her down to "near death" and letting my team wail on her for 15-20 minutes to no avail. Then I did a little researching and enabled the console (it was not previously enabled) and tried using the kill command on her, which does nothing besides bringing her down to "near death" status.

I got off really easy getting the katana how I did, (it was the entire reason I went there) so I would really like to avoid having to roll back my save, any ideas on how to fix this issue?

It appears that the Ketta you're fightning is the one who Sion talks to before the battle ("Ketta, shall we?"), while the upper floor version is the killable one. I never had this problem, but I don't run in between areas...

Edited by kreso

Well i dont think going between areas has anything to do with it. I would like to see you fight that battle straight up at level 9 on insane with scs, I just want to get the katana before i continue with the story quests.. It might be though that I gave the response that I would leave when they had dialogue when I had first entered the house.