SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

@Throari: I don’t know that mod, and there are enough structural changes in SCS between v30 and v32 that I really don’t recommend using it.

@Salk: have you tested this on BGT and v32 (i.e. in the last eight days)? If so, give me a precise description of what happened and how to reproduce this, and I’ll have a look.

Hello (and belated welcome back)! ;)

@Salk: have you tested this on BGT and v32 (i.e. in the last eight days)? If so, give me a precise description of what happened and how to reproduce this, and I’ll have a look.

I will test it as soon as possible. At the moment, I do not have the game installed and I have not even tested the interim v31 because I thought I'd wait for a version endorsed and released by you.

I hope to be able to give a detailed feedback before the end of the week.

Thanks.

Edited by Salk

I will test it as soon as possible. At the moment, I do not have the game installed and I have not even tested the interim v31 because I thought I'd wait for a version endorsed and released by you.

Thanks.

By the way, I don't know if you saw my post on the subject, but SCS finally does something closer to your preferences for detectable items - they're detected only after the first time an enemy uses a spell against them.

It was never viable to do that under the original-game system, but both ToBEx and EE radically increase the space of options.

Thanks.

By the way, I don't know if you saw my post on the subject, but SCS finally does something closer to your preferences for detectable items - they're detected only after the first time an enemy uses a spell against them.

It was never viable to do that under the original-game system, but both ToBEx and EE radically increase the space of options.

Oh yes! :)

I did notice that in the change-log. I follow closely everything you report here of course. I won't need to tweak that .ini option anymore now!

Thank you for going the extra mile to make SCS even better. ;)

May I take advantage of your presence here to ask what kind of future plans you have (if you have any) for SCS?

It seems to me that SCS became so complex and refined that all the is left now is to just improve compatibility and remove possible glitches rather than introduce new components. But that is just my impression...

Best of luck!

PS - An additional curiosity (hoping to not waste too much of your free time): you have also gone to great lengths to secure compatibility with SR even if you said you don't personally use it. Can I ask what of the revised spell system you find unconvincing? Thanks!

Edited by Salk

Hi

Is 'Divine Protection' the level 5 divine spells supposed to have a casting time of 1 (out of 9) and a duration of 3 rounds?

Also improved divine protection level 7 divine casting time of 1/9, duration 3 rounds.

I have basically only SCS 32 and a few convinience mods and have yet to try only scs 32:

Edited by david77

May I take advantage of your presence here to ask what kind of future plans you have (if you have any) for SCS?

It seems to me that SCS became so complex and refined that all the is left now is to just improve compatibility and remove possible glitches rather than introduce new components. But that is just my impression...

I never reveal future plans.

That said, if SCS's core goal is AI improvement, I think by now I replace the AI script of essentially every hostile creature in the game (outside the Beamdog content), so there's no room there for genuinely new material (and those are the components that are most delicate and prone to compatibility glitches). If there are new components they're likely to be new tactical challenges or gameplay tweaks.

PS - An additional curiosity (hoping to not waste too much of your free time): you have also gone to great lengths to secure compatibility with SR even if you said you don't personally use it. Can I ask what of the revised spell system you find unconvincing? Thanks!

I don't specifically find anything unconvincing; I think SR is carefully and thoughtfully designed. But personally I find it changes the flavor of the game a bit too much for me. (And from a practical point of view, SCS needs to keep having the baseline system as its default, and the framework in which I primarily think, if I don't want to tie SCS to SR). As for why I put time into supporting it: (i) there's clearly a significant minority of SCS players who also really like SR; (ii) it's an interesting technical challenge (and I write mods at least in part because I like solving interesting technical problems); (iii) I wanted to support IWD spells properly, and once I had a systematic framework in place to support multiple spell systems it was comparatively easy to add another.

Is 'Divine Protection' the level 5 divine spells supposed to have a casting time of 1 (out of 9) and a duration of 3 rounds?

Also improved divine protection level 7 divine casting time of 1/9, duration 3 rounds.

Yes. (Check the spell descriptions; they match.)

Hello awesome work. I have found two bugs:

- Electrical bolts casted by lightning mephits still interrupt spellcasting although i have 100% resistance.

- Ease of use ai script is casting mind blank back to back until level 8 spells are depleted as a sorcerer.

Edited by Hicuty

Hello, just chiming in to report that I have also gotten the "commoners going hostile during Neera introduction fight" bug. The first time There were some commoners around, and they immediately went hostile. I ended up waiting until night to do the fight so nobody would be around - even when one was outside of my field of vision (but still somewhat close) they went hostile and ran into the fight only to run away again. I ended up having to wait until the one commoner in the area decided to walk the other direction in order to clear the fight without a reputation loss. So it's definitely not just a random spell getting tagged on a neutral NPC. BG1EE 2.5.17.0

Also, during installation I got a few warning messages about not being able to find a few spells, all ones that were added by the IWD arcane/divine spell component of SCS. This didn't happen with the first RC so I'm not sure what's going on there.

IWD port maybe?

(One can dream... :happy:)

Hi

I think there is a bug related to the conversation.

I installed banterpack, scs32, tweakanthlolgy, and atweak.(bg2ee)

As time goes by, Love Talk must go, but not at all.

banterpack and scs v31 did not have that problem.

I'm spending time with console tricks, but there's no love talk conversation at all.

Perhaps it is related to the npc customization (becuz it is related to the character file)

I want you to check this out.

Edited by legotaksin

Hi

I think there is a bug related to the conversation.

I installed banterpack, scs32, tweakanthlolgy, and atweak.(bg2ee)

As time goes by, Love Talk must go, but not at all.

banterpack and scs v31 did not have that problem.

I'm spending time with console tricks, but there's no love talk conversation at all.

Perhaps it is related to the npc customization (becuz it is related to the character file)

I want you to check this out.

I don't understand this, sorry.

Can you give me a precise description of how to reproduce the bug?