need some brainstorming: managing spells cast per day with opcode 214

This is super awesome. Notwithstanding the thread title, I've totally cut opcode 214 out of the picture now, which means this can actually be done in the wizard class (!)

Only thing is, the kit has all of its memorization slots stripped away, and spells are replaced with innate abilities under the "cast spell" button... just like SCS HLAs-as-innates. Given that you can't actually memorize anything, I can't figure out how this kit can possibly use:

- Identify

- Sequencers

- Contingencies

Any idea how I could make something like the Ring of Wizardry work with this system? Or, a bit more complicated, stat-based bonuses?

Say 1st-level spell slots are represented by (x << 8) of stat 113. As I level up, i get 233 effects increasing the stat, to (5 << 8). Then as I cast spells, they decrease the stat, each time by (1 << 8). When the stat drops to (0 << 8), the no longer appear so it is not possible to decrease it any further. When I rest the stat is restored to (5 << 8) and the spells are available again. So far so good.

Say we have a ring with a constant equipping effect increasing the stat by (1 << 8). That would be fine... unless I cast all my spells, dropping the stat to (0 << 8), and then take off the ring. Result: the stat value would drop to (-1 << 8), i.e. -256. Or if I am proficient in SWS, -255. That doesn't sound good. Would the value wrap around and give me 4 billion (give or take a few) points in SWS?