EET 1.0 ETA and stuff

K4thos

1. Are we there yet?

no

2. When the version 1.0 will be released?

no ETA unfortunately. Sorry that initial "around patch 2.0" estimation didn't work out

3. What's left to do?

- finish testing new patch 2.0 features (among other things deciding if/how MoveToCampaign action will be used) edit: done

- testing new BG1 -> BG2 transition system based on SoD code (NPCs are moved to BG2 location not during transition but once you visit that area, characters disabled via DestroySelf)

- updating mod patches (after decinging what to do with global scripts) edit: done

- testing SoD implementation

- updating readme and documentation

- publishing "release candidate" and waiting for feedback

- waiting for WeiDU update that supports new file format extraction

4. Reasons for the delay

- moving from unemployment into full time job (if you can call working 12-16 hours a day full time :p),

- rather late access to EE builds with all features implemented

Damn, a full time job.. that's poison for the release schedule! :p

Ah. there was a 17-18 year wait...so what is another month or two...real life still has priority - and honestly nobody could have expected EET on the very date of SoD release anyway.... And you know, first impressions are important, so rather wait a bit longer but have a new game (and new modding platform) that works well and encourages a lot of players to try it out.

Seriously though, glad you found something. Good for you!

Same from me.

I'll hold off on SoD until I can play it in my first EET run.

Definitely, it is supposed to be the missing link between the two parts, so I will wait to have the ONE game available.

(if you can call working 12-16 hours a day full time :p),

O.o

I don't call that "full time" I call that slave labor!

Take your time and I hope the job works out well for you! Gives me more time to edit and revise the IWD writing portion of the mod anyway :)

Didn't need to wait for that, the separate mod.KEY file is not needed (everything is handled through the chitin.key), I think this was only some debug file...

Hmm, I've to correct my post, the steam version uses the mod.key file, but the better question is when weidu is ready to add support for the sod-dlc.zip (SoD is completely packaged in it, weidu have to unpackage, then install the mod and repackage and use the centralfix.exe to install Mods for SoD... :blink:)

Didn't need to wait for that, the separate mod.KEY file is not needed (everything is handled through the chitin.key), I think this was only some debug file...

Hmm, I've to correct my post, the steam version uses the mod.key file, but the better question is when weidu is ready to add support for the sod-dlc.zip (SoD is completely packaged in it, weidu have to unpackage, then install the mod and repackage and use the centralfix.exe to install Mods for SoD... :blink:)

Too bad, but thanks for the hint - i would have spent enfless frustrating hours with my version of the game that has exactly this issue.

So no chance to extend any mod into SoD for the time being.

Is it not possible to just unzip the stuff , rename mod.key to chitin.key and move it all to override??

Sorry, forgot that at the moment it is just an extension, not yet part of the game until EET integrates it...

Sure, EET could unzip the file, rename the key file, reload everything and then progress, but that's not really modder friendly... ;)

Agree - not every modder will contribute to EET - but those who did work for BGEE mods would probably like to extend their mod into SoD. And not exclude all those (like me) who made the mistake of taking the steam or Gog version of the game.

Archived