EETLauncher

Hi, I created launcher for EET:

image.png.9c269a3d5f1f5440ee4ae21147ee76c9.png

Usage:

• put it into game folder with EET installation

Features:

• only execute baldur.exe from BG2EE directory if EET installation is detected
  • support for EEEx
  • open EET readme file
  • open EET forum
  • open EET webpage
  • open correct EET baldur.lua
  • change EET GUI

Feedback is welcome.

Download ( only for Windows 7, 8.1, 10 , NET Framework 4 or higher required )

Changelog:

1.6.3 - fixed typos

1.6.2 - added support for latest "EEEx"

1.6.1 - added "EEEx" support

1.6.0 - added "Mods" link

1.5.0 - rewrite using WPF

1.4.0 - rewrite using Windows Forms

1.3.0 - responsive "Change GUI to ..." operation

1.2.0 - added ability to change EET GUI

1.1.0 - added background, custom font, mouse hover reaction, "SETTINGS" button

1.0.0 - first version

Edited by AL|EN

Any details available what it is good for or how to use it?

When I try to run it, my Avira blocks it and deletes it.

When I try to run it without Avira, it tells me I need net framework 3.0 or better. Since I have windows 10, this makes no sense, since it is included already?

Thanks for feedback, It is really helpful. Virus detection is false positive. It's the same stupid thing as with many others AV's. Application is nothing more than 50 lines of Powershell Windows Forms code. I think that the problem leads in the way how the code is packed into .exe. I see what I can do about it but not now.

NET 3.0 requirements, I hopefully fixed it. Please redownload whole repository using new download link: https://github.com/ALIENQuake/EETLauncher/archive/master.zip

Usage: It's very simple application which execute baldur.exe from BG2EE directory if EET installation is detected, opens EET readme file, opens webpage with a link to this forum.

( Windows 10 has only 4.0+ enabled by default, when you run application which require NET <4.0, it offers you a option to enable build-in legacy version )

Edited by ALIENQuake

Thanks for feedback, It is really helpful. Virus detection is false positive. It's the same stupid thing as with many others AV's. Application is nothing more than 50 lines of Powershell Windows Forms code. I think that the problem leads in the way how the code is packed into .exe. I see what I can do about it but not now.

NET 3.0 requirements, I hopefully fixed it. Please redownload whole repository using new download link: https://github.com/ALIENQuake/EETLauncher/archive/master.zip

Usage: It's very simple application which execute baldur.exe from BG2EE directory if EET installation is detected, opens EET readme file, opens webpage with a link to this forum.

( Windows 10 has only 4.0+ enabled by default, when you run application which require NET <4.0, it offers you a option to enable build-in legacy version )

It works, I put the exe and the config file into BG2EE and it launches the game or opens the webpages.

1.2.0 - added ability to change EET GUI :happy:

I have the following issue

- EET_gui mod is installed and in use.

- I start your tool and go to Setting

- it shows SoD GUI in use and I select change to BG2

- The tool freezes. When I kill it in Taskmanager I can start the game from Baldur.exe and the GUI has been changed to BG2 indeed.

- when I try your tool again, it still shows me SoD GUI in use and offers me BG2 for change

I re-installed EET_Gui mod to repair.

Launcher is freezing because it execute EET_Gui mod with appropriate commandline switches for installing and uninstalling. If the installation/GUI change was sucesful, the "Current GUI" text will become green. If not, then red. I see what I can do about avoiding application freezing.

Edited by ALIENQuake

Launcher is freezing because it execute EET_Gui mod with appropriate commandline switches for installing and uninstalling. If the installation/GUI change was sucesful, the "Current GUI" text will become green. If not, then red. I see what I can do about avoiding application freezing.

I just dd another round of tests with your tool. It works now as described. I have no idea what failed on my earlier attempt. Maybe too many other things were running.

Anyway, sorry for the false alert.

1.3.0 - responsive "Change GUI to ..." operation

Application is no longer frozen/suspended during "Change GUI to ..." operation and the user will receive feedback of the operation status during execution

Edited by ALIENQuake

The new logo can be identical of the current one with "Enhanced Edition Trilogy" text. Or you own invention with BG1, SoD, BG2, ToB and IWD icons/logos combined. :beer:

Edited by ALIENQuake